Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sounds good. That's for phone as well? Anyway, if you can have phone and unlimited internet for 450 baht a month, that's good. I'd hate to tell you how much my cellphone bill and internet bills are, here in the US.

Hi there. No. You need a bit extra for the phone. This is for data. However if you are like me nearly all my calls now are on LINE or Weechat or whatever.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Here are the codes. *777*7153# for 1Mbps @300 baht

or *777*7155# for up to 4 Mbps @450 baht.

For several years, I have been buying a 30-day data plan by dialling *777*985# - cost 399 Baht. This gave me 3Gb data, and unlimited wi-fi if in an AIS area (e.g. all of Central Festival Mall, Starbucks etc.), at maximum available speed.

So, to compare them:

*7153 - advantage: unlimited data ..... disadvantage: 1Mbps could prove slow

*7155 - advantage: unlimited data ..... disadvantage: at 450 Baht, it is the most expensive package

*985 - advantage: as fast as it gets ..... disadvantage: the 3Gb might not be enough if you are streaming videos or whatever. (It's never been a problem for me as I don't even use 1Gb usually, but I don't stream videos.)

Have I got this right or am I missing something?

Incidentally, it was a long time before I realised this but the 399 Baht above is before VAT, which they also subtract. I suspect the 300 Baht and 450 Baht are likewise.

P.S. Info here:

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/nonstop.html

http://www.ais.co.th/postpaid/ontoppackage/en/internetpackage.html

Edited by Bazle

I have been here for 12 days and in total used 3.1 gigs. Most of this is me using data for Hotspot for my laptop. For me the 1 m speed is adequate for everything I want, even YouTube.

I have been here for 12 days and in total used 3.1 gigs. Most of this is me using data for Hotspot for my laptop. For me the 1 m speed is adequate for everything I want, even YouTube.

Thanks. That's interesting.

Do I conclude correctly that your hotel doesn't have free Wi-Fi?

You conclude correctly. I can pay for it as an extra but still need phone and data when I am out and about. From now on I think that the 300 baht plan plus 100 baht for the odd phone call will suit me fine for a month in Thailand.

I use the weekly package 123, (123 baht, for a week)... gives 1GB at 'max' speed then reduced speed, Wi-Fi unlimited, FREE calls during 5am – 5pm, 100 SMS and 23 MMS. Details.

Find the speed fine for the odd time I need to hotspot, but not streaming video. That's pretty much only when True are screwing around and my home network is off-line. Probably paying for shit I don't need... MMS for example... don't use phone for much other than like a computer in my hand. But when I start looking at alternative tariffs, my eyes glaze over and I feel weighed down with a deep boredom!

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

I'm using AIS 6Mbps. Unlimited data at that speed. 550 Baht +vat 30 days *777*7211# or 7 days *777*7210# for 150 Baht +vat.

Upcountry we could only get TOT ADSL 10M and actual measured performance was 7M down 500K up. Also any time there was a slight power outage it took over 5 minutes for the internet to reconnect, and in 3 years I had two routers destroyed during thunder storms even though connected through a surge protector.

We switched to AIS 6M and it measures 6M down 6M up all the time. I run it as a hot spot on a phone I was no longer using with a range extender elsewhere in the house. We're able to stream videos on two devices and do any browsing/etc we need. We have computers, mobiles, tablets, smart tvs, and a printer connected with no problems, other than needing to periodically reset the mobile running the hot spot.

Later we moved to Rayong and just took it with us and kept going. If we buy a place down here we'll probably put in a fiber line, but for now this is acceptable.

• Upvote 1

Arrived two days ago and concluded that the best way to handle the phone issue is to call into AIS at the airport and talk it over. The plans are forever changing and what was right in the past might not be now. For instance I use my phone for a Hotspot for this computer and other phones.Its a simple two minute transaction to get a plan, pay some money that covers a top up for the phone as well as 30 day coverage.

Arrived two days ago and concluded that the best way to handle the phone issue is to call into AIS at the airport and talk it over. The plans are forever changing and what was right in the past might not be now. For instance I use my phone for a Hotspot for this computer and other phones.Its a simple two minute transaction to get a plan, pay some money that covers a top up for the phone as well as 30 day coverage.

That's what I do every trip. We use my mobile as a hot-spot when up at our house.

• Upvote 1

AIS True and DTAC all have similar plans for "always on" connections rather than unlimited at high speeds

Think the one I use is 212 baht for a month. First 2gb of data at top speed and then speed throttled for rest of month but still plays youtube no problem

If anyone wants it just let me know and will dig out short code

From now on I think that the 300 baht plan plus 100 baht for the odd phone call will suit me fine for a month in Thailand.

Am I understanding this correctly, 100 baht for one phone call? That seems high to me.

Good info chaps, I tend to roar through data in LOS doing skype etc and watching movies on my phone, but Teelack, do all the plans include the tethering allowance?, as tethering onto my Ipad would be a real help.

Good info chaps, I tend to roar through data in LOS doing skype etc and watching movies on my phone, but Teelack, do all the plans include the tethering allowance?, as tethering onto my Ipad would be a real help.

Data is just data, whether you use if for watching you-tube or hotspot to a pad or laptop so not sure what you are asking here.

Not like the restrictive USA.

• Upvote 1

Data is just data, whether you use if for watching you-tube or hotspot to a pad or laptop so not sure what you are asking here.

Not like the restrictive USA.

Yes agreed every sim from every network obviously going back prior to smartphones has worked via dongles no problem as normal in Thailand

• Upvote 1