Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Not open Monday.

Not open Tuesday.

Not open Wednesday.

Not open Thursday.

Asked today on their Facebook if open today and after 2 hours no reply.

Are they on holiday?

Been looking forward to their food all year.

According to the Facebook page their delivery drivers are sick. Last update was on 7 August.

They've always had a reputation for being unreliable as far as keeping to regular opening times is concerned.

• Upvote 2

According to the Facebook page their delivery drivers are sick. Last update was on 7 August.

They've always had a reputation for being unreliable as far as keeping to regular opening times is concerned.

They moved from Soi Buakhao did they not? Not sure where they moved to.

nm: moved to Jomtien

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1

Not open Monday.

Not open Tuesday.

Not open Wednesday.

Not open Thursday.

Asked today on their Facebook if open today and after 2 hours no reply.

Are they on holiday?

Been looking forward to their food all year.

They sell their frozen meals in Siamsburys up Khao Talo but I've never bought any from there..

I had a delivery once .....

Edited by Bullfrog

Last I heard they had a cart in LK Metro but I am tucked up in bed before anything of interest happens on that street ......I think they concentrate on frozen and delivery service..

I think that's why the bar/restaurent didn't make it. Brilliant idea, good location but customer facing skills were lacking ....... that is my experience anyway...I just gave up wanting to go in there..

nm: moved to Jomtien

Yes. They've got a place on Soi Chayapreuk that they do takeaways and deliveries from. The Soi Buakhao and LK outlets are long gone.

• Upvote 1

The Soi Buakhao and LK outlets are long gone.

During my morning walks I have seen another chinkie cart just as you go in on the right at the Witherspoon entrance side...... I have heard it is good scoff and decent portions..... But no personal experience though...

As an American I find glaswegian Thai food to be completely inedible for my taste. The sauces are cloyingly sweet, everything I've had has been swamped and syrupy sweet, with overwhelmingly gooey sauce.

I'm used to the American Style as found in San Francisco Bay area Chinese restaurants that specialize in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine which tend to be less loaded with sauces and have more heat.

I've eaten at and ordered from Wok n Roc, and I've left most of the order uneaten every time. I will give kudos to their hot and sour soup though. It's pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

As an American I find glaswegian Thai food to be completely inedible for my taste. The sauces are cloyingly sweet, everything I've had has been swamped and syrupy sweet, with overwhelmingly gooey sauce.

I'm used to the American Style as found in San Francisco Bay area Chinese restaurants that specialize in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine which tend to be less loaded with sauces and have more heat.

I've eaten at and ordered from Wok n Roc, and I've left most of the order uneaten every time. I will give kudos to their hot and sour soup though. It's pretty good.

As I posted earlier .........."I had a delivery once ....."

But I will never forgive the yanks for pushing the "No MSG" bollocks...If I see any restaurent with a sign that says "No MSG" then I don't go in...simples....

I think that's why the bar/restaurent didn't make it. Brilliant idea, good location but customer facing skills were lacking ....... that is my experience anyway...I just gave up wanting to go in there..

IMHO this reply just about covers it for me.

As I posted earlier .........."I had a delivery once ....."

But I will never forgive the yanks for pushing the "No MSG" bollocks...If I see any restaurent with a sign that says "No MSG" then I don't go in...simples....

"MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex — include:

• Headache
  • Flushing
  • Sweating
  • Facial pressure or tightness
  • Numbness, tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas
  • Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
  • Chest pain
  • Nausea
  • Weakness

However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid foods containing MSG."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

My supermarket used to carry two brands of Polish sausage. One had MSG and the other did not. They stopped selling the one without MSG. I miss it, not because it had no MSG but it actually tasted better than the brand that has MSG. I occasionally get a hankering for Polish sausages and eat the brand with MSG and suffer none of the symptoms attributed to it anecdotally.

As to our FDA. They banned cyclamates for being carcinogenic and allowed saccharine. I think that is reversed in Canada.

With all of the things we allow in our food here, from dyes to emulsifiers to...the list is endless...I have to agree that our obsession with MSG is over the top.

"MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex — include:

• Headache
  • Flushing
  • Sweating
  • Chest pain
  • Nausea
  • Weakness

I get those exact same symptoms when asked for a 1.5K BF and 5K LT!.

BTW Nice way for the Wok N Rok people to show us exactly how not to run a potentially successful business in Pattaya, poor customer service especially when they're queuing up!. A friend told me anecdotally about the customer service there, basically it sucked and because he compained they banned him, so fuck them, they deserve to fail if that's their attitude.

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 3

• Headache
  • Flushing
  • Sweating
  • Chest pain
  • Nausea
  • Weakness

I personally believe that the early diagnosis was wrong and things just developed from there.

I think it was caused by the amount of Chinese rice wine used in the cooking...

BTW Nice way for the Wok N Rok people to show us exactly how not to run a potentially successful business in Pattaya, poor customer service especially when they're queuing up!. A friend told me anecdotally about the customer service there, basically it sucked and because he compained they banned him, so fuck them, they deserve to fail if that's their attitude.

I dared say as much on PL and was eventually banned..

• Upvote 2

I personally believe that the early diagnosis was wrong and things just developed from there.

I think it was caused by the amount of Chinese rice wine used in the cooking...

You left out the most important part:

researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms

If there is one problem with it, it is sodium. Sodium is everywhere in our diets. Too much sodium can contribute to high blood pressure.

There are so many chemicals in our environment that I doubt MSG would be anywhere near the top of the list of concerns.

I get those exact same symptoms when asked for a 1.5K BF and 5K LT!.

I go to Pats and drink Beer Chang and no problem I drink Heineken and get a headache. It must be from MSG in the hops.

:P

I don't want to say anything that offends our British board members but never understood the hype about WoknRok. Tried the place a few times and found the food terrible and came back thinking it was only a mistake. It wasn't.

I don't want to say anything that offends our British board members but never understood the hype about WoknRok. Tried the place a few times and found the food terrible and came back thinking it was only a mistake. It wasn't.

No offence taken...My delivered meal was small portions and tasted shit.

EDIT = And late and cold.....and the woman was rude on the phone telling me she was cooking and not to call back (after one hour of waiting)

Edited by Bullfrog

I complained years ago about the quality and quantity of the food.

I was completely ignored,and he started a brand new thread.

That was not being ignored it was being avoided.

I tried them once. It was ok, not great but OK. I would have tried them again but now I am glad they aren't around the area I am staying.

That was not being ignored it was being avoided.

I tried them once. It was ok, not great but OK. I would have tried them again but now I am glad they aren't around the area I am staying.

By the way, Evil's report on the Spag Bistro is just a short walk from your rear entrance............Oooh Matron!!!!

By the way, Evil's report on the Spag Bistro is just a short walk from your rear entrance............Oooh Matron!!!!

What do you know about my rear entrance? We ain't been properly introduced yet!

But Spag Bistro is now on my list!

• Upvote 1

• Headache
  • Flushing
  • Sweating
  • Chest pain
  • Nausea
  • Weakness

However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid foods containing MSG."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

I am one of those who has a mild reaction to MSG, my neck breaks out in a flush, and I get a salt type taste for some time after the food is eaten. My girlfriend noticed this during breakfast one day and asked me what it was and I told her "Chalot" (MSG), her eye widened, she promptly left the table and went over to the lady who cooked my breakfast most mornings and had a "discussion", no more MSG in my meals after that. It is a mild reaction and I was not fussed, as I saw it this was part of living in Thailand and eating as the locals do.