Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am one of those who has a mild reaction to MSG, my neck breaks out in a flush, and I get a salt type taste for some time after the food is eaten. My girlfriend noticed this during breakfast one day and asked me what it was and I told her "Chalot" (MSG), her eye widened, she promptly left the table and went over to the lady who cooked my breakfast most mornings and had a "discussion", no more MSG in my meals after that. It is a mild reaction and I was not fussed, as I saw it this was part of living in Thailand and eating as the locals do.

MSG doesn't do anything for me. Good or bad. I have a brother-in-law who has avoided it for 30 or more years.

Despite the fact that there is no research to support the negative effects, there are many who swear differently, as you do.

There are far too many chemicals in our food from field to table.

I remember when a little jar of Ajinomoto MSG to shake on your food was standard in restaurants in Thailand.

I'm not sure about MSG, but there's some ingredient in some foods that occasionally cause me to have an anaphylactic shock type reaction. Itching all over, eyes and throat just about swollen shut, etc. Oatmeal does it for sure, but I've occasionally had the symptoms after eating Chinese and Japanese food. One time, in San Diego, I almost died after eating some Japanese food and then taking a long walk down by the beach. Of course, they put so many different ingredients in Asian food it would be hard to pin down what causes the reaction. Mostly, I try to watch what I eat and hope for the best.

I'm not sure about MSG, but there's some ingredient in some foods that occasionally cause me to have an anaphylactic shock type reaction. Itching all over, eyes and throat just about swollen shut, etc. Oatmeal does it for sure, but I've occasionally had the symptoms after eating Chinese and Japanese food. One time, in San Diego, I almost died after eating some Japanese food and then taking a long walk down by the beach. Of course, they put so many different ingredients in Asian food it would be hard to pin down what causes the reaction. Mostly, I try to watch what I eat and hope for the best.

There are many foods, like peanuts, that can cause what you describe. Shellfish can be an issue too. An allergist can test you.

"In the U.S., eight foods account for the majority of food allergy reactions. Those foods are peanuts, tree nuts, milk, egg, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish. Virtually any food may cause anaphylaxis. People who have both asthma and a food allergy are at greater risk for anaphylaxis."

https://www.foodallergy.org/anaphylaxis

It seems time has been called on the latest iteration of Wok n Rok. They mention problems with staffing and location as the reasons for closure.

I find it very hard to believe that they couldn't replace 1 motorbike taxi driver with another!! Apparently, that is their reason for closing, a sick driver!!

It seems time has been called on the latest iteration of Wok n Rok. They mention problems with staffing and location as the reasons for closure.

Same reason every time they make a change.

• Upvote 1