Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I know it`s early but it`s very important to me to have it booked and also get in for the cheapest flights.....

I am led to believe that you can only book flights 330 days in advance, so therefore this means we cannot book Christmas/new year 2003/4 till 330 days before the Return date?

Has anybody any advice on this subject, I am looking for flights for the 13th and 20th of December , returning on the 11th...... from Manchester UK to Bkk. Best deals ,good places to book and when and how much ......etc

RD

Ruu-Dak,

You can book an airline ticket more than one year in advance (see Airline Networks site).  However, some agents (Travelbag etc) use a 12 month "rollling" booking system i.e. at the moment you can only book up to Dec 03.  If you type any date in Jan it will think you are trying to book your return prior to your outbound travel.

Most airlines release their seats at discounted rates 8 and 4 months prior to the dates of travel.  This tends to be centred on the school terms (and the public's holiday booking patterns) therefore the best availability at the best price tends to occur immediately after the New Year, Whitsun and August Bank Holidays. e.g. for travel during the period Sep-Dec, the first tranche of discounted seats would be released in Jan followed by another tranche in late May/early June depending on the number of seats the airline has been able to offload.  This also allows the agents to reduce their marketing/advetising costs rather than having to continually advertise deals throughout the year.  This is a very general overview as each airline has its own individual marketing policy e.g. Thai appears to release its seats much later than other airlines.

For travel over Xmas/New Year I would be inclined to wait until after Easter or Whitsun when there will be availability at reasonable prices as most airlines high season prices will kick in at some point between 1-15 Dec.  It is unlikely you will be able to source absolute cheapies for travel after 15 Dec - notwithstanding what Generals Bush and Blair et al get up to in the coming months.

Happy hunting.

Regards,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Just for info......... Emitrates have very good rate from Manchester before the 9th of December.....Also from this friday it will posible to book for the first first 2 weekends in 2004......i.e 330 days from 10th Jan 2004.

get in there for best prices!  ;)

RD 8)

Qatar from Manchester.......£496 dep 13th.... rtn 11th

from www.wefly.com rung them and more should be available from Monday...... [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]