Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Worst Hotel in Thailand for Punters?

Board members sometimes get upset over joiners' fees. The Atlanta Hotel in Bangkok is a lot worse.

Atlanta.JPG

Here is their caveat:

"Caveat
The Atlanta is run on conservative principles and fosters traditional values.
The Atlanta does not hesitate to refuse rooms to persons unsuited to the prevailing ethos of The Atlanta – even if they have a confirmed reservation.
1/ The Atlanta does not welcome SEX TOURISTS, and does not try to be polite about it.
Borderline cases are not given the benefit of the doubt, but are treated as sex tourists.
Those who are borderline cases should stay elsewhere.
Guests who attempt to bring in bargirls, catamites and their like will be told in plain language to settle their bills and leave.
Remaining on the premises after being told to leave will be treated as a police matter.
The Atlanta does not ask for or listen to explanations or excuses, and does not apologise for the manner in which miscreants are thrown out.
The Atlanta also does not apologise for any mistakes it may be accused of having made with regard to the identification of sex tourists.
To keep The Atlanta private, secure, wholesome and sleaze-free for the kind of guests we welcome, room guests are not permitted to take visitors / outsiders upstairs into the building and their rooms, or into the garden and pool area.
Exceptions may be made in appropriate circumstances at the management's discretion. Suitable visitors / outsiders may be entertained in the restaurant.
2/ The Atlanta operates a "ZERO TOLERANCE " policy regarding TROUBLE-MAKERS, POSSESSORS AND USERS OF ILLICIT DRUGS and ALL OTHER ILLEGAL AND NEFARIOUS ACTIVITIES
3/ The Atlanta also does NOT WELCOME UNDOMESTICATED PEOPLE – the sort of people whose conduct and appearance give tourists in general and their compatriots in particular a bad name. When The Atlanta states 'NOT WELCOME', The Atlanta means it. There will be no politeness about it.
4/ The Atlanta welcomes FAMILIES and prides itself on its child-friendly staff, but families are welcome only if CHILDREN are KEPT UNDER REASONABLE CONTROL.
The Atlanta is not a playground for children: children must not be allowed to disturb other guests. Families that do not keep their children under control will be told to settle their bill and leave in no uncertain manner.
5/ The Atlanta particularly welcome guests who like PETS and ANIMALS.
The Atlanta is home to many rescued cats, terrapins and one dog, all of which are well cared for. The garden of The Atlanta is also home to many squirrels, birds, etc. However, guests are not allowed to bring in pets or other rescued animals. The Atlanta already has too many rescued animals on the premises.
Visitors who object to any of The Atlanta's policies or who intend to spend their time in Thailand whoring, behaving badly, indulging in alcohol abuse and illicit drugs should stay elsewhere. The Atlanta is not that kind of place.
Tourism is not about going on a rampage through other people's country: those who cannot travel abroad without behaving badly should stay home.
On these policies, The Atlanta is not interested in dissenting public opinion or what the business world calls 'customer feedback'.
The Atlanta caters to a certain kind of clientele and that is the end of the matter.
No discussion. No compromise. "
|Any of you want to book a room there? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evil
:devil

• Upvote 1

I would say that that is pretty extreme.

Catamites! Hmmm. I am a simple fornicator but also not welcome.

Below is a history of the hotel. The founder was a Prussian who married a Thai woman, The son is very conservative - duh!

"Under current ownership, the son of the founder made a clear choice, stayed true to his own ideals, and wrote a manifesto "run on conservative principles and imperiously heedless of fashions and trend … untouched by pop culture and post-modern primitivism","

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/complaints-permitted-branding-lessons-from-atlanta-bangkok-smit

“No Customer Complains”

Edited by midlifecrisis

I would say that that is pretty extreme.

Catamites! Hmmm. I am a simple fornicator but also not welcome.

Below is a history of the hotel. The founder was a Prussian who married a Thai woman, The son is very conservative - duh!

"Under current ownership, the son of the founder made a clear choice, stayed true to his own ideals, and wrote a manifesto "run on conservative principles and imperiously heedless of fashions and trend … untouched by pop culture and post-modern primitivism","

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/complaints-permitted-branding-lessons-from-atlanta-bangkok-smit

“No Customer Complains”

Well well. I like the fact that Bangkok has diversity and that there is some places for everyone even if we see it as a crazy. Mind you I see that they welcome animal lovers. Is this shorthand for some devious sexual behaviour? Any place where you can take a dog but not a girl is IMHO suspect!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Okay, at the risk of sounding stupid, I hereby publicly admit that I had to google "catamites" to figure out what that word meant.

I had a suspicion that it was the same as sodomites but I had to look it up to make certain also. 66 years and have never heard of that word before.

I just googled synonyms for sodomite and it catamite was not included.

Well well. I like the fact that Bangkok has diversity and that there is some places for everyone even if we see it as a crazy. Mind you I see that they welcome animal lovers. Is this shorthand for some devious sexual behaviour? Any place where you can take a dog but not a girl is IMHO suspect!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I remember a guy with a baby elephant walking around Suk soi 33. Would they let them stay there?

Perhaps size is an issue for them too.

:rolleyes:

Okay, at the risk of sounding stupid, I hereby publicly admit that I had to google "catamites" to figure out what that word meant.

To your credit....

It's not often you hear the word "catamite" and it made me laugh. The bizarre stance with this hotel is they'll let you keep your cocker spaniel there but not your cock boy or bar girl.

Sounds as if it is run by liberal progressive regressives.

No, just plain old reactionary conservatives.

It has absolutely nothing to do with conservatives, reactionary or otherwise. Conservatives do not put a lot of emphasis on animal rights, etc.

The Progressive/Regressive/Fascist/Stalinist movement has no tolerance for anything that does not conform to their very narrow scope of political correctness. NOW (National Organization of Women) component does not support the sexual exploitation of women. NOW are Regressives. Animal rights groups are generally Regressives, etc.

• Downvote 3

Hi,

I was tempted to stay a night just to see what it is like. It seems an unusual place in a quiet area. They might like my bow ties and bespoke shoes, but I'm sure they would have me out of there pronto.

It has absolutely nothing to do with conservatives, reactionary or otherwise. Conservatives do not put a lot of emphasis on animal rights, etc.

The Progressive/Regressive/Fascist/Stalinist movement has no tolerance for anything that does not conform to their very narrow scope of political correctness. NOW (National Organization of Women) component does not support the sexual exploitation of women. NOW are Regressives. Animal rights groups are generally Regressives, etc.

Bullshit

I think we should flood their email with "What is your policy for bringing lady-make-money back to the room?" questions and ask if they entertain bestiality as an option, given that they don't allow bargirls.

Cunts.

Since they appear to reject everyone, I wonder if it is a cover for something

C'mon, the place will be packed with tree hugger backpackers and bleeding heart liberals!

C'mon, the place will be packed with tree hugger backpackers and bleeding heart liberals!

They claim to not like either, but you just made me think "NGO"

I wonder how busy they are on a monthly basis?

Hi,

It looks nice IMO. It is very reasonably priced as well. I'm sure there is a market for their type of hotel. A niche market.

The Atlanta is an old-fashioned place of charm and genteel character in downtown Bangkok with the secluded and secure atmosphere of a private club and the facilities of a small resort for sleaze-free and wholesome tourism.

Run on conservative principles and imperiously heedless of fashions and trends, The Atlanta is untouched by pop culture and post-modern primitivism. Its style and atmosphere hark back to gentler and more cultivated times.

The Atlanta is popular with cultured occidentals, with writers, academics, artists, cinema & theatre and other professional people, with dreamers and innocuous eccentrics, and their families, who can afford to stay at more expensive places but choose to stay at The Atlanta.

A rescued dog that was at The Atlanta for many years but has already died was a very useful member of staff. It normally welcomed guests who walk into The Atlanta, but if the dog barked at the guest, it was 100% certain that that guest was going to turn out to be a trouble-maker. The dog was never mistaken – not once.

I stayed there as a backpacker on my first trip to bkk in the mid 1990s, on the recommendation of another Traveller. At the time I wasn't taking girls back to my hotel, as was travelling with a girlfriend.

The hotel was always full. Getting a room was a bit hit and miss, and the room we had was basic, but functional. We tried to extend our stay but the place was full.

As they make their views known in advance, I don't have a problem.

Ye

I stayed there as a backpacker on my first trip to bkk in the mid 1990s, on the recommendation of another Traveller. At the time I wasn't taking girls back to my hotel, as was travelling with a girlfriend.

The hotel was always full. Getting a room was a bit hit and miss, and the room we had was basic, but functional. We tried to extend our stay but the place was full.

As they make their views known in advance, I don't have a problem.

Yes, they are clear and have every right to run their business as they see fit and we have every right to scratch our heads and/or have a chuckle at their expense.

It does seem like they are in no danger of running out of lodgers. To each his own. Regular tourists need a place to stay also.

There must be a few punter unfriendly hotels in Pattaya also.

I doubt that I would past the "UNDOMESTICATED" requirement so its unlikely that I would need to be concerned about the manner in which miscreants are thrown out.

I am only taking a guess but the xmas staff pictures might look ke this which would explain the no sex policy

download.jpg

:bhappy

Might also need to google "unsullied"

Edited by graymatter
  • Upvote 1