Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Kiss Food & Drink on 2nd Road

I've probably eaten at least once per trip at Kiss for the past 25 years, usually on the way back to my hotel after a session. Never had a great meal there but never had a truly awful one either. Average food at modest prices and not a bad place to people watch

• Upvote 1

Evil:

Like you, I eat at KISS at the urging of my companion for the night. I like it for its hours -- nothing like a middle of the night Thai meail to try and wear off the drunkedness. It's also close to the LK Renaissance (now called the LK Residence). I've come to enjoy a bowl of Tom Yum Goong and some pork with chili and basil over rice.

Remember that one place that never closed when you were in high school and college -- your go-to place where you'd eat off off your incoming hangover. It may have been IHOP or Denny's. For my friends, it was a 24-hour Chinese restaurant.

Kiss is like that now for me. Wouldn't go there on purpose, but if me and the Thai girl are a little mow, it fits the bill.

(I really don't like any of their falang food. Don't let the waiters talk you into the overpriced and lack-of-quality steak dinner. That sucks.

I too last ate there some years ago and again at the behest of a Thai woman.

Walking back to my hotel down 2nd Rd my barfine insisted 3am was a mealtime... when all I wanted was to do the deed and get to sleep!

The Thai omelette was also my choice, who can mess that up!

Could do worse, perhaps the nearby Apex or Lek breakfast buffets!

Edited by jacko

I too last ate there some years ago and again at the behest of a Thai woman.

Walking back to my hotel down 2nd Rd my barfine insisted 3am was a mealtime... when all I wanted was to do the deed and get to sleep!

The Thai omelette was also my choice, who can mess that up!

Could do worse, perhaps the nearby Apex or Lek breakfast buffets!

But then you would have had to stay up later, maybe still libido deprived.

There is a guy that walks around hunched over everywhere in my town that looks as bad as that guy. He is seen on the side of the road often and everyone knows of him. I asked the police one day if the guy was dangerous and they said he wasn't. The guy never asked anyone for money and many people would just stop him and give him money.

One day I had stopped at a gas station when it was raining. He came up to me and asked if I would give him a ride home. Turns out that he lives in a very nice 3000 sq foot house on a full acre of land with his brother that was just as crazy as him.

There is a guy that walks around hunched over everywhere in my town that looks as bad as that guy. He is seen on the side of the road often and everyone knows of him. I asked the police one day if the guy was dangerous and they said he wasn't. The guy never asked anyone for money and many people would just stop him and give him money.

One day I had stopped at a gas station when it was raining. He came up to me and asked if I would give him a ride home. Turns out that he lives in a very nice 3000 sq foot house on a full acre of land with his brother that was just as crazy as him.

There are street panhandlers who do it as a second career. This guy though seems like a real looney tune. I wonder if his brother was also deported.

I don't enable street people. One time a large family group I was part of had a nice lunch in SF and we got dogie bags for untouched food. On the way out we offered food to a homeless man who declined it and wanted money.

The one time I gave money was 5 dollars to a guy on the median with a sign that said "I won't lie to you. I need a beer!"

Edited by midlifecrisis

"There are street panhandlers who do it as a second career. This guy though seems like a real looney tune. I wonder if his brother was also deported."

This was in the states. In the sticks here there are no sidewalks. The police gave him a reflective jacket to try to keep him from being ran over.

Haven't been to Kiss on 2nd Road for at 6 years, but occasionally use the one in Naklua because the GF and her kids are quite happy to eat there. Agree that the food is inexpensive but mediocre at best, but a lot of Thai girls like it. The farang meals are definitely not worth ordering - the french fries are ok but meat tends to be of low quality reflecting the price.

possibly be the food as it's average at best, horrible at worst. However, many, many would disagree with me. On Tripadvisor, Kiss ranks 55th out of 853 reviewed restaurants in Pattaya. Of the 566 individual reviews, 20% rank Kiss as "Excellent" and 46% rate it "Very Good." That's TWO THIRDS of the reviewers who consider Kiss "Very Good" or better. post-9139-0-34382100-1505732996.gif

Since my most recent trip to Thailand I have a new theory on food reviews. For some reason people tend to rave about various restaurants as being "incredible" , whilst they are on holiday.In fact, back in their own country the same restaurants would barely rate average.

In Pattaya, unless you are paying big dollar, almost none of these restaurants would survive 3 months in Sydney. Service, food quality, every level is ordinary or worse.

I would rate Kiss as borderline dreadful. I have only eaten there twice and would rate it 2/10.Looking around at other tables, I didn't see any diner enthusiasm.

If Kiss rates 55/853 I shudder to think what number 853 is like.

KISS as a last resort. Over the years I've only eaten there twice and I think that may have been as a result of a bizarre need to have diarrhea. All kidding aside, with the mixed reviews I'd read, and the high volume of people eating there 24/7, I had to try it to form my own opinion.

Both times I noted that the fryer oil tasted OLD. Ancient really. I'm guessing they filled the fryolator when they opened in the 80's and, without ever changing it, just kept adding oil as needed. The food, overall, was substandard even for the price. There are other places to get higher quality eats for about the same price.

I think the main reason people keep coming back is it's familiar and always open. An old stand-by. Kinda like the fat broad who you don't want to date but, hey, once and awhile, when it's 4am and you're drunk.....

With it's location, if they increased the food quality a bit, and its price accordingly, they'd make a killing. But, for as long as it's been there, they must know what they're doing and, most likely, ARE making a killing.

For me, I'll pass unless I'm unable to secure reservations at a fancy place like McDonald's or Burger King.

Kiss is ok to fill a hole and push a turd. People talk about how cheap the prices but i prefer places like Tin Cup or other "aharn dtam sang" spots. If i see Kiss and am hungry sometimes i walk up soi Diana to the Diana Dragon, a little pricier but better food and menu.

I ate at the Kiss outlet in the Rompho market in Jomtien once. It was passable food (high side of mediocre) and a slightly better physical setup. I can do better with a shorter walk.

i passed it everyday on my last trip staying at Areca,Kiss always busy, i tried it once, cheap and very basic food, had most of

my lunches at coffee club, a bit pricey but good food.

Yes busy day and night. An inexpensive option to getting some nutrition.

Perfect summary of Kiss Food. :P

They have a great location, and it's probably the only reason why they are still successful. :unsure:

There's one on the dark side soi Siam its stood the test of time ,

why I don't know , it's. The Thai equivalent to the UKs little Chef

I ate there once 8-9 years ago, was shit food AND service, but is a great place to "people watch", which I love to do ! Although I have to say your picture's are very good quality, almost makes the food LOOK edible ! HA! HA! HA!

I ate there once 8-9 years ago, was shit food AND service, but is a great place to "people watch", which I love to do ! Although I have to say your picture's are very good quality, almost makes the food LOOK edible ! HA! HA! HA!

It is indeed a great people watching place but even in that there are better.