Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

China Airlines Fuckup = Free RT Ticket 4 Me

Called to reconfirm my flight home and was told that they had overbooked 30 Seats due to a computer problem they gave me a free SFO/BKK/SFO voucher good anytime between 3/31 and 11/1/2003 only down side is that it is China Air. And to top it off I will only be 16/18 hours later than I should have been. ;D

It probably wasn't a computer problem.

Most airlines overbook the aircraft between 5% and 10%., if they get to capacity. They know that this is the rate for no-shows, and they want to fly with all seats taken.

This is the usual reason to bump somebody up a class, not goodwill.

There are some times of the year, and particular flights which have nearly 100% take-up, but airlines cannot seem to recognise this fact,hence"computer problems"

It's nice to see somebody benefiting from this attitude for a change, and not just being shafted

Congrats,

Andy

I always volunteer to get bumped. M family got double bumped in SFO. We got $1300 each from United. We got voucher's. ;D ;D ;D  Less then 12 hours till my plane leaves for BKK.

Guest Fatboyfat
For bumps.. try to book the Sunday 12 - 3 pm flights from Vegas..  most of the time over booked...

Saturday returns to UK (via LHR) on the EVA flights too. Mind they don't offer too much :P Last time offered me 5000 baht. I bartered for that and an upgrade to 1st class, which at first they accepted and then declined.  ???