Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best time of year to go to Pattaya?

Just a word of warning.

Dont go to Pattaya next February. Its Cobra Gold time !!

I thought we just got the annual 'No impact on availability of girls or prices' claim from EP for an October Cobra Gold!

Yes here.

Edited by jacko

Sorry Jacko even EP said Feb

"Thailand and the US will launch the next Cobra Gold drill, the biggest annual multilateral military exercise in the Asia-Pacific, on Feb 13-23 next year, with 29 participating countries and more than 12,000 military personnel, according to the Royal Thai Armed Forces (RTAF) headquarters."

Sorry Jacko even EP said Feb

"Thailand and the US will launch the next Cobra Gold drill, the biggest annual multilateral military exercise in the Asia-Pacific, on Feb 13-23 next year, with 29 participating countries and more than 12,000 military personnel, according to the Royal Thai Armed Forces (RTAF) headquarters."

Sorry I thought I was being funny...

US, Thailand plan Cobra Gold 2018

19 Oct 2017 at 04:04

Sorry Jacko missed that warped sense of humour of yours, my apologies :rolleyes:

I sometimes don't get it myself... still not as bad as atlas!

Ive only been in Patts once during Cobra Gold times and I would never ever go there again during that period.

Girl prices were ridiculous anywhere around walking street.

Then again I will probably never ever go to Patts again :(

Ive only been in Patts once during Cobra Gold times and I would never ever go there again during that period.

Girl prices were ridiculous anywhere around walking street.

Then again I will probably never ever go to Patts again :(

So the best time not to go was the eighties ?

Joe ?

So the best time not to go was the eighties ?

Joe

Nah, it was pretty darned good.

When the boys arrived it changed, but that was only a limited time.

Nah, it was pretty darned good.

When the boys arrived it changed, but that was only a limited time.

Indeed so. I always dodged Cobra Gold after that but even going maybe 2 weeks after it there were less girls as they ripped so much cash off the military they were able to take a Holiday.

You know that Officers werent stuck with the Midnight curfew? At the Dianna Inn one time I tried to book their best rooms but were told that they had US Officers there. I think that was the time that there was a huge carrier there and around 7 or 8 other ships.

Indeed so. I always dodged Cobra Gold after that but even going maybe 2 weeks after it there were less girls as they ripped so much cash off the military they were able to take a Holiday.

You know that Officers werent stuck with the Midnight curfew? At the Dianna Inn one time I tried to book their best rooms but were told that they had US Officers there. I think that was the time that there was a huge carrier there and around 7 or 8 other ships.

Might have been there myself, I certainly recall times when US guys seemed to be everywhere, like there were thousands of them.

Sat next to the guys who were paying more for their beers than I was!

• 2 weeks later...

The very best time is when the weather is terrible where you live,For me in the Netherlands it's January-february.

So with respect to the UK that means 11 months of the year is OK to go !

So with respect to the UK that means 11 months of the year is OK to go !

I live in the Netherlands and the sun always shines there,Off to North Wales at the end of the month till January packing the waterproofs, back to holland for a week in January to get my visa and then it's thailand for 8 weeks.

I live in the Netherlands and the sun always shines there,Off to North Wales at the end of the month till January packing the waterproofs, back to holland for a week in January to get my visa and then it's thailand for 8 weeks.

Dump the waterproofs and take a boat !!

Got dogs to walk.

Try Bala, lovely place or maybe Llangollen and the superb Pontcysllte Aqueduct a few miles away.

Try walking over the aqueduct, made my wife nearly chuck up when she looked down.

Park up at Froncysllte drop down onto the canal towpath and walk along the lovely leafy approach to the aqueduct. You can realy smell the wild garlic along there

Some guys like the Songkran insanity. A good friend of mine always came over during that time. The last time he did that, I told him that if he ever comes over during that madness, he is on his own. During the holidays is good but prices for everything are at their highest.

Well November may have been mentioned, but I had the misfortune to be trying to drive home about 5pm yesterday and well, traffic is already a hassle. A lot of large tourist buses/coaches are choking up the junctions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

March to May: The weather becomes hot and humid during the months of March, April and May but nevertheless the influx of tourists remains high. While the beaches are busy during this period, they aren't as crowded as during the peak season.

Even The best time for you to have a holiday will depend on your priorities. If you want nice weather and don’t mind paying premium prices then visiting during the high season months would probably be the best choice. On the other hand, if you are prepared to take a chance on the weather in favor of making big savings on items such as flights and accommodation you may want to head there during the low season.

Please note that although the wet and dry monsoon climate is fairly predictable, occasionally wild variations from the average figures are possible in any given month so the following information should only be used as a rough guide. As with most places in the world, there is always an element of luck when it comes to the weather!

Edited by keyman
removed link to a tourist website -

The heavy rains at this time of year are spectacular to watch - as long as you watch from a nice, dry bar, :P

Coming from a country where it tends to drizzle on for days, I do enjoy the rain here, unless I have to be somewhere, it's a right bugger then.

The heavy rains at this time of year are spectacular to watch - as long as you watch from a nice, dry bar,

Coming from a country where it tends to drizzle on for days, I do enjoy the rain here, unless I have to be somewhere, it's a right bugger then.

Well said. If it looks like rain then stay in an area that has a lot of bars. It may take hours to get back to your hotel but you will feel no pain when you arrive.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk