Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Honey Hotel Bangkok. Still Open?

Anyone know if the old Honey Hotel in Bangers is still open? Its one of the old early Bangkok Hotels. I see the old Golden Palace has now gone.

Ah OK cheers. I love that old fleapit. It has an outdoor pool on the first floot thast overlooks the road. In Songkran 4 years back we would stand by the edge of the pool and pour cups of water over the side onto people !! Great days

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

im pretty sure I stayed here a fair few times!

Is it near (ish)! to Soi Cowboy?

If so....I have many happy memories of the place!

Same road as Robinsons Store

• 1 month later...

First Hotel I stayed at on my first trip to BKK back in 1985.

Great hotel, and loved the diner attached to it. Took more girls than I remember back there (although I was in my twenties, so had more power!)

Found this on YouTube if anyone wants to reminisce;

• Upvote 1

That brought back some memories.

My last trip there was around 5 years ago at Songkran and we were stood by the wall next to the pool on the 1st floor chucking buckets of water at passing people.

Had lots of girls in there Good old place.

Well the old Golden Palace on Soi 1 has gone now the Honey.

One stay there was enough for me, when it comes to Honey, I like Honey House. It was hidden in a sort of courtyard off Suk. Soi 22, near Larry's Dive (also now gone), and before Queen's Park Plaza.

Honey house yikes I stayed one night came back early am

Rat in reception , guy woke up from

Sleeping behind counter no problem rat not go upstairs

Checked out early next day bookedin to the now gone Citrus up the block -alsonow relocated to soi13 I think ..

Blast from the past ....

The thing with the Honey Hotel and the other cheapie the Golden Palace on Soi 2 was that, back when they were first built they were in a class of their own as they had swimming pools. In the 70's onwards The Honey was also close to the action at Soi Cowboy and the old Washington Square area..

The Honey also had those notorious Closed rooms where locals could drive their car in between the hotel and restaurant and into sort of cubicles where curtains could be drawn so the guy inside could take his short time lady out in privacy and into a room next to the car.

Funny how some of us judge our longevity by some Hotels?. I can clearly remember sitting in a bar on Sukhumvit before the Skytrain watching the Landmark Hotel slowly going up, and I Pattaya watching the Lek Hotel slowly being constructed, also that Huge place along the Beach Road that looks like the front of a ship, when that was being built many of us couldnt work out what the bloody thing was.

I do miss after dinner drinks at the Old Nipa lodge in their outside beer area.

Edited by Goldpanner
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...