Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Air France A380 Engine failure

Complete front disc failure, not a RR Engine though.

44E6189B00000578-0-image-a-2_1506794691090.jpg

44E6188800000578-0-image-a-1_1506794121336.jpg

Airbus-terror.jpg

Aircraft currently sat at Goose Bay military airfield.

And before everyone starts going on about the old "Airbus vs boeing" debate, Engine Alliance who made the engine are an American company.

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

And this would be a time where I would be happy to have 3 others.

• Upvote 2

On the youtube vid there is a set of steps. They might have had them brought in from elsewhere.

Either way, I'd have even money on the pax crapping themselves when it happened.

Yeah thank god it wasnt a Trent as certain Boeing supporters (who are at present very quiet) would have been cackling their tits off.

I love the A380, great plane. Though I also loved the old Jumbo's and especially the 707's.

I wont fly on a 777 or Dreamliner

I can remember my first trip out to Oz on a BA 707 in 1966. The routing, which is still clear in my mind was:

Zurich, Rome, Delhi, Rangoon, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Perth. Happy days.

It would be a bit disconcerting to look out and see that. Probably even more so if you heard something prang and not be able to see what it was.

The biggest blessing was that despite the cowling obviously taking the damage, had any of the fan blades (of which none seem to remain) gone into the fuselage or wankered the control surfaces of the wing it might have been a different story.

GP Why won't you fly on a 777 or Dreamliner?. Both very good planes in their own right.

Up until a few years ago Saha Air in Iran were still flying a 707. John Travolta has one in vintage Qantas colours (awesome plane). I never got to fly on a 707 which is a real shame for me, I'd have loved to have heard those old JT3D Turbofans doing the business on take off.

GP Why won't you fly on a 777 or Dreamliner?. Both very good planes in their own right.

I find 777's seating too cramped especially BA's 777's with the wing exit now blocked.

Dreamliners builds are now too flaky for me.