Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Air Asia transfer Utapao to Pattaya

Just made a booking with Air Asia that includes the minibus transfer from Utapao to Pattaya. Added cost was about 250 baht which is i believe standard for a minibus.

They have put a layover of 2hrs which i guess covers them to fill it up. Not sure how fussy they are with filling it up completely vs waiting around for a long time?

Anyone had experience of this journey?

Don't check luggage and you will be the first to the vans. Its the last folks that get orphaned.

I would look to see how long between flights coming in to Utapao also.

Don't check luggage and you will be the first to the vans. Its the last folks that get orphaned.

I would look to see how long between flights coming in to Utapao also.

A few more than I expected, they fly over my place this time of year..

Arrivals...

Unfortunately i will have a suitcase with me so no avoiding checked luggage. Looking at todays arrivals (thanks for the link Jacko) it seems there is a flight from Ubon 1 hour after the Phuket arrival...then one from Nanning (but i'm guessing the Chinese will have their own transport laid on?).

Interesting to note that the only international flights are coming in from China (3) and Malaysia (1). For today anyway.

Overall as a point of departure Phuket wins with 4 flights, then Chiang Mai with 3 and Udon Thani with 2. Hat Yai and Samui both have 1 flight coming in.

Edited by Chris100UK

Its not a long journey and private hires are available pretty cheaply. Can be booked on line. I wouldn't be waiting around for up to two hours to be crammed on a mini-bus, especially with their safety record. I've used one outfit many times, they don't list a price for that trip, but easy to message them and ask. http://www.pattaya4leisure.com