Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

No electricity near The Avenue tomorrow (Oct 10) from 09:00 - 16:00

I'm at the Hotel Baraquda, next door the The Avenue. The maid just walked into my room as I was showering to drop a note on the desk (actually, she walked in, saw me showering, screamed, and threw the note toward the desk and ran out apologizing profusely).

Anyway, the hotel GM's note says that due to scheduled work by the Provincial Electricity Authority on Buakhao Soi 15 (which runs behind The Avenue and the Baraquda), there will be no power tomorrow between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. They're apparently going to be working on underground cables.

It was 6:30 p.m. the night before the power outage when hotel guests got the note. And I'm pretty confident that the hotel would have provided more notice had they gotten notice from the Power Authority. But this just seems like a last-minute sort of thing.

If you were going to take breakfast or lunch at the Avenue or in the areas nearby tomorrow, you may want to give it a pass until the next day.

Harv

• Upvote 2

I'm at the Hotel Baraquda, next door the The Avenue. The maid just walked into my room as I was showering to drop a note on the desk (actually, she walked in, saw me showering, screamed, and threw the note toward the desk and ran out apologizing profusely).

Anyway, the hotel GM's note says that due to scheduled work by the Provincial Electricity Authority on Buakhao Soi 15 (which runs behind The Avenue and the Baraquda), there will be no power tomorrow between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. They're apparently going to be working on underground cables.

It was 6:30 p.m. the night before the power outage when hotel guests got the note. And I'm pretty confident that the hotel would have provided more notice had they gotten notice from the Power Authority. But this just seems like a last-minute sort of thing.

If you were going to take breakfast or lunch at the Avenue or in the areas nearby tomorrow, you may want to give it a pass until the next day.

Harv

Is there much left in the Avenue to do this?

Is the sushi buffet upstairs still going?

The Robin Hood Tavern in the Avenue mall had power at 11:00 am and I was able to eat breakfast in there. Most of the shops along 2nd Road were without power on the Soi 15 side, however.

The Royal Garden mall started having power cuts about 12 noon when I was in there, so it appears to be hit and miss.

We were out in the hotel from 9:30 - 2:30. Not too bad. Spend most of the time in bed with my girl. Didn't wake up until 2 because of heavy drinking last night.

Wasn't there a transformer fire at the City Hospital yesterday? Did that put power out in the area too?

Wasn't there a transformer fire at the City Hospital yesterday? Did that put power out in the area too?

I was having a beer or two at the a bar on Soi LK Metro and the power went off and on a few times somewhere before two PM. I'd guess the work being done caused the transformer to overload at the hospital.