Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Please could somebody in town please pop in when passing and post the website and email address (If I book I will obviously do it through Agoda)

There are a few sites/addresses on the web but none seem to be up and working and I want to do a bit of research before I book.

Also, has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so, any thoughts/comments?

Thanks in advance

It's 6 p.m. Pattaya time as I type this. If nobody sings out on this thread, I'll try and swing by tomorrow or the next day to get a business card and post a photo of both sides of it.

Harv

It's 6 p.m. Pattaya time as I type this. If nobody sings out on this thread, I'll try and swing by tomorrow or the next day to get a business card and post a photo of both sides of it.

Harv

Thanks Harv

Hey Parry --

I wandered past your potential hotel this afternoon about 3 p.m. First off, here are photos of their business card (front and back)

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 4.53.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 4.53.45 PM.jpg

The place is a lot bigger than the photo on hotels.com seemed to indicate. There are three equal-sized buildings in the hotel complex.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 5.08.41 PM.png

I don't now how crowded it is, but if the pool at 3 p.m. is any indication, not too many folks were hanging around.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 5.08.28 PM.png

I'm not sure if this is a place for Chinese tourists or not, but there was a big tour bus sitting idle in front of the buildings. And the front parking area looks made for multiple buses to be able to pick up and disgourge bunches of tourists. That being said, I've never had too much of a problem with lots of Asian tourists in my hotel beacause we are on such different hours.

-- They're up early. Raiding the breakfast buffet between 7-9. They they're off on their tour bus.

-- I'm up late. So when I drag myself out of bed, the breakfast area is usually empty. If the hotel is decent, they've restocked the buffet and I'm feeling pretty happy.

-- They're never at the pool because they're always out during the day doing stuff. Meanwhile, if I'm not getting some in the morning or early afternoon, I'm at the pool lying around like a lazy walrus.

-- I'm out when the Chinese tourists come back. If anything, we'll only intersect at Walking street as they're getting a tour from someone holding a flag and I'm looking for a really hot hello girl to mack.

The location of this hotel can't be beat. I've turned into a big fan of the Buakhao / LK Metro / Chaiyapoon area. It's all very convenient and walkable from the hotel.

I hope this helps.

Harv

• Upvote 2

Hey Parry --

I wandered past your potential hotel this afternoon about 3 p.m. First off, here are photos of their business card (front and back)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 4.53.32 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 4.53.45 PM.jpg

The place is a lot bigger than the photo on hotels.com seemed to indicate. There are three equal-sized buildings in the hotel complex.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 5.08.41 PM.png

I don't now how crowded it is, but if the pool at 3 p.m. is any indication, not too many folks were hanging around.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 5.08.28 PM.png

I'm not sure if this is a place for Chinese tourists or not, but there was a big tour bus sitting idle in front of the buildings. And the front parking area looks made for multiple buses to be able to pick up and disgourge bunches of tourists. That being said, I've never had too much of a problem with lots of Asian tourists in my hotel beacause we are on such different hours.

-- They're up early. Raiding the breakfast buffet between 7-9. They they're off on their tour bus.

-- I'm up late. So when I drag myself out of bed, the breakfast area is usually empty. If the hotel is decent, they've restocked the buffet and I'm feeling pretty happy.

-- They're never at the pool because they're always out during the day doing stuff. Meanwhile, if I'm not getting some in the morning or early afternoon, I'm at the pool lying around like a lazy walrus.

-- I'm out when the Chinese tourists come back. If anything, we'll only intersect at Walking street as they're getting a tour from someone holding a flag and I'm looking for a really hot hello girl to mack.

The location of this hotel can't be beat. I've turned into a big fan of the Buakhao / LK Metro / Chaiyapoon area. It's all very convenient and walkable from the hotel.

I hope this helps.

Harv

You beat me to it Harvey.

Good info,though i asked the walk in price.B1300,not include breakfast.

Good report Harvey.

"Kev in Thailand" did a youtube video review on this place:

Looks like it's a fairly new build. I don't mind Asian tourists, but they can be noisy in the wee hours. I recently stayed in the "Blue Sky" on Soi 5 which had a few of them in, and they were a pretty well behaved bunch.

Harv

Many thanks for taking the time to help me. I am much obliged.I don't know what the walk in rate is but on Expedia it is approx 1266 baht peak season, in comparison, the Areca Lodge is 2500 peak season plus a rip off 2200 compulsory gala dinner if you are there New Years Eve

Butch

Thanks bud. Ive seen the video and the rooms look nice

The give away that this is a chinese package tourist hotel is that on Agoda, there is only one size of room offered and the showers are small. The greyhound buses confirm it.

I didn't mind letting the chinese have beach road as long as they left us alone on soi bokow. Time to move on.

What kind of bar was it. I never went in it.

It was a no frills, hole in the wall, ST place. Think Telephone Bar, but with more room inside. IMHO, the Pattaya of old was more diversified in choices of upscale and downscale bars and clubs. What I see now is Pattaya is slowly becoming more like western cities with more glitzy bars, clubs, malls, hotels replacing the old hole in the wall places. It'll be another sad day when the Tin Cup is replaced by a McD or Burger King.

Harv

Many thanks for taking the time to help me. I am much obliged.I don't know what the walk in rate is but on Expedia it is approx 1266 baht peak season, in comparison, the Areca Lodge is 2500 peak season plus a rip off 2200 compulsory gala dinner if you are there New Years Eve

Butch

Thanks bud. Ive seen the video and the rooms look nice

Not sure when you're going to be here but I'm in Pattaya now and passed Areca Lodge the other day (11th Oct) and they had cracking walk-in deals advertised outside on a banner.I'm not staying there so I'm not sure how long this Promo is on for but I'm sure it would beat anything on any of those booking sites.I checked their website and the 'Deal' hasn't been put on there(maybe they don't update their site regularly) or it's just a walk-in Promo.

Areca Lodge.jpeg

Not sure when you're going to be here but I'm in Pattaya now and passed Areca Lodge the other day (11th Oct) and they had cracking walk-in deals advertised outside on a banner.I'm not staying there so I'm not sure how long this Promo is on for but I'm sure it would beat anything on any of those booking sites.I checked their website and the 'Deal' hasn't been put on there(maybe they don't update their site regularly) or it's just a walk-in Promo.

attachicon.gifAreca Lodge.jpeg

Yeah, I saw that a little after I checked into the Evergreen building at the back paying 1800/night through Expedia.... I needed reminding... :D

The old A Team bar was great, inside there was a welder, a "brake" (Metal bending machine) sheets of steel, plasma cutter, grinders, discs, spare engines, numerous light semi automatic weapons that won't hit anybody and enough gear to fabricate a makeshift tank to get the bad guys.

Plus a big black guy "who ain't gettin on no plane with that fool".

• Upvote 1

The cheap rooms at the Areca are very small compared to the other rooms that most will be familiar with, no balcony either.

I think there are only 5 or 6 available.

This is NOT a deal on any of the normal rooms seen on the website, these are new.

Edited by The_Fat_Controller

The cheap rooms at the Areca are very small compared to the other rooms that most will be familiar with, no balcony either.

I think there are only 5 or 6 available.

This is NOT a deal on any of the normal rooms seen on the website, these are new.

I thought so because when i checked the website these (Smaller) Rooms weren't on there.