Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Advertised Flights Not Available.

Anybody else had this? At short notice got 2 weeks off work and went to book flight to Thailand end November early December for holiday In Patts. Saw some good deals on net and tried to book but my debit card was rejected despite ample funds. Called websites and told reasons card not accepted as that fare not available any more and quoted vastly more than internet quote. Bit the bullet and booked Thai Airways direct for £600 .More than I wanted to pay but right times and trustworthy.

It's the travel agents version of "clickbait". They get you in promising the cheap price with the disclaimer that it is "from" say, £450, and to get the £450 price you need to be the first person to book it, all thr other seats are "from" £450.

I've had it myself loads of times, called up about a cheap advertised fare only to be told it had gone, but they can do me one for more.

To be honest, £600 for Thai at that time of the year isn't too horrific. I also tend to go direct with the airlines these days, although I end up paying a few quid more, it saves the hassle when having to go through a TA to get anything like a change of dates sorted.

Edited by Butch

What really pisses me off, are the web sites that offer the flights for £440 but when you ring and state dates required, you get "sorry can't get at those prices for those dates" I should ring and say I'll go on whatever dates at the price advertised, but then even if they are reasonable prices, they will slam you with a huge additional levy for paying by CC! how else can you pay?

Others that have experienced the same, Have a look!

Regards,

Edited to say, let it run until it ends, as it may run longer than you thought.

Edited by python

Same as used cars advertised in newspapers. When you turn up at the dealer: "Oh that one has gone, but we have another similar one that is only $2000.00 more".

Southwest air in the U.S is notorious for this. They advertise fares from said price but there is only one seat available at that price and always bought up by insiders

Apparently it's all to do with the Qatar embargo. Rice and veg are being flow round the world via Thailand and that is doing strange things to flight ticket prices.

Next thing you know, having started to spread the word, I'm going to be verbally attacked by a pensioner. A fellow Brit too?

Edited by thinkingallowed

Anybody else had this? At short notice got 2 weeks off work and went to book flight to Thailand end November early December for holiday In Patts. Saw some good deals on net and tried to book but my debit card was rejected despite ample funds. Called websites and told reasons card not accepted as that fare not available any more and quoted vastly more than internet quote. Bit the bullet and booked Thai Airways direct for £600 .More than I wanted to pay but right times and trustworthy.

There are several agents who get quoted by the big screenscraper companies who are notorious for advertising prices they have no intention of selling. Some will even take the booking and credit card details then 24 hours later tell you 'flight is not available' and then you have to wait between 5 and 14 days for a refund, some even have the gall to try and charge you an admin fee.. If this happens to you you should report them to the company listing them. If sufficient people did this those companies just wouldnt be quoted but alas most dont report them.

In your case at least they didnt hit your credit card, be thankful for that

Airfares can change by the minute. I guess you have to be flexible and ready to buy now if you see a fare that you like.

Its realy the Agents that vary the prices as the airlines issue their rates in blocks of usually 3 month periods. Some agents are pretty vicious in their pricing though

• Upvote 1