Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai Visa from Hull UK

Hi I will shortly be returning to Pattaya from the Winter 2017-18.

I am applying online, to the Thai Consulate at Hull in the UK.

The new regulations are, that you apply on line to Hull, who then forward it on to London.

If you are successful, you then have to go to Hull, in person, to collect the Visa.

I e-mailed my application over a week ago, but have had no reply or acknowledgement from Hull or London.

I have e-mailed Hull to ask if they have received my application, but still had no reply.

I have phoned Hull, and all I get is "all our operators are busy, please try later"

Anybody else had problems, or can help?

Same same here, but they turned around a 60day Visa in less than 5 working days by post

We ended up just getting the wife's new Passport while in Thailand, fast track one day., easy as.

Due to them only issuing 5 year Passports, we now have two, her new one and her old one with her valid UK Visa.

Hi,

I managed to speak to a lady on Tues 17th.

She confirmed that they had received my 2nd e-mail, but had no record of my original application.

She asked me to resubmit the application.

To be sure, I popped into my local Staples, office supply store, and got them to send an e-mail, with the attachments.

Just now ( 2 days later ), I have had confirmation that they have received my application, and have sent it on to London.

So, just have to wait a little longer, as the cremation of the late King, may delay things.

As I am not due to travel till the middle of Nov, I have time enough.

Thanks to all those who have shown interest in my plight.:)

This ruling came out about three years ago, the last time I applied for a non ‘o’ I sent my application direct to London had it back in 4 days to NE Scotland. Their website had all the details to follow.

I can’t see the point in using Hull if you know they are re-directing it to London, more chance of it going tits up IMHO.

Hope you get your visa soon. Enjoy your trip.

Regards

I can’t see the point in using Hull if you know they are re-directing it to London, more chance of it going tits up IMHO.

Hi Sam,

I have always used the Hull Consulate, and found them very good.

I was not aware, of the new arrangements, as, the last couple of visits to Thailand, were short ones, so I got 30 days on arrival.

I have just received conformation, that my Visa has been granted.

I will now have to drive from Manchester to Hull, to collect it in person. :ang2

In future, I will apply direct to London, but, I notice, they want paying in POSTAL ORDERS.

Didn't know they still issued them. :rolleyes:

As they say"all's that ends well" :D

• Upvote 1

Hi Sam,

I have always used the Hull Consulate, and found them very good.

I was not aware, of the new arrangements, as, the last couple of visits to Thailand, were short ones, so I got 30 days on arrival.

I have just received conformation, that my Visa has been granted.

I will now have to drive from Manchester to Hull, to collect it in person. :ang2

In future, I will apply direct to London, but, I notice, they want paying in POSTAL ORDERS.

Didn't know they still issued them. :rolleyes:

As they say"all's that ends well" :D

I took a quick look and they said 'cash only'... not a good idea for postal applications!