Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is Airport Parking now the biggest rip off ever?

Heathrow Short term parking is now £7 for one hour.

At Stanstead you even have to pay to drop people off !

Its disgracefull.

Its disgracefull.

They have a drop off charge at Aberdeen as well , if you don't have change on you

its a pain as you have to park up and go to a machine ,

Joe

Edited by gs joe

Its disgracefull.

Newcastle too....

And don't get me started on the bloody luggage carts.... what are all the airport charges included in the ticket for?

They haven't figured out how to charge for picking and dropping off here. I hope they never do. What a ripoff.

They just used an automated barrier that accepted £1 coins to gain access.

Presumably taxis had to pay too!

They just used an automated barrier that accepted £1 coins to gain access.

Presumably taxis had to pay too!

I can only imagine the outrage here. Which gives way to aquiescence typically.

Long term rates at SFO are $25 per day.

I can only imagine the outrage here. Which gives way to aquiescence typically.

Long term rates at SFO are $25 per day.

In the City too if I recall correctly!

They have a drop off charge at Aberdeen as well , if you don't have change on you

its a pain as you have to park up and go to a machine ,

Joe

I think Aberdeen upped the charge to £2.00 a while back. You are only allowed 10 minutes in the drop off zone.

Regards

Lots around Fisherman's Wharf are now $10 or more dollars per hour. Parking in SF is a nightmare.

Yeah I did it once and then learned to park up out of town and use the BART.

Yeah I did it once and then learned to park up out of town and use the BART.

just BART no "the" needed.

The best way to visit parts of the city is BART but areas still need cars - Twin peaks, the zoo, Golden Gate Park, the Golden Gate bridge, Fort Point and many other places it is best to have your own car or wait for busses or take cabs to and hope for the best back.

Around downtown, cabs are not a bad way to go. Distances are relatively short and reasonably affordable.

One great thing about the City is that most major streets run east to west and north to south, especially north of Market Street. Many are one way. Busses are frequent. You can go from downtown to the ocean on a bus easily.

Edited by midlifecrisis

just BART no the needed.

The best way to visit parts of the city is BART but areas still need cars - Twin peaks, the zoo, Golden Gate Park, the Golden Gate bridge, Fort Point and many other places it is best to have your own car or wait for busses or take cabs to and hope for the best back.

Around downtown, cabs are not a bad way to go. Distances are relatively short and reasonably affordable.

One great thing about the City is that most major streets run east to west and north to south, especially north of Market Street. Many are one way. Busses are frequent. You can go from downtown to the ocean on a bus easily.

If I recall correctly you could walk around and see a lot.

I used that cable pulled tram up the hill!

If I recall correctly you could walk around and see a lot.

I used that cable pulled tram up the hill!

Ah the cable cars. Actually useful from the end of Fisherman's Wharf (Hyde Street) to Union Square.

And yes, if you are walking fit, you can do and see a lot in San Francisco. It is a great city for pedestrian tourism.

edit: is this some kind of moderator TF entrapment?

:poke

Edited by midlifecrisis

A lot of people dont know that at all Heathrow long stay ,the first 2 hours are free and ideal for dropping off/picking up with free buses every 10 minutes!

Indeed so and well pointed out. Ive used the Free long stays a few times when meeting friends and wanting a cup of tea or sandwich beforehand

A lot of people dont know that at all Heathrow long stay ,the first 2 hours are free and ideal for dropping off/picking up with free buses every 10 minutes!

Im one of the people that didnt know that!

Thanks for posting...Useful tip.

Im one of the people that didnt know that!

Thanks for posting...Useful tip.

And I am one of the people surprised by that.

Surprised that there is anything free around there!

From the Heathrow.com website

http://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/heathrow-parking/heathrow-long-stay-parking

Pick-up and drop-off Members of the public can use the Long Stay car park for two hours free of charge. Re-entry to Heathrow Long Stay parking is prohibited within 24 hours. This facility is not available to private hire and trade vehicles. Upon exit, the barriers will read your ticket or registration number. For stays of over two hours the standard Short Stay tariffs will apply.