Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

90 day report--that was quick

Went to immigration to do my 90 day report this afternoon as I figured it was the only day it would not be insane this week. Perhaps, but it was busy enough.

The young lady at the front counter only asked what I wanted to do and gave me a number rather than pre-checking my paperwork.

There were fifteen ahead of me at counter #4 but things moved along quickly. The officer checked my TM.47, and then scanned the last blue receipt. If that was from the last 90 day report, that was interesting because it would have been before the first of the year thanks to out of country travel and my most recent extension. She looked at the TM.6, checked something in the computer and gave me a new blue receipt and all of my copies of the lease, passport pages and TM.6.

I think I will still take my copies next time.

Went to immigration to do my 90 day report this afternoon as I figured it was the only day it would not be insane this week. Perhaps, but it was busy enough.

The young lady at the front counter only asked what I wanted to do and gave me a number rather than pre-checking my paperwork.

There were fifteen ahead of me at counter #4 but things moved along quickly. The officer checked my TM.47, and then scanned the last blue receipt. If that was from the last 90 day report, that was interesting because it would have been before the first of the year thanks to out of country travel and my most recent extension. She looked at the TM.6, checked something in the computer and gave me a new blue receipt and all of my copies of the lease, passport pages and TM.6.

I think I will still take my copies next time.

I was there this morning to first pick up my passport with a new extension to stay, and then do my 90 day report. Getting the passport back was quick, but close to an hour wait until my number came up for the 90 day report. Usually in and out in minutes, but wasn't surprised by the delay today given yesterday was a holiday and another closure coming up on the 26th.

I've been several times now for the 90 day report with just the bar coded receipt. Never been asked for copies of anything, so don't bother anymore. Wish we didn't have to jump through the 90 day report hoop, but have to say since the introduction of the bar coded receipt it's been relatively quick and painless.

• Upvote 2

I just take my passport for 90-day reporting too. Last time in early October I timed it right and was in and out in just 3 minutes.

My attempt at using the online system failed this time. I don't think I have managed to use it for two successive reports yet.

Visited Soi 5 today around 11am and surpriaed that were just over 40 people in front of me and only one guy on the desk. However, he was getting through the work pretty quickly and the wait was around 45-50 mins.

My attempt at using the online system failed this time. I don't think I have managed to use it for two successive reports yet.

Visited Soi 5 today around 11am and surpriaed that were just over 40 people in front of me and only one guy on the desk. However, he was getting through the work pretty quickly and the wait was around 45-50 mins.

Did well to get done before lunch break.

Did well to get done before lunch break.

Yup, a guy who lives in my building came in a little bit later and he was getting a bit twitchy as the clock moved towards midday. However, it looked as though they were dealing with everyone who had been given tickets before taking their break.

Yup, a guy who lives in my building came in a little bit later and he was getting a bit twitchy as the clock moved towards midday. However, it looked as though they were dealing with everyone who had been given tickets before taking their break.

On a busy day they sometimes turn people away at 11, or sooner, and say come back after lunch.

Anyhow, thanks for update, mine to do in a week or two, then the dreaded extension renewal soon after...... :yikes:

• 1 month later...

In and out of immigration in 15 minutes this morning at about 10am,

Retirement Extension.. pick up passport Wednesday morning.

It took me longer to find somewhere to park....

Stelllar service...be polite, have your shit ready to go!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Same for me,maybe its a policy.You must attend in person every other time. If it is,i wish the would say so.

I haven't sone the 90 day check in in a while as work has been keeping me busy. I remember the last few times i went in to do it i was there no longer than 5 minutes each time. That is one thing they do have down well there now :)

• 1 month later...

I can only give positive reports regarding Immigration over the last few years.

They try hard to make the onerous, 'bits-and-pieces-paperwork'......work.

90 day reporting is almost a pleasure these days.

I did my yearly extension on Christmas morning..Smooth sailing....The staff all wore red Superman 'T' Shirts...And big smiles. In and out in 20 mins.

But I hadn't gotten around to completing my yearly cycle by adding a multi entry visa until this morning. I'd had all the paperwork ready apart from dates...But with no plans to leave soon ........ it was just a, 'why not do it today?' whim that took me along to Soi 5.

Two things irked me.....(I'm at the easily irked age)......

If you're unlucky (and I was), someone can appear in front of you carrying lots of passports and papers. Now I thought these multi-entry stamps had to be applied for in person....But a smartly dressed lady took up about 6 of the queue numbers ahead of me....... and so I would wait to be seen six numbers later than I would otherwise have been.

The other thing that irked was again dependent on luck. And as the song goes...."If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all'

Waiting you'll notice the numbers seem to freeze for 5 or 6 minutes and then resume counting on ....until finally my number.......My blessed number flashes. Pushing old ladies out of the way and trampling over gout-ridden feet and cripples, I'm there in an instant.The forms are checked and kept......3800 baht is handed over, and the blessed number is handed back to me....All within a minute. And I'm told to, 'Wait back over there' with the recently trampled and disgruntled masses.

After about 40 minutes of observing, a pattern becomes discernible and the reason for the regular hiatus' made clear...... Passports collected are piled and passed in order, for scrutiny and a flurry of stampings by a succession of staff....Ending up at the desk of a remarkable woman who handles Multi-entry and another section's piles.

Here's the irk!

In order for her not to be inundated passports are processed in batches that are denoted by each hiatus. Your position in that batch is all important.

Your position can mean that as well as waiting for the people in-front to be seen....... depending on which batch you squeeze into you can also wait for the people behind you to be processed.

I think all told I was there an hour and a half.......Can't really complain. I get a multi-entry purely to save on passport pages and further trips to Immigration.

I can now relax for another year.

Unless a vengeful cripple, or old lady have me cornered and want to settle the account.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 2

Timely report from Atlas2. I have just decided on a trip out and my one remaining decision is whether I get a single or multiple re-entry permit.

(It isn't a Visa).

Do I too get a multiple at 3800 (ouch), or a single for the trip I am planning in 7 or so weeks. Not sure yet if I will go to the UK this summer.

I have previously added a 3800 baht multiple promptly after getting my extension sorted, but rarely justified the expense. Obviously one needs to do 4 trips to feel justified on that one!

Getting that permit is always more of a wait than the 90 day reporting, or even doing the extension. Aggravates me that the retirement extension needs this further processing and expense to permit me to come and go freely.

I may have left the country more than 4x just once. Usually I waste money... but not more time or pages. Also it gives me the peace of mind that if I need to leave for a family emergency I can be on a plane straight away.

I may have left the country more than 4x just once. Usually I waste money... but not more time or pages. Also it gives me the peace of mind that if I need to leave for a family emergency I can be on a plane straight away.

I presume you know, for the emergency scenario, you can get a re-entry permit at the airport.

I presume you know, for the emergency scenario, you can get a re-entry permit at the airport.

No I didn't know that.

I've used the 'straight on the plane' justification in many conversations......And I think even on here before. No one has ever offered your information.

So thanks I might reconsider next year.

As for the permit/visa question? It is as you say a re-entry permit.

Though on the arrival cards we fill in they ask for the visa number........When they want the permit number.

Edited by atlas2

No I didn't know that.

I've used the 'straight on the plane' justification in many conversations......And I think even on here before. No one has ever offered your information.

So thanks.

Here is the info for Swampy....

Of course they call it a Visa just to annoy me, also available at Don Mueng

More info here in a Thai Visa thread.

Edited by jacko

I have my third trip coming up with no real prospect of a 4th before my next extension. As efficient as they are at immigration, avoiding a visit to Soi 5 is well worth 800 baht.

I have my third trip coming up with no real prospect of a 4th before my next extension. As efficient as they are at immigration, avoiding a visit to Soi 5 is well worth 800 baht.

Why not try the online reporting system before handing over 800 baht to an agent who will do fuck all for the money.

Hi,
Jomtien Extensions people seem to be very nice with long term residents, especially not asking them for TM30 when they come for their yearly extension. ^_^
Sadly, there are reports that the Reentry-Permit people are not so nice and a few guys on Retirement Extension have been asked to provide the TM30 documentation... and pay the 1'600B fine. <_>Direct consequence is that the Reentry-Permit desk at the airport could soon see a significant increase in the number of Pattaya guys getting their Reentry-Permit there... :rolleyes:

Nota: Despite what is written on the suvarnabhumiairport.com website, the Reentry-Permit desk is open 24/7 ^_^

• Upvote 2

Why not try the online reporting system before handing over 800 baht to an agent who will do fuck all for the money.

Nkped didn't talk about an agent ???

I think he meant that he paid 3'800 for a multiple Re-entry

but only exited Thailand 3 times this year

so could have paid only 3 x 1'000 baht using single Re-entry