Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Marquee Bar: 100-Baht Sunday Roast

Saw Cream, Hendrix, Ten Years After, Taste, Blodwyn Pig, Led Zeppelin, Yes and Jethro Tull at The Marquee............ Would have been nice to have a Roast there.

Sorry got nostalgic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saw Cream, Hendrix, Ten Years After, Taste, Blodwyn Pig, Led Zeppelin, Yes and Jethro Tull at The Marquee............ Would have been nice to have a Roast there.

Sorry got nostalgic.

I couldn't get a seat near the "entertainment section," but I did notice the music videos were played at a blessedly low volume. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Evil

:devil

Thanks for the write up Evil. I was wondering about this place and what a 100 baht roast would really be like. Seems now i'll have to give it a go

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Evil,

Many thanks,for the report on the Sunday roast at the Marquee, and your many others.

I'm sure the members on Talk, find them very interesting, and helpful.

I went there last Sunday, 12/11/17.

The place was reasonably busy, but I was served quite quickly.

Some the meals served after mine, didn't get the Yorkshire pudding, then later on meals were served with the Yorkshires.

I presume the Yorkshires, are cooked fresh.

As you say, the meal was nicely cooked and presented.

I went last night Fri 17/11/17, and had the 100 Baht Fish and Chips.

The fish was nice and seemed to have been cooked in a home made batter, rather than bought ready battered,from a commercial source.

The Chips too, were "chip shop chips", and, hot from the pan, not those horrible McDonald's type French fries.

Also on the plate, was a small container of peas, and a small container of Mayo.

It would have been nice to have Tartare sauce, but that would be nit-picking.

Value for money, YES.:)

• Upvote 2
  • 7 months later...

Still great value for money :-)

Yes, it is- and very popular. I was there at 7.00 p.m. on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago and they had already run out of all roast dinners.

Evil

:devil

Here is my take on the Marquee Bar 100 baht roast.

I had a couple of tries. This was simply because the so called small meal at the Retox Queens Arms was more than I could handle. I had the beef first and it was barely edible so I tried the chicken. It was a big slab and again more than I could handle and a bit tough. The rest of the meal was all at best luke warm and I find that annoying. The gravy was runny and again neither warm or appetising. Don't get me wrong.I think that for some this might be the best meal of the week and I applaud the place for effort. I did however decide that the 199 baht Queens Arms was a better buy even if I couldn't eat it all than the 100 baht meal at the Marquee.

One other point is that if you are on a strict budget the general price for drinks at the Marquee might save you a few baht over the competition.

^ That description sounds like a meal I got in Seaside once.

Which one?

The one off Soi 7 has gone downhill, but the one in Soi 25/ Chayaphum seems well patronized.

Sorry got nostalgic.

What about Pink Floyd in the early physcodellic days......