Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BA to become 'Airline of Choice'!? BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a Joke. BA Treats Economy customers like shit for years then tries to get them back

NOT A CHANCE BOYS

"We want to be the airline of choice for everyone. Every customer matters - short haul or long haul; economy or premium. So we must have an offer that is attractive to everyone."

Telling the audience that "we face waves of new competition on all fronts", he noted that budget carriers such as easyJet and Ryanair are now "giants" while low-cost long-haul is "becoming a more resilient model than many people anticipated".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/british-airways-unveils-new-45-11477734

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5056419/British-Airways-introduce-72-planes-revamp.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BA hosties became like PanAm ones......only somebody with severe Oedipus complex would even try. Qantas aren't much better, I once mentioned to one of the mincing stewards that it was nice that the ca

Only point I would make about BA if there was just one airline out there when an onboard emergency struck I would want it to be BA flight crew who were piloting it. Can you imagine sky jockey Somchai

^^   Now having more time to look at I also see plenty of references to 747's but yet again no sight of a completely blocked 777 overwing exit photo.

Perhaps a change of managment and internal policy, coupled with solid investment and re training could turn the airline around. Never say never, look at Marks and Spencer, at one time they were much like BA, had an over inflated opinion of themselves and sold nothing but crap, until a re working and fundamental changes were made, it soon became the "darling" of the high street.

It is possible but will take some sweeping and major changes.

They may struggle to change my opinion of them in my remaining time.

Plus a couple of his predecessors. How have they got things wrong for so long?

By sucking up to Business and first class passengers and ignoring Economy punters.

Butlins - You were posh, we always went to Pontins !

I did a lot of gigs at Butlins in the 70's. The place just seemed full of sex mad women of ages from 18 to 88

You knew if you were gigging at Bultins you would 100% get your legover. Not a shadow of doubt.

I never got my legover with a BA Waitress though, snotty cows.

Banged a SIA wautress in the 80's though

I did a lot of gigs at Butlins in the 70's. The place just seemed full of sex mad women of ages from 18 to 88

You knew if you were gigging at Bultins you would 100% get your legover. Not a shadow of doubt.

I never got my legover with a BA Waitress though, snotty cows.

Banged a SIA wautress in the 80's though

BA hosties became like PanAm ones......only somebody with severe Oedipus complex would even try. Qantas aren't much better, I once mentioned to one of the mincing stewards that it was nice that the captain had found his mum a job.

Edited by Bob Belzy
  • Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Only point I would make about BA if there was just one airline out there when an onboard emergency struck I would want it to be BA flight crew who were piloting it. Can you imagine sky jockey Somchai on Thai with an emergency and "mai pen rai" attitude

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only point I would make about BA if there was just one airline out there when an onboard emergency struck I would want it to be BA flight crew who were piloting it. Can you imagine sky jockey Somchai on Thai with an emergency and "mai pen rai" attitude

You wouldnt want to be on one of Bloody Awfull's 777's as they have blocked the overwing exit so they could put extra seats in.

Scumbags.

I will never, ever fly BA again and I will attack them verbally on every forum they post on.

They already know me well.

Their hilarious Facebook page is infested with all BA staff posting wonderfully things about them. I post insults and they just delete them instantly, they dont like criticism

You wouldnt want to be on one of Bloody Awfull's 777's as they have blocked the overwing exit so they could put extra seats in.

Scumbags.

I will never, ever fly BA again and I will attack them verbally on every forum they post on.

They already know me well.

Their hilarious Facebook page is infested with all BA staff posting wonderfully things about them. I post insults and they just delete them instantly, they dont like criticism

Blocked the overwing exit.....?? Completely ?? There is not an airline in the world who would risk the monstrous compensation bill to families if it caused fatalities in an emergency. Boeing would go ballistic. You show me a photo of having no exit access and I will happily concede the point

• Downvote 1

Blocked the overwing exit.....?? Completely ?? There is not an airline in the world who would risk the monstrous compensation bill to families if it caused fatalities in an emergency. Boeing would go ballistic. You show me a photo of having no exit access and I will happily concede the point

You dont read much aviation news do you or know a lot about aircraft?. BA Blocked the overwing doors on some of their aircraft years back after they got CAA approval because they could still do a complete evacuation of the plane in the required time without it. So they did and put extra seats in. Quite a few airlines have overwing exits blocked now and I was advised that some aircraft didnt even have them. Overwing exits were always smaller than the standard exits and could easily be blocked by overwieght passengers, but BA did it just to get extra money. In Fact one of the reasons for so many deaths at the Manchester BA disaster was because of the seating blocking the overwing exits.

"Overwing exits are smaller in width and height than standard emergency exits on an aircraft, and therefore have a reduced evacuation capacity, and are typically added to aircraft where there is insufficient evacuation capacity at the main doors to obtain a 90 second evacuation, but where the addition of another set of full sized exits is not necessary to accomplish this."

I await your conceding the point and apologising.......but you wont.

Boeing 787 has no overwing exits http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=754503

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108449

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-98110.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-05-23/news/mn-23699_1_engen

Edited by Goldpanner

You dont read much aviation news do you or know a lot about aircraft?. BA Blocked the overwing doors on some of their aircraft years back after they got CAA approval because they could still do a complete evacuation of the plane in the required time without it. So they did and put extra seats in. Quite a few airlines have overwing exits blocked now and I was advised that some aircraft didnt even have them. Overwing exits were always smaller than the standard exits and could easily be blocked by overwieght passengers, but BA did it just to get extra money. In Fact one of the reasons for so many deaths at the Manchester BA disaster was because of the seating blocking the overwing exits.

"Overwing exits are smaller in width and height than standard emergency exits on an aircraft, and therefore have a reduced evacuation capacity, and are typically added to aircraft where there is insufficient evacuation capacity at the main doors to obtain a 90 second evacuation, but where the addition of another set of full sized exits is not necessary to accomplish this."

I await your conceding the point and apologising.......but you wont.

Boeing 787 has no overwing exits http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=754503

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108449

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-98110.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-05-23/news/mn-23699_1_engen

Well you're clearly used to people in life who dont stand up to their mistakes. I do and concede the point. Though why you have referenced 787 aircraft I'm not sure. You in addition have fudged the issue somewhat and I see no photo of a blocked 777 overwing exit as yet

• Downvote 1

I'm a life long atheist but when a British company forbids its staff from wearing a crucifix or any other representation of Christianity then that's me finished with 'em. They will never be my 'airline of choice'.

And I bet there are plenty of others who have shunned them over the last few years.

^^

Now having more time to look at I also see plenty of references to 747's but yet again no sight of a completely blocked 777 overwing exit photo.

You rabidly claimed.

"Blocked the overwing exit.....?? Completely ?? There is not an airline in the world who would risk the monstrous compensation bill to families if it caused fatalities in an emergency. Boeing would go ballistic. You show me a photo of having no exit access and I will happily concede the point"

I totally dissproved your rabidly scribbled claim as you didnt even bother checking your facts before slagging me off, If you had checked your facts before posting you wouldnt have made yourself look such a dick, but you didnt, preferring to attack me with a ridiculous unresearched statement to try and claim some brownie points.

I doubt you have the capacity to check properly, or even check the trade and daily papers for references to BA installing seats in the overwing exit gap on some of their their aircraft including their 777's.

Maybe you also missed the complaints that the overwing, or near overwing exits themselves were far too small?

Maybe you werent born in the late 90's when it was mentioned in many newspapers that BA were installing seats in some overwing exit gaps? At the World Travel Trade exhibition sometime in the late 90's a couple of reporters from some daily rags were thrown out when claiming that BA were risking peoples lives by fitting seats in exit spaces. It was quite amusing watching BA reps squirming.

Next time you attempt to attack someone, DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST.