Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

attachicon.gifIMG_0325.jpg

That night I decided to try one of Volare's pizzas. I chose prosciutto (dry-cured ham) as the topping. It's not a traditional pizza topping in Italy, nor is it customary in the U.S., but I love prosciutto and thought it would taste great on pizza. I was right.

attachicon.gifIMG_0329.jpg

The pizza was 13 inches (33 centimeters) in diameter, which would put it between medium and large on the U.S. size scale. It had a thin Neopolitan crust and I would have preferred a bit more char on the bottom of the crust, but that may be a NYC thing. The sauce and cheese hadn't been laid too thickly so the taste of the prosciutto was overwhelmed. It was a good pizza and I wouldn't hesitate to order pizza again from Volare.

attachicon.gifIMG_0328.jpg

Pizza for takeaway might get more frequent business.

Evil

:devil

Thanks. I'll do a take away pizza pie this week. No, it's not a NYC thing. I ask for extra crispy when I order back home. Best pizza city in Canada. Windsor. I'll report back.

Edited by Chester007
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I'll do a take away pizza pie this week. No, it's not a NYC thing. I ask for extra crispy when I order back home. Best pizza city in Canada. Windsor. I'll report back.

Windsor has better pizza than Montreal? That's welcome news. Pizza in Toronto is generally terrible. Tell me more!

Windsor has better pizza than Montreal? That's welcome news. Pizza in Toronto is generally terrible. Tell me more!

There's not much Windsor is better at than Montreal. However our Pizza industry is very well known to be the best. When there are competitions we always rate in the top 3.

There was an international competition in Las Vegas and we placed 3rd. Just saying 555555

http://windsorstar.com/news/judges-agree-windsor-has-some-world-class-pizza

There's not much Windsor is better at than Montreal. However our Pizza industry is very well known to be the best. When there are competitions we always rate in the top 3.

There was an international competition in Las Vegas and we placed 3rd. Just saying 555555

http://windsorstar.com/news/judges-agree-windsor-has-some-world-class-pizza

Haven't been to Windsor in decades. Time to drop in for the pie.

• Upvote 1

If and when you do, please contact me. I'd be happy to be your Pizza Pie tour guide. Ironically this just happened today!!!

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/south-windsor-arena-renamed-the-capri-pizzeria-recreation-complex

Thanks! Any decent peeler joints in Windsor?

Thanks! Any decent peeler joints in Windsor?

After filling the bellies of fine pizza, I'm sure I can show you some fine pussy at the gentleman's clubs. Anymore requests, please speak to my agent who arranges all tours for me. 5555555555555

A few nights ago I took Mrs. MGDN for din-dins at Volare.

I had the tagliatelli with mushrooms and cheese sauce, and the missus had the salmon cream sauce spaghetti.

Food and service were quite good. Boring mangiacake bread as EP says, but my pasta was tasty. The missus, however, complained that her dish was quite salty. I sampled it and thought the same.

When we told the waitress, she apologized and knocked 20% off her bill. Considering that the usual reaction in a Thai-run restaurant would be a nervous laugh and no redress, I was impressed that the waitress had done something to keep us happy. She also assured us she would tell the kitchen about the matter.

So no complaints on that front, but a few other cavils:

• Where we sat outside, they had recessed lighting mounted behind ceiling fans. That meant the light had an annoying strobe effect, so we had to move tables to avoid getting a headache.
  • The only comfortable seating is outside. Inside seating is all tall bar stools. So you can have comfortable chairs or aircon but not both. Fortunately it was a cool evening.
  • Considering that it is basically a spaghetti joint with a few twists, Volare is rather pricy. Total bill, for two plates of pasta and water plus service charge, came to over 1000 baht. For what we ate, we should have gotten change back from a purple.
  • As everywhere in downtown Pattaya, parking was an afterthought. Fortunately a restaurant across the street offers parking for 40 baht for one hour.

I could see myself eating here again -- I'd like to try the pizza -- but I might go for the spaghetteria down the soi near the Avenue first.

• Upvote 2