Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi everyone! So as the topic suggests this will be my first time in pattaya, in fact first time in Asia. I leave uk middle of January and I'm on here for any tips or help that people can give. I've been hearing a lot of different price ranges some saying a gogo girl can be 4000baht+ can someone help clarify prices of all types, like beer bar girls and massage parlours. I've read that I shouldn't over plan and that when I get there any plans I had will go out the window and so I'm not I will just go with the flow. But any help you guys can give me would be appreciated. I am in thailand for 2 months I'm not sure how much of that time will be spent in pattaya. I also plan on making my way to phuket for diving at one of the nearby islands, is it worth having a few nights out In phuket?

Thanks in advance guys ???

Just going with the flow is the smart thing to do, as that's what you usually end up doing, anyway. As for girls? Mostly, they'll try to extract from you as much money as they think they can, so you have that little problem to deal with. Since you're on vacation, you can just pay full "retail" price and not worry too much about it. Or, if you want to try to economize, then just pick a price you want and don't let them talk you into paying more. Some places, like the soapy massage places, have fixed prices, so your only worry there is whether or not to tip and how much.

As for Phuket. If you're going down that way for scuba diving, a few nights or even a week at Patong Bech would be fun. The Bangla rod area is where all the nightlife is located.

Just make sure that the price, how long she'll stay, what she'll do, etc. are all agreed to before paying the barfine. Don't be worried about embarrassment, you won't come up with anything she hasn't heard before. ALWAYS PAY HER AFTERWARDS and, if she doesn't perform as agreed or leaves early, cut the payment and tell her why.

Stand firm if she doesnt perform it will happen and she will

Cry wolf trust me Im sure we have all been stung this way previously ... be ready but Enjoy

Your 1st trip is a memory to be treasured ?

Phuket is more expensive than Pattaya. There's plenty of info here (on the forum) for the first time traveller but you might need to search it out or ask for a link. I think you need to be elevated to "member" status before accessing the really useful info though (stuff like updated prices and the answer to your question about GoGo girls).

If perhaps you chuck a few more posts up or ask the Admin / Mod team nicely you might get bumped up.

Edited by Butch
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for upgrading me, already researching! And thanks for the replies.

Haven't even been to pattaya yet but I'm already in love with it, I just can't wait to get the

Just going with the flow is the smart thing to do, as that's what you usually end up doing, anyway. As for girls? Mostly, they'll try to extract from you as much money as they think they can, so you have that little problem to deal with. Since you're on vacation, you can just pay full "retail" price and not worry too much about it. Or, if you want to try to economize, then just pick a price you want and don't let them talk you into paying more. Some places, like the soapy massage places, have fixed prices, so your only worry there is whether or not to tip and how much.

As for Phuket. If you're going down that way for scuba diving, a few nights or even a week at Patong Bech would be fun. The Bangla rod area is where all the nightlife is located.

I have an unusaul problem I am looking for a bi lady for my Thai girlfriend

You're going to have a blast. Yes while in Phuket it is definitely worth a few nights out. It's not Pattaya but then again what else is? Good to see a few different places on your first trip.

The only advice I will offer is as follows.

Read all you can about your destinations on sites like this. In my case I believe that it saved me a lot of time and money as well as having introductions before I even set foot in some of the places mentioned. If you cannot find the information that you look for make a note and post it here.

The one thing however that you CANNOT rely on is that any boardie will have the same opinions, needs, wants as you do. For every guy who is happy to pay premium prices there is another looking for a bargain on Beach Road. For everyone that tells you Thai food is good another will extol the virtues of the vast range of European food in Pattaya. Many will tell you of the pleasures of the gogo bars while others never go near them and quite legitimately believe that they are a rip-off. And so it goes on. Pattaya is a place that has something for everyone, even those that secretly have a fetish need and want a good spanking! There is simply no " One " Thailand or Pattaya. Enjoy but read, ask and follow your own agenda.

• Upvote 2

There is little to worry about as a first timer, the normal travel rules apply here just as they do everywhere so remember this is a third world country even if the big cities have skyscrapers and fancy hotels, the general run of folk are dirt poor . Dont worry too much about things before you get here and don't sweat the little things as you will be able to make your time here in un town a great time on what for us westerners is a little money. Food is what you want to make of it , as you can eat very cheap or cheap and good as well as very good food at reasonable prices or pretty crap food at awfully high prices . Look and learn don't be afraid to ask and don't believe all that is told to you by strangers.

Prices for companionship start at 500 baht, ST, on beach rd, 1000 baht in some bars and can be anything when you take a dancing girl from a gogo but it all depends on the girl the location the time of year and the willingness of yourself to pay the asking price. Don't forget the bar fine when in a bar they can sometimes be larger than you think. All asking prices are negotiable and negotiating is expected . If you are young handsome and slim then the prices will probably be a little lower , if on the other hand you are old fat and no oil painting then negotiation is the only thing between you and poverty that ot beach road .

Enjoy you holiday and read this forum a lot , I did before my first trip many years ago and I found the answers generally reliable and accurate, but always helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Brian you have made 3 comments all of them in my opinion negative.I am sure you are of the opinion that they are going to be helpful.I on the other hand never use the safe in my room and don’t hide anything maybe i have been lucky but in 36 visits of 3 weeks i have never lost anything,i usually stay at the Residence Garden in Pattaya.I also never negotiate apart from asking “you ok smoke” i wont on principle pay more than1500 barfine i usually pay 3000 for long short time ie drinks eat,back to hotel maybe 4 hours in all.I give 4000 for long time but leave it up to them whether they stay or not.Lastly I don’t go to places that ladyboys frequent few if any GoGo,s in Walking st have any and that is my normal hunting ground.I am not saying don’t be sensible and cautious when needed but i am sure with my attitude i have saved myself a lot of stress over the years,if not money.

Big Brian you have made 3 comments all of them in my opinion negative.I am sure you are of the opinion that they are going to be helpful.I on the other hand never use the safe in my room and don’t hide anything maybe i have been lucky but in 36 visits of 3 weeks i have never lost anything,i usually stay at the Residence Garden in Pattaya.I also never negotiate apart from asking “you ok smoke” i wont on principle pay more than1500 barfine i usually pay 3000 for long short time ie drinks eat,back to hotel maybe 4 hours in all.I give 4000 for long time but leave it up to them whether they stay or not.Lastly I don’t go to places that ladyboys frequent few if any GoGo,s in Walking st have any and that is my normal hunting ground.I am not saying don’t be sensible and cautious when needed but i am sure with my attitude i have saved myself a lot of stress over the years,if not money.

I don't see Brian's comments as particularly negative, more like a useful heads up to help a newbie avoid some of the pitfalls that could spoil a night or even a holiday.

In particular I think the advice about using the room safe and keeping valuables out of sight of overnight guests is a sensible precaution.

Just because you haven't had anything stolen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. JMHO.

• Upvote 2

I prepare my room before going out for the night, anything valuable gets locked away, all i have lost in 20 years is a few bars of chocolates,which i leave out for the girls anyway, not saying things will be stolen , best to be safe than sorry, i do know of a few guys who lost stuff, cameras watches phones etc.

I do think it's useful advice to be somewhat vigilant about theft and pickpocketing. I try to keep my wallet in one of my front pockets, and I try not to carry around too much cash. I keep a back-up ATM card in my room safe, and I keep anything worth stealing locked up when I'm not in my room. Usually, the hotel maids are honest, but not always. I remember once talking to a guesthouse owner about the problem he was having with the maids. Apparently, he was having trouble finding maids who didn't steal from the guest rooms.

More advice: don't walk around wearing expensive gold jewelry. Leave your expensive jewelry and watches at home.

I prepare my room before going out for the night, anything valuable gets locked away, all i have lost in 20 years is a few bars of chocolates,which i leave out for the girls anyway, not saying things will be stolen , best to be safe than sorry, i do know of a few guys who lost stuff, cameras watches phones etc.

Yep, it happens. And BigBri has given some useful advice to a complete newbie coming to Pattaya and Thailand for the first time.

Over the years, albeit my earlier travelling years, i have lost a phone, a watch, a bottle of aftershave, and varying small amounts of money. Shit happens, and i guess Fisherman has just been the luckiest guy alive so far!!

Let’s just say I am a relaxed optimist and you other contributors to this thread are confirmed pessimists.Glass half full not half empty.I would add i think having a sexual experience with someone is a far to intimate and personal experience to me than a detailed negotiated programme of requirements.I would add that i have had hardly any poor experiences maybe because i spend some time with a girl before i ask to barfine her,and then have a drink with her in Secrets or Le Pub then go to eat, so before going to the hotel we are quite relaxed.Even at the hotel nothing is rushed.Further as i have said before i try to dress well and smell nice I think some of the bad experiences guys have are brought about by their own distrusting behaviour and the belief that everyone is out to rip them off.

Let’s just say I am a relaxed optimist and you other contributors to this thread are confirmed pessimists.Glass half full not half empty.I would add i think having a sexual experience with someone is a far to intimate and personal experience to me than a detailed negotiated programme of requirements.I would add that i have had hardly any poor experiences maybe because i spend some time with a girl before i ask to barfine her,and then have a drink with her in Secrets or Le Pub then go to eat, so before going to the hotel we are quite relaxed.Even at the hotel nothing is rushed.Further as i have said before i try to dress well and smell nice I think some of the bad experiences guys have are brought about by their own distrusting behaviour and the belief that everyone is out to rip them off.

I wasn't going to bother but hey, let’s do it.

So. By preaching a bit of caution this labels us as "Glass half full" people? I don't think so. Perhaps forewarned is forearmed is just as applicable.

As your previous posts point out, and indeed the above, you are prepared to pay 4000 baht plus 1500 for a LT plus all the trimmings. This is over the odds for Pattaya but each to his own. The vast majority simply cannot pay this when added to food, hotel, flights and what have you but as sure as hell they all have a good time in this town. Then again a lot live here full time and there are plenty like me who spend four months a year in Thailand.

A number of your posts have drawn attention to the fact that many of us are lazy and self-destructive because we neither dress, bathe nor groom to your standards. Thanks for the hint but I think that we have it now! If we missed out last night by not being presented properly despite offering 4000 baht then I guess that you are right.

In a previous mail you mentioned that some boardies were ganging up on you and that you were taking umbrage at people who dare question your attitudes, spending habits or your advice. You even suggested that there was a clique who had it in for you! Read the following.

I get ticked off from time to time by the mutual admiration societies on here

Jacko and Teelack I made a contribution to a thread and you two deem it necessary to make what you think are smart arse comments.You Jacko are a moderater and should be encouraging people to respond and join in with threads.I have been making occasional contributions here for a number of years but never have i belittled other peoples contributions.

The people who contribute to this forum are as different as any bunch of people who could ever be found on this earth. This is in terms of finance, appearance, attitudes and most importantly, what they come to Thailand for. Perhaps a little bit more live and let live would be appreciated.

PS. Is your comments regarding our “slobishness” not belittling?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1