Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Teelack who mentioned slobishness ? I am entitled to my view about the very negative attitude adopted by some guys on here.I am well aware that many guys are not able to pay high prices.But they are able to dress decently and smell ok.And going into minute detail about what the girl will do i am sure leads to a negative experience.As does distrust and feeling that everyone is trying to rip them off.I always have a great time in Pattaya and i have merely told how i go about it.I certainly don’t leave wads of cash lying about but I don’t distrust everyone.I am a great believer that the vast majority of people are honest decent people.Put money in three different pockets.keep a spare ATM card in the safe.Careful about ladyboys,Lock everything up sounds like paranoid behaviour to me.But anyone that comes to Pattaya can have a great time but i feel that the negative suggestions gets some newcomers off on the wrong foot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fisherman the use of the invented word slobbishness I think covers your description of guys who neither dress, smell or look the part. It's easier to say than list the sins individually.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Teelack,You are undoubtedly an articulate contributor to this forum and for sure have many admirers and followers.So i find it difficult to understand why you felt the need to write a lot of lies and innuendo about my previous contributions.If i am prepared and financially able to pay 4000 +1500 barfine for a beautiful girl to spend the night with me what has it got to do with you ? I suppose i could have said i paid no Barfine and gave the girl a 1000 and gained a few admirers.but i told the truth.When have i said they are “lazy and destructive” and where have i said that you all need to “ bathe dress and groom like me “When have i taken “umbrage at people that question my attitude spending habits or advice” “Is your question about our Slobishness not belittling”It may have been if i had said it but I didn’t.I am surprised that someone like you felt the need to write such a load of garbage.When i contribute on here i do it with the intention to be helpful and truthful,even if that doesn’t fall in with the majority.

• Downvote 1

Well that qualifies for 'belittling other people's contributions'.....

Let us get back on topic.....

Edited by jacko
  • Downvote 1

Fisherman.

You're right, my posts do come over as a bit negative. My intent was gentle advice on enjoying a trip, not "don't come here, it's dangerous".

The thing is; minor issues that you or I - as long time visitors - would shrug off, could ruin a trip for a first-timer and make him an only-timer. My very first night in Thailand, 20 years back, an expat in a Patpong bar gave me similar advice, I should have bought him more beer, I didn't realise how valuable his words were.

I've lost a couple of thousand over the years, had the odd padded bill, nearly left a bar with an unexpected ladyboy. Nothing serious though in 30 trips.

As to the country - I live here now.

Big Brian,Thank you for your gentle response i am sure your advice was well intentioned as was mine.It just so happens that we are at opposite ends of caution,you are maybe too cautious and i am maybe careless but both of us were trying to help a newbie.A little different to the aggressive response off some,thank you.

Possibly been robbed of all his belongings and is shacked up with a ladyboy.

Or expected to come round late afternoon after being drugged and robbed, as happened to me once.

Or expected to come round late afternoon after being drugged and robbed, as happened to me once.

How could that happen ? Did you not listen to all the precautionary advice on here,mind you I didnt hear any advice on avoiding being drugged.!!! Note to op always go around with a pal and never eat or drink the same thing as your pal. Edited by fisherman194

How could that happen ? Did you not listen to all the precautionary advice on here,mind you I didnt hear any advice on avoiding being drugged.!!! Note to op always go around with a pal and never eat or drink the same thing as your pal.

It was rather a long time ago, prior to my spending much time on here.

Perhaps,. with warning, it may not have happened to me. That is why I personally believe some forewarning of possible negative issues is a good thing.

My after shave got nicked too, so I was unable to take your advice to protect myself!

Same thing happened to me quite some years ago and it was very hard to get over. I guess that somewhere in my psyche I may have a reluctance to get involved with freelancers but then again it still happens. I can only believe that when a girl is employed by a bar/club there is at least some possibility of tracing her but then I ask myself who's side the cops would have been on. I did call them but when they turned up the guest register and indeed the receptionist were of no value at all.

Teelack and Jacko you guys have been the most vociferous in urging maximum caution and you have both been drugged and robbed ?? You sure it wasn’t pissed and robbed ?either way i am certain it wasn’t a pleasant experience.Be interested to know how it happened its not easy to drug someone and time it so they are in a convenient place to be robbed,ie room.By the way do you go in Le Pub ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Teelack and Jacko you guys have been the most vociferous in urging maximum caution and you have both been drugged and robbed ?? You sure it wasn’t pissed and robbed ?either way i am certain it wasn’t a pleasant experience.Be interested to know how it happened its not easy to drug someone and time it so they are in a convenient place to be robbed,ie room.By the way do you go in Le Pub ?

It may seem overly scare-mongering but I feel a newbie needs to be aware of the worst that can happen.

You obviously do not know the difference between being pissed and having been drugged, let me tell you it is stark!

In my case a girl I brought to the room slipped something into my drink there.

I am not a regular in Le Pub buy have been there on several occasions, actually I believe you were in there once when I was but we didn't talk. It was a bit of a PT get together.

Teelack,You are undoubtedly an articulate contributor to this forum and for sure have many admirers and followers.So i find it difficult to understand why you felt the need to write a lot of lies and innuendo about my previous contributions.If i am prepared and financially able to pay 4000 +1500 barfine for a beautiful girl to spend the night with me what has it got to do with you ? I suppose i could have said i paid no Barfine and gave the girl a 1000 and gained a few admirers.but i told the truth.When have i said they are “lazy and destructive” and where have i said that you all need to “ bathe dress and groom like me “When have i taken “umbrage at people that question my attitude spending habits or advice” “Is your question about our Slobishness not belittling”It may have been if i had said it but I didn’t.I am surprised that someone like you felt the need to write such a load of garbage.When i contribute on here i do it with the intention to be helpful and truthful,even if that doesn’t fall in with the majority.

Jacko. You mentioned that you wanted to get back to topic. For this reason I have been quiet for a few days but perhaps you will allow me to take umbrage at the above.

To the very best of my knowledge I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A LIE about you and would be pleased to retract it or apologise should that be the case. I have said many times that a mans spending habits are up to themselves but should I wish to express an opinion then its up to me. I am one of the most strident believers that Pattaya is for everyone, and be you well heeled or frugal, you can still have the time of your life here. Please let me and your fellow boardies know when I lied about you.

Yes, I paraphrase (who doesn't) but you did write this "...as i have said before i try to dress well and smell nice I think some of the bad experiences guys have are brought about by their own distrusting behaviour and the belief that everyone is out to rip them off". I am not sure what smelling nice has to do with some guys "Bad experiences" but I guess that you know.

Then you write this."Teelack and Jacko you guys have been the most vociferous in urging maximum caution. I would love to see a single example of me being "Vociferous" which I suggest is a word that you don't understand and should take care when you use it. As someone who almost always goes LT or LLT I need to be extremely trusting or my life would be a misery. Also, both Jacko and I said that our drugged experience was many years ago so perhaps we did in fact learn some lessons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Teelack i quoted quite clearly the things you said that i said that I didn’t say.Your quote count shows that this forum is an important part of your life and i am sure that you have lots of useful information to impart.Maybe vociferous was to stronger word but you were certainly very supportive of what i consider to be over cautious and negative advice.I cannot be bothered to debate this any longer as i have a life to live.I am sure you will gain a few more green ticks because you are better known than me but that doesn’t make your opinions right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Also, both Jacko and I said that our drugged experience was many years ago so perhaps we did in fact learn some lessons.

Some lessons that can of course be passed on.

Another lesson is to put your valuables away. If there is a room safe, use it. It is called advice.

Comments like

I on the other hand never use the safe in my room and don’t hide anything

May well only be comments, and may need further detail which is not forthcoming, but if it is taken as advice, something bad will entail.

My drugging experience was actually in Bangkok, although it happened more recently to a friend here in Pattaya. I still remember the rather amusing tale doing the rounds of girls painting knock out drug onto their nipples to be ingested by soon to be robbed customers!The hiding ladyboy under the bed rifling through pant pockets and of course, the dreaded jet-ski scamming!

Edited by jacko

Teelack i quoted quite clearly the things you said that i said that I didn’t say.Your quote count shows that this forum is an important part of your life and i am sure that you have lots of useful information to impart.Maybe vociferous was to stronger word but you were certainly very supportive of what i consider to be over cautious and negative advice.I cannot be bothered to debate this any longer as i have a life to live.I am sure you will gain a few more green ticks because you are better known than me but that doesn’t make your opinions right.

I can understand you not wanting to debate or indeed substantiate your comments. I would have thought that the offer of a retraction or an apology would have had you drooling. Bugger! Wrong again.

As for the green/red ticks. I am still a long way behind some of the best contributors to this board and right or wrong, I always tend to read their contributions. I will concede that travel in general and Thailand in particular are important parts of my life but that is perhaps why I have totally no interest in social dating or chat sites. If I have anything to say its here and not Twitter etc. Incidentally, if I recall correctly I congratulated one boardie on getting to a significant tick milestone and got some red ticks and flack for that!

I also have a life to live so your not on your own there but being called a liar is somehow important to MY life if not yours. Incidentally, if I do know a few people on the board it is simply because when I am in Pattaya I am always up to meet people at Cherry Bar, bar crawls and the late lamented FLB parties to mention a couple. I have also met people on a one on one basis and there are few people who's company I didn't enjoy. I would simply call this an extension to a circle of friends that this site allows one to make. This is also a part of 'Having a life'.

Finally, whilst you might think that what I do is a waste and that I don't 'have a life' I would point out that I did my thing with fifty years in the work force. I have been married, had kids and a satisfying career. I now have my time in the sun literally with up to 4 months a year in Thailand. I do have the time, the interest and perhaps some ability to string some words together. My trip reports have always been dedicated to the board member who has a few feet of snow outside his home in Canada or where have you, and who dreams of Thailand. That to me and obviously others, is a worthwhile pursuit in my retirement years.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thread closed. I am sure another will be along shortly!

• Upvote 1