Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have a couple of questions about the Mercure hotel just off second Rd if any board members are able to help. I have done a little research online and it appears to be guest friendly but the hotel's own website plays up the family friendly aspect and talks about enhanced facilities for kids. Has anyone stayed there recently and did you feel comfortable bringing back overnight guests?

Second question is more of a geographical one. Is there direct access to both Soi Buakhao and second rd from the hotel?

Thanks in advance

I have a couple of questions about the Mercure hotel just off second Rd if any board members are able to help. I have done a little research online and it appears to be guest friendly but the hotel's own website plays up the family friendly aspect and talks about enhanced facilities for kids. Has anyone stayed there recently and did you feel comfortable bringing back overnight guests?

Second question is more of a geographical one. Is there direct access to both Soi Buakhao and second rd from the hotel?

I often walk by but have never stayed there.

Many coach loads of Asian (both South and East) arrive there.

Access to both Soi Buakhao and Second Road is very easy for pedestrians. To Second Road involves walking through Avenue shopping Mall.

Thanks in advance

Good question, this is where the Expats Club meet so I am there for breakfast once a week. The place has been renovated recently in the lobby and coffee shop area and most definitely the pool area seems to have increased the kids aspect. I have seen a few 'guests' leaving as I arrive in the morning though!

It is on Soi 15, and no way to exit at the rear of the hotel, so you would have to turn right and walk to soi Buakhao about 200m. Second Rd is easier as you can cut through The Avenue,

Google Maps

Edited by jacko

Another route to Buakhao is to turn left out of Mercure, walk about 50 m and take the soi up to Buakhao. That soi can be identified by the NETA Resort sign on the corner.

Edited by forcebwithu

Agree with all above...i often get a massage at the shop opposite mercury on soi 15 early evening, and often watch coach after coach of Asian tourists arriving.

There have been times when my foot massage has been destroyed by a group of Asian/middle eastern guys appearing and proceeding to shout at each other whilst having their massage.

Incidently, one Indian was kicked out of the masage shop a couple of days ago....he was adamant he wanted a happy ending, not on offer, and so when he reached and grabbed the ladies milk she got angry, declared massage finished, and with a couple of the other ladies forcibly encouraged said Indian to pay up, including tip, and leave!

Another route to Buakhao is to turn left out of Mercure, walk about 50 m and take the soi up to Buakhao. That soi can be identified by the NETA Resort sign on the corner.

If it is the one I took on my bike on Friday, the latter part was an assault course... there had been recent rains.

Thanks for the replies Gents. If i choose the Mercure i will share my thoughts ( for what they are worth ) with the board

I think the negative for the place might be that it accommodates groups from China and India, also they allow residents to bring small dogs, which I believe are kept to a particular floor. (That applies normally to weekend visitors from within Thailand). I like the location, although I wonder about noise from the condo construction at the back. That same condo construction has enclosed the pool area somewhat, so pool view rooms are pool and condo wall.

Edited by jacko

I have stayed at the Mercure at least once a year fr a min10 days for the last 10 years. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Patts. The rooms had a refit a couple more of years ago, the beds are massive and in good nick, if there is a downside to the room is a small bathroom and no bath

Location is walking distance to WS and a similar walk to Bukhao and straight through the Avenue to 2nd road and coconut bar. The free baht bus 24/7 towards walking street is a big help.

If you join the Accor members site they have some good deals everyso often. I had already booked room only for about £53 per night back in August for Xmas and received an e mail Octobertime offering bed and breakfast for £47 ( I had already paid so couldn't cancel)

Regards the Indians/Chinese and Ruskies this has changed over the years. A few years ago would get a few Ruskies who are a bit inconsiderate but never any probs. Only ever seen 1 tribe of Indians who insisted on Curry for breakfast and were a bit loud as they didn't control the kids but for 1 day in the 100 or so I've stayed is a minor inconvenience.

The Chinese turn up by the bus load and they tend to turn up in the evening so when they checking in can be a bit of a pain but they seem to use one perspective n to check them all in so other staff available. They disappear 1st thing to go on their tours and if they turn up mid afternoon and use the pool they stick together and no probs.

I always used to have a high floor (6 or 7) at the rear overlooking the pool but started to have a problem with the air con affecting my throat and now there has been a load of building to the rear but not been back since last Xmas so now I always have a high floor at the front and my throats is fine. Although the road in front of the hotel I saw getting busier it's a decent size car park and a high floor regarding noise is fine.

I'm back at the Mercure on the 10th of this month

• Upvote 2

Well in the space of 48 hours the price for my dates went from £45 to £75 to sold out. My second choice The Whisper was also sold out. Whilst the demographic of Pattaya is undoubtedly changing fairly rapidly talk of its demise is still somewhat premature. I sill still take a look round the hotel though as it is sometimes available around the £40 mark and as i have status with Accor would probably get a room upgrade