Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

£287 fare from London in time for Songkran

Actual air time is horrendous though let alone the transit on return sectors

No need to be a Negative Nelly. If it's not for you, it's not for you.

Someone else may choose to take the opportunity for a day in Beijing. It will be warm/hot in June.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/china/beijing

Someone else may choose to take the opportunity for a day in Beijing. It will be warm/hot in June.

Is a visa required and can they be obtained easily on arrival there?

Horses for corses ineed

Im a get on and get off ( not overly concerned on price) so 1 stop flights are off my radar. However, if I was single and uncaring about cost Id look at this and probably take it but upgrade to business

I'm guessing you won't need one. But check in case someone travelling with you is from a country that may need one. Thai partner for instance.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/free-72hour/faq.htm

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/free-transit-24hour.htm

Firstly for anyone with even the slightest interest in Air China or for that matter Any Chinese Mainland airline take google at the reviews about them and pay attention especially to the joy and fun you can have in flight changes in Chinese airports, Oh the joy !! Pay attention to reviews by regular travellers not one-offs

Secondly you can get a Transit Visa at the airport, but unless you can speak a Chinese dialect I would suggest you dont, because by the time you get it youll probably have time to get to the airport entrance after being assaulted by the police and guards and wont have time to take a piss, If you do leave the airport you will be followed. Transit Tourists are considered drug runners.

I would compare Air China to the old 70's and 80's Tarom Romanian airlines.

For a cheap flight try Turkish Airlines. Their service can be surprisingly good

Firstly for anyone with even the slightest interest in Air China or for that matter Any Chinese Mainland airline take google at the reviews about them and pay attention especially to the joy and fun you can have in flight changes in Chinese airports, Oh the joy !! Pay attention to reviews by regular travellers not one-offs

Secondly you can get a Transit Visa at the airport, but unless you can speak a Chinese dialect I would suggest you dont, because by the time you get it youll probably have time to get to the airport entrance after being assaulted by the police and guards and wont have time to take a piss, If you do leave the airport you will be followed. Transit Tourists are considered drug runners.

Didn't we already establish that your experience is some twenty years out of date?

Here is a video review of the first leg;

It doesn't bear any resemblance to your totally out of date description. Likewise the nonsense you posted about getting a transit visa. Utter nonsense.

1223090457.jpg

The point of this deal is that you get to visit Beijing. Perhaps visit the Forbidden City, parts of the Great Wall etc.

What on earth has Turkish Airlines to do with that?

Best you stick to creating strange threads with random pricing no good to anyone.

This is a cheap flight that throws in a day trip to Beijing whilst the weather is warm or even hot.

Some idiot with a ruddy great back-pack on getting in the way!

Just what you need before the trip even starts! :D