Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flipper soi7 booked by my friend for our upcoming trip April

2018 , neither of us stayed there Im looking for people that have stayed with any relative information that may be of use to me - Thanks guys

Curious why you booked so far out?

Do you think rooms will be short supply during that time frame?

I have stayed at both Flippers on Soi 7 and Soi 8....nothing special about either except that Soi 8 Flipper is noisy as fuck if you get a room facing the street...Soi 7 not as bad but booking that far out avoid a room facing the street.

I always made Flipper a part of my earliest holidays........Nice pool on the roof. Can sit out with the girl from the night before and have a bite.... watching the para-gliders in the Bay get their 90 seconds in the air.

Right in the middle of loads of bars I used to go out have fun but not get serious about choosing a girl until I was practically back in Flipper.

Have a great time and let us know how it goes.

Edited by atlas2

In the early years i was a very regular visitor to Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. Tried Flipper House once for a change but went back to the Lodge on subsequent trips. At the time there wasn't much between them in terms of facilities but i was known by several of the staff in the lodge at the time and that made for a better overall stay

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at Flipper House in November last year. I like the fact that breakfast is available up till 12 noon, so you can have a lie-in and still be in time for the free breakfast. It's a standard buffet, as good as anywhere else. The rooftop pool area is really nice. Lots of sunbeds. Permanent staff available for drinks or snacks. The location is OK. Pig & Whistle restaurant is just down the road. Only a 10 minute walk to Central shopping mall. Only about 10 minute walk to Soi Buakhao. A bit further to Walking Street, but Beach Road is just at the foot of Soi7 so quite convenient. Lots of bars in Soi7 and Soi8. Room was OK, nothing special, but just as good as lots of other places I've stayed in. Service staff efficient and friendly (called me Papa).