Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BA Business class

Well this bloke didnt think much of BA's business class on their A380

Seems like they treat all passengers with utter contempt now

Edited by Goldpanner

Not surprised, it's shit.

I was chatting today to a very attractive young lady sorting out our (currently fucked) Comms systems. She has just flown in from Hong kong on BA Business and complained that there were fresh red wine stains down the side panel under the window. The staff made a note and managed to get around to attempting to clean it 2 hours into the journey and a second complaint.

She's now going to book Cathay for the next trip after my suggestion. I hope it is good because my next contract depends on it!.

Well that and having to use old 777's to and from Bangkok, and the timings that don't really suit someone wanting to get a shuttle from Heathrow are unlikely to get me off the Emirates A380.

The seat and facilities doesn't look very good and, even though it is vegetarian, what a crappy meal.

A shame really, as getting the whole ride over with in one step, like Thai and Eva, offer is attractive, and the transfer in T5 to domestic is easy.

Fallen a long way has the old Club World, while the competition strives and improves its offerings.

I wonder what price he paid relative to other carriers.... you get an impression so many corner are cut here that it is circular.

Even the puff-pouch is crappy.

Edited by jacko

Despite the declining service huge numbers of people continue to use BA. I have flown BA business to Bangkok a couple of times in recent years but only using avios / upgrade vouchers ( and even then the taxes and charges were not far short of £600 ) but would only spend hard cash if they were at least £300 cheaper than EVA

Despite the declining service huge numbers of people continue to use BA. I have flown BA business to Bangkok a couple of times in recent years but only using avios / upgrade vouchers ( and even then the taxes and charges were not far short of £600 ) but would only spend hard cash if they were at least £300 cheaper than EVA

Hi,

Do you fly EVA Laurel?, if so how do you rate it in comparison to other Biz class products on the same route?.

Hi,

Do you fly EVA Laurel?, if so how do you rate it in comparison to other Biz class products on the same route?.

Yes. I personally think that the 1 2 1 layout on EVA is pretty much unbeatable and probably as good as first on BA ( although the BA lounges are better ). I would definitely choose it over business on the Emirates A380 where the seats are quite narrow and it can take an age to get served if you are seated near the back. Its been a few years since i flew business class on Thai so i don't feel qualified to give a comparison with them. Flying from the UK EVA have got more expensive in recent years but you can still find fares of around £1800 when they have a sale on. Anything up to £2k would be decent value although i personally don't like to pay more than that for biz to Thailand. If there is a downside to flying EVA its that i don't like the day flight back. If BA, EVA and THAI were the same price i would choose EVA although i would like to give THAI another go at some point as it has been five years since i flew business with them

• Upvote 1

I have flown BA Club Class 4 times now. The planes looking a bit shabby along with the flight crew, but on the whole it was OK. Plenty to drink and food not bad. Not worth the money though really. Its nice to stretch out though for a sleep with a constant supply of JDs, but then you can do that in any Business Class But I got mine through BA staff staff travel and therefore cannot complain.

I have flown BA Club Class 4 times now. The planes looking a bit shabby along with the flight crew, but on the whole it was OK. Plenty to drink and food not bad. Not worth the money though really. Its nice to stretch out though for a sleep with a constant supply of JDs, but then you can do that in any Business Class But I got mine through BA staff staff travel and therefore cannot complain.

Shame really GE because the BA times for their direct service , leaving UK at around 15:00 seems to be actually quite good, plus the return leg of 11:15 to around 17:30 is also favourable.

I had considered them in the past but even my parents refuse to fly them now out to Cape Town ,preferring Virgin biz.

Just booked EVA Laurel in mid Feb 2018 for £1900, had to change my original dates by 1 or 2 days but saved £600 by doing so. Did BA once NEVER again. Just wish they would drop British from their name as its an embarrassment to our country.

• Upvote 1

BA Club world was ground breaking when first introduced. The first fully flat bed seats in business class but in the intervening fifteen years others have caught up and surpassed them.

From next year they are rolling out a revamped CW with aisle access for all seats. The window seats are excellent once the meal service is over but only bulkhead seats have aisle access without climbing over someones legs presently. The schoolboy in me loves the fact that these face backwards.

The old aircraft and brow beaten Mixed Fleet crew on the BKK route dont help plus on the return journey service can be below par as many of the crew are hungover after a night in Bangkok, its known as the party plane by staff.

BA are generally not the cheapest but ExEU tickets can be very good especially at busy times of the year. Tomorrow Im flying to Bangkok on BA from AMS on a ticket that cost £1400 including the positioning flight. When I booked BA direct were already over £3000 and no direct flights were available for under £2200. Messing around flying to Amsterdam and back wouldnt suit everyone but Im talking an early flight out there and popping into the city for lunch. I treat this as part of my holiday and any man that cant enjoy a few hours in Amsterdam? Well Id worry if I was him.

Lounges at Heathrow T5 are pretty good but can get busy so if you are after peace and quiet try the one at T5B which is usually quieter. If you are not flying from B theres an underground passageway to get back to other parts of the terminal, dont use the transit as it will only take you to immigration and exits from there.

One thing I couldnt get my head round at first was the fact that they charge for seat selection even in business. If you fly often enough to obtain silver in their FF club this becomes free at time of booking and a week before departure if you are bronze.

The only time Ive ever flown Business or First was when we were going to do a gig overseas and the venue was paying. Other than that I would never waste my money.

For flights to Bangkok I always fly cattle class, stay awake for the first 4 or 5 hours then drop a Zopiclone pill and sleep like the dead until woken for breakfast.

I sometimes even get recognised if there are some old farts around. :lol: Even Les Les McKeown flies economy, Bumped into him before.

I try not to do anything now that will increase BA's profits by even 1 Penny.

They are scum who derided and misstreat Economy passenger whilst trying to keep up the fallacy of them being a superb Business and First class service. They arent.

I've turned down a free BA flight to the US for the Country Music Gig next year

Edited by Goldpanner
  • Upvote 1

Flew BA business return one year probably 8 years ago when my insurance was paying, as they were the only flat bed on offer. And even then I thought the product was awful. The thought of sitting facing backwards makes me feel travel sick without even travelling!

• Upvote 1

I will repeat my comment to the stewardess I made flying my last Club World jaunt.

"I didn't realise 'shrimp salad' meant a shrimp and salad!"....

I was up-graded to BA Business Sydney/London...........It was heaven.

Yes, the fruit is much sweeter when you don't pay for it.

• Upvote 1

Goldpanner you really dont like BA do you :D

No sir I do not. Maybe if they got rid of that whining little Irish prick Walsh and actually became honest and obeyed CAA rules and regulations I might reconsider.

Ive still not got over them dumping Concord. Bastards!.

• Upvote 1

Due to disruption with fog in Europe this week I was rerouted and ended up flying KLM business class instead so got a chance to compare them with BA.

Apart from the champagne is available for self service and there is a smoking area at KLM's schiphol lounge BA's T5 lounges are superior IMHO.

Wasn't impressed with the seating and lack of privacy for all seats on KLM at least BA have the window ones.

First meal service was pretty good, probably better than any BA meal I've had but then they served up an inedible breakfast that would not have been enough to eat if I had been willing to eat it.

Staff were absolutely fantastic better than the hungover BA ones on the BKK route. On other routes I've had wonderful service from BA staff too.

Flights to BKK are widely available for £1699 in the recently announced BA premium sale for April, May and June 2018. The product may be much maligned but for regular BA flyers ( especially those with status who can take advantage of advance seat selection and earn avios / tier points ) its got to be worth a serious look. I understand from another member that EVA have also announced a flash sale so you obviously need to compare prices on your proposed dates.

Flights to BKK are widely available for £1699 in the recently announced BA premium sale for April, May and June 2018. The product may be much maligned but for regular BA flyers ( especially those with status who can take advantage of advance seat selection and earn avios / tier points ) its got to be worth a serious look. I understand from another member that EVA have also announced a flash sale so you obviously need to compare prices on your proposed dates.

I always compare prices but never include Business or First and NEVER BA, even if they halved their fare. I always fly cattle class. I know my place !! :P

BA are despicable lying scumbag bastards

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend was on the BA flight to Thailand and the flight attendant told him that as part of the in flight emergency procedure he would have to put his head down between his knees, he replied," If I could do that,then I wouldn't be going to Bangkok" :bhappy

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

For board members based in Holland / Begium or for UK members who are prepared to position themselves in Amsterdam you can get BA business class return from Amsterdam to Bangkok via Heathrow in Business class for 1349 euros if you book by Sunday. Availability appeared to be pretty wide open throughout 2018.

If you want to get off at Heathrow and not have to take the final leg back to Amsterdam the advice appears to be either to do hand luggage only or to book the final sector from Gatwick so that you get to pick up hold luggage at Heathrow. If you did this too many times BA might cotton on but it is probably good for a couple of trips.

Flew with BA once in 2014 and wasn't impressed at all so wouldn't fly with them again.

For board members based in Holland / Begium or for UK members who are prepared to position themselves in Amsterdam you can get BA business class return from Amsterdam to Bangkok via Heathrow in Business class for 1349 euros if you book by Sunday. Availability appeared to be pretty wide open throughout 2018.

If you want to get off at Heathrow and not have to take the final leg back to Amsterdam the advice appears to be either to do hand luggage only or to book the final sector from Gatwick so that you get to pick up hold luggage at Heathrow. If you did this too many times BA might cotton on but it is probably good for a couple of trips.

Look out for offers and these tickets can be had for 1100

• Upvote 1