Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Qatar 15% off untill 15 Jan

Not a bad deal but Skyscanner wins Hands down

"To redeem this offer, simply enter promotional code FLYMOREQR when booking on qatarairways.com and start packing your bags. Don't wait until it's gone.
This special offer ends 15 January 2018 and is valid for travel before 31 March 2018 only.*"

Using the above code I tried 2 weeks in March and it came out to £450.21

BUT

Skyscanner showing Traveltrolley price for Qatar at £412 for above dates.

HOWEVER, Curiously I just tried outbound on 10 April back on 26 April using that code and it came out at £453.21 ???

Skyscanner showing Emirates at £398 and Qatar at £415 for the April dates.

Could we be in for a little price war here Hmmmmmm

Edited by Goldpanner

And that offer is only available from Heathrow.....

Its where us posh people fly from :rolleyes:

But what with all the kerfuffle about that poor girl getting 3 years for taking painkillers to her boyfriend I wont be travelling with a raghead airline any more as I have to carry medication thats totally banned there and in most raghead countrie's. And yes I know it was Egypt and not Dubai but Dubai regs are even stricter than Egypt. I know I can get a list from My doctor but for other reasons I dont want him knowing where and when I travel

So its either Eva or Thai for me. Though SIA fares are rather good via Singapore.

Edited by Goldpanner

But what with all the kerfuffle about that poor girl getting 3 years for taking painkillers to her boyfriend I wont be travelling with a raghead airline any more as I have to carry medication thats totally banned there and in most raghead countrie's. And yes I know it was Egypt and not Dubai but Dubai regs are even stricter than Egypt. I know I can get a list from My doctor but for other reasons I dont want him knowing where and when I travel

So its either Eva or Thai for me. Though SIA fares are rather good via Singapore.

Perhaps if that "poor girl" had obtained prior permission to import them, and had a prescription for them then she might not have got into so much trouble....But she was carrying a large quantity tablets that had not been prescribed to her, or her husband, and had no prior permission to import a drug that is a controlled substance in Egypt.....

Edited by TheFiend
  • Downvote 1

Its where us posh people fly from :rolleyes:

Ha ha!!!

I live in a beautiful part of the country, the Lake District is on my doorstep..... Would I swap that for the London metropolis or Southern England? No way!!!!

Agree sky scanner wins

Flight booked for 15th March return 1st April, book direct with Qatar £460, sky scanner £385

Departing from Edinburgh

Ha ha!!!

I live in a beautiful part of the country, the Lake District is on my doorstep..... Would I swap that for the London metropolis or Southern England? No way!!!!

Have you ever visited Hampshire or Wiltshire with the wonderfull New Forest on our doorsteps and the quite wild coastline?. Salisbury Plains to our North, the Cotswolds close by and then Devon and Cornwall??

I lived in Manchester, Oldham and Saddleworth for a few years and wild horses couldnt drag me back to those shitholes. And Liverpool? I went there just once for a day and night and to me the place was a horror story, apart from the fact I couldnt understand a word the locals were saying !! ;)

London itself isnt a particularly nice place, its a Business city, a Government city and a Historic Tourist city, but you dont have to travel far out of London to find some realy nice places.

But for me London is HIstory. Go to Tower Hill, on one side of you theres the old 2000 year old London Wall, turn around and theres the Tower of London, walk along westwards and you hit The Monument then St Pauls, Fleet street etc etc etc.

The first time I took my wife in London she was gobsmacked when we did that walk, so much history in such a small area, but then we hop on a train and in an hour were back out in open country with wild deer and wild horse wandering around, with the nightly barking of foxes and hooting of Owls.

The lake district is fine in winter but in summer, with the roads full of fecking tourists? no thanks.

But I'm not one for mountains and hills and things, they dont impress me.

Perhaps if that "poor girl" had obtained prior permission to import them, and had a prescription for them then she might not have got into so much trouble....But she was carrying a large quantity tablets that had not been prescribed to her, or her husband, and had no prior permission to import a drug that is a controlled substance in Egypt.....

In court, Plummer's lawyers argued the drug was not listed as illegal in the UK travel advisory.
The UK's decision to add a warning against carrying tramadol while traveling to Egypt was issued in November -- a month after the arrest.
"For someone to be found guilty of drug smuggling they have to be aware that they are possessing narcotics," Plummer's lawyer, Mohamed Othman, told Reuters.
"Laura did not know that what she was carrying was a narcotic. This is pursuant to that tramadol 50mg is a painkiller in her country, England. When she brought the tramadol, she believed it was a painkiller."
Tramadol is also easily bought over the Internet. That she got 3 years is indicative of the retrogressive situation Egypt is slipping into.
And in another part of the crumbling Raghead world:
Brit dad battling cancer trapped in Dubai after being arrested 'for carrying too many prescription pills 'Perry Coppins, 61, a maritime security officer from Nottingham, was said to have told authorities in the UAE he needed enough pills to last him for his six-month voyage at seaIt has been claimed he was jailed for five weeks before his first court appearance and denied medicine in jail as his psychological condition deteriorated.London-based justice group Detained in Dubai have tonight said he has now been bailed - but has been stuck in Dubai after his passport had been confiscated.Chief executive Radha Stirling said Mr Coppins had been diagnosed with prostate cancer since the arrest but was being denied medication and treatment.She claimed this has led to Mr Coppins losing 20kg and suffering hallucinations, pain, stress and blindness.He has lost his job, is unable to work and earn money, and is at risk of becoming homeless as he waits up to 18 months for the court process to finish, Ms Stirling said.

I would suggest that anyone on any form of medication do not use any raghead airlines now. The possibility of jail time due to a total misunderstanding of peoples medication along with the muslims hate of non-muslims is very high. One only has to look at one episode of "Ultimate Airport Dubai" to see some of the retards in authority there. I found it amazingly scary.

I will never ever fly on an Arab airline again due to the Medication I have to take with me, all of which is banned in all the raghead countries.

Edited by Goldpanner

Have you ever visited Hampshire or Wiltshire with the wonderfull New Forest on our doorsteps and the quite wild coastline?. Salisbury Plains to our North, the Cotswolds close by and then Devon and Cornwall??

I lived in Manchester, Oldham and Saddleworth for a few years and wild horses couldnt drag me back to those shitholes. And Liverpool? I went there just once for a day and night and to me the place was a horror story, apart from the fact I couldnt understand a word the locals were saying !! ;)

London itself isnt a particularly nice place, its a Business city, a Government city and a Historic Tourist city, but you dont have to travel far out of London to find some realy nice places.

But for me London is HIstory. Go to Tower Hill, on one side of you theres the old 2000 year old London Wall, turn around and theres the Tower of London, walk along westwards and you hit The Monument then St Pauls, Fleet street etc etc etc.

The first time I took my wife in London she was gobsmacked when we did that walk, so much history in such a small area, but then we hop on a train and in an hour were back out in open country with wild deer and wild horse wandering around, with the nightly barking of foxes and hooting of Owls.

The lake district is fine in winter but in summer, with the roads full of fecking tourists? no thanks.

But I'm not one for mountains and hills and things, they dont impress me.

I've traveled around the UK from as far north as Inverness to as far south as Penzance.... yes, I have visited quite a lot of places...... and I lived on the outskirts of Manchester for a while whilst I was at uni... Would I live anywhere else than Cumbria? No chance....... Mrs Fiend loves the beauty of the Lake District, in summer and in winter. She especially loves the sight of snow on the mountains....

London.... that's full of fecking tourists too!!! And the traffic... the traffic in London is a fecking joke. I've driven a coach tours into and around London many times - my brother had a coach company, I would help him if needed.

From where I live I've got a choice of airports.... Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh offering flights to the Middle East and onwards to Bangkok, I've flown via Heathrow before and would never do it again!!! It's not a problem for me that there's no direct flights, I much prefer having a break mid journey, rather than being cramped on a plane for 12 hours....

Edited by TheFiend

I would suggest that anyone on any form of medication do not use any raghead airlines now. The possibility of jail time due to a total misunderstanding of peoples medication along with the muslims hate of non-muslims is very high. One only has to look at one episode of "Ultimate Airport Dubai" to see some of the retards in authority there. I found it amazingly scary.

I will never ever fly on an Arab airline again due to the Medication I have to take with me, all of which is banned in all the raghead countries.

Why do you keep insisting on blaming all "raghead" airlines for people been arrested for having the wrong medication in that/certain Arab country?

Its the Customs and Immigration departments of Arab countries that are detaining these people. What the fuck do the airlines have to do with this?

Think you need to work on that racist attitude of yours!!!

• Upvote 1

What is happening with the middle eastern airlines?

I have had medicine in my suitcase and gone through there - was I just lucky?

Which medicines are prohibited?

Strange that it not mentioned by the travel agencies/webpages selling tickets.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

I've never had a problem carrying painkillers whilst traveling through the Middle Eastern hubs.... But a quick google search would come up with a list of prohibited medicines for places you are unsure about...

To be honest I agree with The Fiend, that this woman was stupid to try and smuggle all this medication into a Middle East country. It wasn't hers, it was not prescribed to her and she was bringing it for a friend .Anybody with a bit of sense would understand this was a risk, and she should have some knowledge how countries like this work. It is black and white for them and they believe in severe punishment. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

If the UK travel advisory is wrong that is not the fault of the Egyptian authorities.

I hope she will be released.

I would use more temperate language than Goldpanner but i have to confess that i am still slightly apprehensive about transiting in the middle East. As i don't live a million miles away from Heathrow i am fortunate to have a wide choice of direct non stop flights to Thailand and elsewhere and consequently have only traveled via the middle east on four occasions over the past 30 years. My two flights via Dubai on Emirates were separated by more than 20 years but the transit experience on both was not especially pleasant. My one experience with Qatar was fine as was my most recent flight on Gulf but i have to confess that i went straight from plane to executive lounge and back to the plane. I know its their country and their rules but their rules and way of life are so different to mine that it would be very easy for a westerner to fall foul of them and get into trouble

Edited by neilri2001

I would use more temperate language than Goldpanner but i have to confess that i am still slightly apprehensive about transiting in the middle East. As i don't live a million miles away from Heathrow i am fortunate to have a wide choice of direct non stop flights to Thailand and elsewhere and consequently have only traveled via the middle east on four occasions over the past 30 years. My two flights via Dubai on Emirates were separated by more than 20 years but the transit experience on both was not especially pleasant. My one experience with Qatar was fine as was my most recent flight on Gulf but i have to confess that i went straight from plane to executive lounge and back to the plane. I know its their country and their rules but their rules and way of life are so different to mine that it would be very easy for a westerner to fall foul of them and get into trouble

I have no qualms about transiting via the middle east, and have never had a bad experience when going through security...... Can't say the same about Manchester as I seem to get regularly pulled up for a bag search on my way to departures... :angry2:

I have no qualms about transiting via the middle east, and have never had a bad experience when going through security...... Can't say the same about Manchester as I seem to get regularly pulled up for a bag search on my way to departures... :ang2:

On the way to departures?

You mean after main security and before the gate?

I have never had any extra search.

On the way to departures?

You mean after main security and before the gate?

I have never had any extra search.

Main security....... My carry-on luggage always seems to be a magnet for swabbing..... Yes, I know I am a dodgy looking character!!!!.

Main security....... My carry-on luggage always seems to be a magnet for swabbing..... Yes, I know I am a dodgy looking character!!!!.

Manchester security is pretty intense.

Some people's bags get selected for search after they are X-Rayed which is perhaps what you mean, Bit of a nuisance when your pants are falling down, you have no shoes on and the laptop has gone missing. I often still have some scrap of metal in my pocket I forget!

You are right, you are dodgy looking, but I would expect the family man look would get you through unmolested.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you keep insisting on blaming all "raghead" airlines for people been arrested for having the wrong medication in that/certain Arab country?

Its the Customs and Immigration departments of Arab countries that are detaining these people. What the fuck do the airlines have to do with this?

Think you need to work on that racist attitude of yours!!!

I'm pretty sure that the customs officers are not making up rules to detain people either. If the laws of a country say it is illegal to have in your possession the amount of medication you need for six months and you ignore this who's fault is it?

Goldpanner has absolutely no need to work on his racist attitude, I reckon he has perfected it.