Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Anyone else having problems with Firefox?

I think it updated the other day, since then it won't load flash for some reason, yet I've got the latest flash installed.

It works fine with the forum, but other websites it becoming a pain in the arse. I running through a separate VPN as well.

any ideas welcomed and virtual beer in advance (followed by a real one if we ever meet :) )

**Edit in

For some reason the forum seems slow when I post a new topic as well, not sure if it is my end though. I will switch to IE for a couple of hours to see if it makes any difference.

Edited by Butch

I've just downgraded to Firefox 56.0.2 after I suffered an automatic update..... didn't like the new style bookmark icons in the latest release as they changed to grey bookmark folders...... I've also turned off the automatic update...

Try uninstalling and then a new install with an earlier version and see if that helps......

Yes I have had problems with their new version and playing Flash.

Some sites ask me if Flash can be opened and it will work. Facebook is problematic playing videos, especially when contained in 3rd party site, like Thai Visa. It is all about Firefox blocking Flash to some extent as it 'slows things down'....

I recently had a site telling me to update Flash, (although it is up to date) and then try to load some nasties!

Oh and a UKTV streaming site refuses to work so I use Chrome.

I use firefox and chrome as browsers on my PC and I'll admit I prefer using firefox. I avoid using IE unless I really have to....I try to avoid updating firefox until I really have to...

I'm running Chrome and haven't had any problem's, but I do have problems every time Windows 10 wants to update, they change all kinds of shit, and it can't be returned to normal, unless you delete the latest version, and re load an earlier version of Windows 10, reminds me of the days playing W.O.W., and every Monday, they would upload updates and patches for the game, and it took 2 days for everything to get worked out by the players ! Microsoft Sux !!

Anyone know how to turn off the "automatic photo's app " so it quits automatically making folders of all the pictures I download every week.. I want to make my own, but have over 1200 folders that Microsoft has created, " For My Viewing Pleasure !!" I'm sure they are being stored on a "Cloud", somewhere ! AND we all know clouds are hack able, I would prefer not to share my personal pictures with the world, and YES, some of them are racy ! HA! HA! HA!

Thankx in Advance for any imput.

Hi,

Firefox don't seem to like Flash. I can't even watch The Opening Show unless I enable Flash.

Flash is disabled by default in Firefox because Mozilla considers Flash to be a security risk. Firefox recently underwent a big revision that caused a lot of incompatibilities with various software programs, including Invision. It usually gets straightened out in a few days. For a couple of days, the board wasn't letting me post more than one pic at a time, no matter what browser I used. Flash was the culprit, but it sorted itself.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Flash is disabled by default in Firefox because Mozilla considers Flash to be a security risk. Firefox recently underwent a big revision that caused a lot of incompatibilities with various software programs, including Invision. It usually gets straightened out in a few days. For a couple of days, the board wasn't letting me post more than one pic at a time, no matter what browser I used. Flash was the culprit, but it sorted itself.

Evil

:devil

Its not just Mozilla that considers Flash to be a security risk, just that they are the first to do something about it. Eventually Flash will fall by the wayside.

• Upvote 1

Its not just Mozilla that considers Flash to be a security risk, just that they are the first to do something about it. Eventually Flash will fall by the wayside.

I know that when I am prompted to update Flash Player, which I do, I usually have to do it again the next day as if they get it wrong the first time.

Maybe I give up too easy. I have uninstalled Firefox and am using Chrome and Opera. This combination is working very well for me. I am using a D-Link WiFi camera with Chrome. The camera doesn't work with Firefox,Safari, Edge or Opera. (D-Link hardware sucks). I have Chrome as default and use Opera for all my surfing. I also have a D-Link DNR 202L. It is supposed to work with an external hard drive and it does record. The problem is that I can't view the .DB files. I get the message the DNR not compatible with Firefox, Chrome, IE Edge, Safari or Opera. That recorder is a piece of shit and the camera isn't that good either.

The last couple of versions of Firefrox, 57 and 58 (the current version) have worked very well. Firefrox has been completely re-written in a programming language called, Rust. Many of the plugins no longer work, but that will change as they are updated.

If you prefer the older Firefox interface, as I do, you might like Pale Moon. All the older Firefox plugins work, including Flash.

I've been using it as my default browser for many months and it has worked flawlessly on every site I've visited, except Nefflix. For that I use Firefox.

https://www.palemoon.org/

Edited by Samsonite

The last couple of versions of Firefrox, 57 and 58 (the current version) have worked very well. Firefrox has been completely re-written in a programming language called, Rust. Many of the plugins no longer work, but that will change as they are updated.

If you prefer the older Firefox interface, as I do, you might like Pale Moon. All the older Firefox plugins work, including Flash.

I've been using it as my default browser for many months and it has worked flawlessly on every site I've visited, except Nefflix. For that I use Firefox.

https://www.palemoon.org/

Since I have been grabbing at straws trying to view my D-Link camera system recorder, I decided to try Pale Moon. Eureka! That is the only browser that works for D-Link crap software.

Samsonite, thanks for the link. I actually uninstalled Chrome. Now it is Pale Moon for default and Opera for browsing.

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...
50 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cant log in using Firefox have to use Chrome

I can log in with Firefox.

2 hours ago, jacko said:

I can log in with Firefox.

I have been using Chrome as my default browser for quite some time. It started freezing after the latest update. I was going to change to Firefox but decided to download the latest Opera. It is working like a charm. I had one minor problem with Opera not working to view some videos. Opera has a built in ad blocker that was blocking those videos. I disabled it and am using AdBlock Plus. I am surprised how well Opera is working. It is now my default browser. It is faster than Chrome or Firefox.

5 hours ago, Gary said:

I am surprised how well Opera is working. It is now my default browser. It is faster than Chrome or Firefox.

Same same for me.  Opera is better for me than Chrome or Firefox.

Evil

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Same same for me.  Opera is better for me than Chrome or Firefox.

Evil

Opera in name only.

The company split apart several years ago and one of the founders went on his own and started Vivaldi with the goal of making it as similar to the original Opera as possible.

Unfortunately, both Vivaldi and the "new" Opera are chrome clones, i.e., they are based on google's development engine known as chromium.

The "new" Opera eventually sold itself to some Chinese outfit. I'll never use it again and I don't trust Vivaldi as I don't trust anything associated with Google.

Edit in: Just logged on with Firefox. No problem. Looks better in Firefox than it did in Vivaldi.

Edited by Samsonite

I'm not a big fan of Chinese products but I am a Xiaomi fan. I use what works best for me. When my wife's Samsung S5 died, I too was looking at new phones. My trusty old Nokia was working and still works fine but the tiny screen and my old eyes no longer work well together. After a lot of research, I bought her a top of the line Xiaomi. I bought a top of the line because she uses all that social crap and uses the speaker while she is cooking or doing something that keeps her hands busy. I had thought that when the S5 came back from the shop, I'd get the Xiaomi. I ended up with the S5 because she says her Xiaomi is faster, better, has a great camera and speaker. When the S5 died AGAIN, I bought myself a mid range Xiaomi. Mine is a pure Android and has none of the junk apps that manufacturers put on their phones. Since her phone is so heavily used, I had thought it wouldn't last very long. Both our phones are still working like new. No more crazy expensive phones for me. Xiaomi gives the biggest bang for the baht.

It is the same for Internet browsers, I use whichever one works best for me. I too tried Vivaldi and didn't much like it. I have tried all the top browsers, even Safari and Opera suits me just fine.

From an article in The New York Post,

......First in 2015 and then again in June 2017, the party declared that all Chinese companies must collaborate in gathering intelligence.

“All organizations and citizens,” reads Article 7 of China’s National Intelligence Law, “must support, assist with, and collaborate in national intelligence work, and guard the national intelligence work secrets they are privy to.”........

https://nypost.com/2018/12/22/how-arrest-of-chinese-princess-exposes-regimes-world-domination-plot/

From,  https://opensource.com/article/18/12/top-security-advice

....Another story that won't go away is hardware. Bloomberg Businessweek published a much-disputed story suggesting that a Chinese military agency convinced or forced Supermicro to insert tiny chips on motherboards for companies such as Apple and Amazon. Whether the story is true or not, it has opened people's minds to the realisation that we have less control over the supply chain than we thought we did. Alongside that was another realisation: chip-related security issues such as Meltdown and Spectre, which were revealed at the very beginning of January, are likely to be joined by a never-ending set of similar or related vulnerabilities that the average user has little capability to mitigate.....