Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sky bar at serene Hotel beach rd soi 10

I ate twice here on my most recent trip. Great views over beach rd. Ok its not in the same league as the Sky bar at the Hilton but neither are the prices. Thai and farang menu although i only ate from the Thai one.Many main courses were around the 150 baht mark going up to 350 to 400 baht for whole fish dishes. A bit of an undiscovered gem i think as it was very quiet on both of my visits. If you stay in the hotel breakfast is also taken here. I took a look at one of the rooms but they were too small for my liking

Went to Hilton lovely veiws food okay but not worth the money

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Isn't there a 2 for one happy hour for cocktails that makes it a bit more agreeable?

Personally a bottle of krug champers at 32,500 baht would be my choice!

I find it hard to believe the average person couldn't afford lunch or dinner at the Hilton, once in a while. So what if it's expensive?

They can't afford it, or can use the money better elsewhere!

I find it hard to believe the average person couldn't afford lunch or dinner at the Hilton, once in a while. So what if it's expensive?

I stay at Hilton's all over the world and have been to the Sky bar at Hilton Pattaya. I just felt that, in common with many sky bars in Bangkok , it's not particularly good value for money. The Sky bar at Serene gives you a great view at a more modest price

They can't afford it, or can use the money better elsewhere!

Maybe, but still...

One of my friends is getting ready to take a there or four week vacation. He does that once a year. But here still insists on pinching pennies. For example, there's a good restaurant I told him he should try, but he seems to think the place is "too expensive," so he'll probably eat elsewhere, even though he'll only save $20 or so. If you're on vacation, why not spend the extra $20 an have a good time? You're already spending a bunch to be there anyway. I think all his relatives will be enjoying his money when he dies.

Isn't there a 2 for one happy hour for cocktails that makes it a bit more agreeable?

Personally a bottle of krug champers at 32,500 baht would be my choice!

Tight bugger. Methuselah or nothing.

I've had the buffet at the Hilton a couple of times, not too bad but nothing on the Mantra equivalent. They used to do a free flow wine package for around 1300 baht pp which I thought offered good value again, especially if you can neck a fair bit of wine. I'm not sure if it is still an option though.

Has anyone tried the bar on the 34th floor?.

Tight bugger. Methuselah or nothing.

I've had the buffet at the Hilton a couple of times, not too bad but nothing on the Mantra equivalent. They used to do a free flow wine package for around 1300 baht pp which I thought offered good value again, especially if you can neck a fair bit of wine. I'm not sure if it is still an option though.

Has anyone tried the bar on the 34th floor?.

Surprised someone mentioned the Mantra another rip off place for tourists

Surprised someone mentioned the Mantra another rip off place for tourists

Because it's expensive doesn't make it a rip off. I know several ex pats who eat there at the Sunday brunch. Certainly better value than the Hilton equivalent.