Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I thought I clicked a green "like" but instead hit the red button,so erasing the "like" and reducing the count to zero when it should be +2. Sorry A2!

Now that's 'Tragic'....... :cry1

Edited by atlas2

I must accept the criticism .......... I hadn't thought the accent was that impenetrable.

In my defence up until adulthood my life was spent in the area of Marylebone that had previously been known for the, 'fever dens' of Charles Street... (33 houses with single room tenements and a population of 423 )......Apparently numbers 1..2....3 and others had 'Soil' (ie shit) 5 feet in depth under the floors of the overcrowded addresses... A feared source for Typhus outbreaks.

Charles Street was also where Eliza Armstrong a 13 year old girl was sold for a, 'deep sea diver'...(fiver), to a brothel keeper.

.....George Bernard Shaw used the public outcry as a recognisably depraved and squalid home for Eliza Doolittle in his stage play Pygmalion.....('My Fair Lady' to Americans and Aussies)....Making the challenge of her transition to 'duchess' all the more bleeding remarkable.

Giving the neighbourhood a bad reputation and smell.....'Charles Street' changed it's name to Ranston Street. My Nan lived there from the turn of the century......

Although not so bad an area in the 50s and 60s......I come from a place originally known for crime, moral degradation, drunkenness and prostitution.

......How I ended up in Pattaya I'll never know!

The element of my part of London that, despite some changes for the better had hardly altered since the 1880s was the local accent I grew-up imbibing.

This is a long-winded way of saying.....that to me Mike Reid's accent seems, if a little over pronounced....(pun intended) not so odd.

Perhaps if I'd found a good joke told by Dick van Dyke in an authentic cockney accent it might not have garnered such criticism.

Consider it a lesson learned.......I can tell you that for nuffink nothing.

I shall try to do better.

Edited by atlas2

Don't worry too much Mate. Some of my better friends in Australia (and overseas)speak much the same language, and I hardly ever know what they are saying. I just smile and agree.... Maybe that is why they are still friends.