Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai swap aircraft on LHR route

From February the fabulous A350 is being replaced on TG916/7 with the 777/300ER, well that didn't last long did it?

From TG Facebook I was informed the airline needed more Premium seats on the LHR route, according to SeatGuru the 777 has 42 Business class against 32 on the A350.

I should be OK to get the 350 on 917 and the 380 on 910 this next trip in around 3 weeks time, I have not booked yet but looking around £635.

• Upvote 1

For the sake of 10 seats that's a lot of mucking around, but I guess if they're full every trip then that will add up in a short space of time, but I thought the A350 was more economical than the 777?.

It's a shame as you say, sometimes I wish Thai would make their minds up.

For the sake of 10 seats that's a lot of mucking around, but I guess if they're full every trip then that will add up in a short space of time, but I thought the A350 was more economical than the 777?.

It's a shame as you say, sometimes I wish Thai would make their minds up.

I would imagine that there is also more hold/cargo space on a 777 over a 350.

not to burst bubbles here the pleasure of the 777-300er is

that the economy seats are 2" smaller pitch is less than 18 degrees

leg room is nonexistent i now no why kids cry in car seats although

i think car seats have better padding this was sfo to nrt only 9 hours

:allright my condolences to you all. almost forgot i had to turn carry on sideways to get down

the isle in business class it is 18-14-10 inches :eyecrazy

I would imagine that there is also more hold/cargo space on a 777 over a 350.

Yep you're right, hadn't considered that it's probably got a fair bit to do with it as well. Some of Thai 777's must be getting on a bit now though, looking at this...http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Thai%20Airways-active-b777.htm

The EVA fleet is not as old, they're oldest seems to be from 2006 , but they tend to upgrade the cabin nicely when they do it. I wonder what they'll replace the 777's with when the time comes.

Looking back, Thai were running knackered 747's up until the last minute a few years ago. "Phimara" is pushing 19 years old now, that was the first and only Thai 747 I ever flew on.

A shame that.

I always fly Thai..though I use the mid-day flight,which uses the A380...I was considering the night time flight FOR THIS October...........but I dont think I will bother now, will stick with the A380.

I have just booked 917 A350 on the 30th jan, return on 910 A380 on 1st March, £635 direct with Thai. I know it is possible to buy a bit cheaper but I prefer to book with the airline rather than some of these lesser known travel companies.

I am 'Silver' now so get priority baggage and maybe it helps when I 'need to have a word' with a member of staff, Angie at LHR was helpful last trip. :)

I'm 'Silver' too, but I've never found my baggage to come out priority first. Last month I waited over 40 minutes at the carousel for my bag to come out, how does that work as priority??

keyman

I am not sure the baggage comes off the carousel 'Priority', but it should have a 'Priority' label. :)

So what's the priority?

I assume the "priority", is that bags labelled as priority, are put on the belt first...............

In theory at least!

As you say, the first requirement is that they are labelled as priority, then they have to be separated and loaded on and off the aircraft that way,

Pretty sure it happens sometimes, and others not at all. Had a different carrier definitely do that for me as the 'priority' suitcases came off at a different carousel, but nobody saw fit to tell anyone, so of course I was just stood at the wrong place in my usual post flight fog!

• Upvote 1