Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 249 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Jomtien Immigration costs.

Well, not actually immigration, and not actually a visa, but the people outside that do the forms for you. The cost of doing the retirement extension forms has gone up from 100 to 500 Baht. Why? "because boss say so" and that was that. Hopefully the actual extension is going through OK, back on Monday for passport.

This is just a heads up really, if it goes through OK I don't mind paying the 500 and, as It's my first retirement extension, if he hadn't mentioned the increase I'd have been none the wiser. But if you go there expecting 100, be prepared, it ain't happening.

A fallang, English I think, was giving it the whole "I've been here 20 years" bit (with his Thai wife trying to shut him up) and getting nowhere. The price isn't down to the people you're talking to after all, and they did give it up front, not spring it afterwards. By the expressions, they're having this conversation a lot. :o

So, do the papers yourself, or wear the price.

Seriously... :rolleyes:

Thai people found that there is a big category of farangs ready to pay them big prices to do nearly nothing. It works well so they try to increase their profit "a little bit" hoping farangs will continue to pay... And I bet many will pay that !!

Filling the form for a Retirement Extension must take you less than 2 minutes, and all data required are in your Passport already. You just have to recopy them... B) . I never paid and never will pay for that !

• Upvote 2

Seriously... :rolleyes:

Thai people found that there is a big category of farangs ready to pay them big prices to do nearly nothing. It works well so they try to increase their profit "a little bit" hoping farangs will continue to pay... And I bet many will pay that !!

Filling the form for a Retirement Extension must take you less than 2 minutes, and all data required are in your Passport already. You just have to recopy them... B) . I never paid and never will pay for that !

Is it easy to see WHERE in the forms to write the information - are the forms available in English?

If that is 2 times yes I agree with you and would also not pay. If I need to be able to read Thai to do it myself I will have to pay the price.

When I was there in early December, the Thai lad at the table where i sat to fill in my own forms for the address registration was extremely helpful and happy to clarify what i had to write where, at no charge, although I did slip him 20b when I left. He clearly worked at the visa company there, and was busy filling in forms for Russians who didn't have a clue. Now ive done it once, I should be good to go next time.

The clarification was all about how to present the Thai address and in what blanks.

Is it easy to see WHERE in the forms to write the information - are the forms available in English?

If that is 2 times yes I agree with you and would also not pay. If I need to be able to read Thai to do it myself I will have to pay the price.

2 Yes B)

The form is TM.7 and you can find help on many website. By example:

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

And you can download the form to fill it at home:

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/tm7%20application%20form.pdf

• Upvote 3

Well I guess there is quite a market there for Russians, Chinese, Italians whatever, who struggle with English.

I know I would struggle if the forms were in Chinese or only Thai.

As it is they are straightforward.

Quite a jump in price that, 100 to 500.... we are here to be milked.

Well I guess there is quite a market there for Russians, Chinese, Italians whatever, who struggle with English.

I know I would struggle if the forms were in Chinese or only Thai.

As it is they are straightforward.

Quite a jump in price that, 100 to 500.... we are here to be milked.

If they are including all the copying on the 100 baht then that wouldn't leave a lot of margin for the work involved but 500 baht seems excessive for filling in a form and taking a few copies. Edited by tallguy

500 baht for filling out a page and a half of a form is taking the piss. Wasn't more than a few years ago the filipinos there would do it for free + tip when you did your picture and copies there. I just did my re-entry permit and they charged me 100 for the form and 50 for the pic. I wouldn't pay anymore than that