Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Latest Price - US to BKK

Your engles is quite good enough!

I just got what I consider a good deal via priceline.com:  SFO to BKK departing Oct 28.  I bid $510 (after taxes and miscellaneous charges it ended up totaling $593.75).

Keep in mind that different times of the year cost differently.  After Nov 1 costs will increase about $100.

I chose this time of year as the rainy season should have ended and the blissful cool season (such as it is) will have started.  My last vist was in June and it was both hot and humid - though I still had a great time.

I've checked out skyauction.com and have concluded that it's a waste of time.  No way will you get a good price.

yeah......they dont give you FF miles with the promotion....

I had over 60,000 miles logged......and like you said....try to use the miles on the NRT-BKK leg of the flight....damn near impossible....

With the state of the airline industry right now...i feel its just as well to use them up.

"Those flights that you purchased via priceline.com, did they qualify for frequent flyer miles? "

No.

And I suppose in the spirit of honesty I should mention that on priceline.com you get what you pay for.  Looking closer on my flight itinerary I see that I've got a 3-hour layover at Narita on the way to LOS.  This is okay.  However, on the way back to SFO I've got a 10-hour layover to look forward to.  All this to save $35 from a known schedule on expedia.com.  

Soi7, that's a very good price you got on JAL out of S.F. I've been on JAL out of S.F. before, and like that airlines. For the next trip in Nov., I went through M & K Travel based in S.F. They are offering R.T. S.F.-Bkk-S.F. for $529, but this is not including taxes, etc. And it's with China Airlines...they don't have a great safety record. They stop in Taipei, and the layovers are in the 2-3 hour range.

I flew them once before, and they don't measure up to JAL, IMO. In fact, the air conditioner wasn't working as we were getting ready to depart Bkk to Taipei....we sat on the tarmack for about an hour until finally we were told to get off the plane. After another hour and a half, we got back on because they had fixed it. But in the meantime, a large Chinese tour group had gotten fed up, and demanded another flight with another airlines. The upshot was the plane now held about 1/4 the passengers as before, so everyone got to move around and get seats with nobody around them. I stretched out on the middle section and slept off-and-on. Also they had so much extra food they were asking, "Would you like the chicken, beef, or both dinners?" I went for both, of course...

The delay caused the 3 U.S. people on board to miss our connecting flight. The other two guys decided to get a flight to Los Angeles that night, then would get an L.A. to S.F.  (their luggage was lost when we got to Taipei, it had been off-loaded along with the large tour groups luggage in Bkk..I wasn't affected because had just 1 carry-on piece). China Airlines put me up for free at an airport hotel in Taipei, plus they gave free food vouchers for the hotel restaurant. The best part was they bumped me up to 1st class on the way back to S.F. from Taipei (so that's how the other half lives!)....so all-in-all it worked out fine.

Hope to try EVA in a future trip, have heard good things about them. If anyone is interested, M & K Travel can be reached at 1-800-578-9885, or from the Bay Area the # is 415-392-7772. Their office is at 870 Market St., Suite 350 in S.F., 94102. They advertise in the Travel Section of the Sunday San Francisco Chronicle.

Me again, besides NorthWest special promotion flights leaving Mon -Thursday from Sept 3rd to Oct 31st you might try Airasiatravel.com  web site or speak to Jin Carlos Calapatia who works there  201-947-9111 always get a good price from them   . Also could try www.searchandfly.com   Good Luck, Tony

Just booked on UAL.com Philadelphia to BKK for $721.USD including taxes. Includes FF miles. Best price I've seen in a long time. Tell the girls at the FLB Bar, I'll see them 25 September. ;D ;D ;D