Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

London/Doha to Pattaya

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? Swampy is running at passenger levels much higher than it's design capacity...... Getting through Immigration/security means long waits....   Last month on my last day we were booked to fly fro

Some journey times come in at 14.30 from LHR, longest coming up was 15.30, so I guess you are booking through an agent not direct with the airline.Cheaper tickets will likely give you a longer wait.

Until April 18th then the price will rise.

Some journey times come in at 14.30 from LHR, longest coming up was 15.30, so I guess you are booking through an agent not direct with the airline.Cheaper tickets will likely give you a longer wait.

The flight Doha to UTP does not stop in Bangkok, so I can only believe some search engines are coming up with a bus option.

There aren't any flights from BKK to UTP. (Although some of the minibus drivers come pretty close.)

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2

I noticed that the longer times also stop at BKK before stopping at utapao airport, but not all of them...

Hi,

Mate, this is about direct flights to Pattaya.

Hi,

Mate, this is about direct flights to Pattaya.

UTP is at best 15 minutes closer to pattaya then suvarnabhumbi. I cannot for the life of me think of one reason why it would be better for pattaya bound visitors. You'll find the taxi companies even charge higher than the usual 1000 baht swampy/pattaya

UTP is at best 15 minutes closer to pattaya then suvarnabhumbi. I cannot for the life of me think of one reason why it would be better for pattaya bound visitors. You'll find the taxi companies even charge higher than the usual 1000 baht swampy/pattaya

The taxi companies may have put their prices up to and from Swampy as the motorway stretch from Chonburi to Pattaya is now also toll road.

UTP isn't bad for me as I can get onto Hwy 36, then switch to 331 which pops out on Sukhumvit close to UTP. Although I am also not far from Hwy 7 either. I agree using Sukhumvit from Sattahip to Pattaya is a pretty horrible drive!

Edited by jacko

Yes not a lot quicker than the journey to / from Suvarnabhumi but if you are being charged over 1000 baht for a taxi to UTP then you are calling / emailing the wrong people.

Yes not a lot quicker than the journey to / from Suvarnabhumi but if you are being charged over 1000 baht for a taxi to UTP then you are calling / emailing the wrong people.

I had been paying 1200 from Swampy and I believe the other way was 1000, but I was more inclined to drive myself that direction. That was before the extended motorway tolls came in. I thought that was pretty standard although years ago I used the mafia and they were always yellow/green cabs trying to get a fare back to Bangkok and were cheap but came with arguments many times.

I had been paying 1200 from Swampy and I believe the other way was 1000, but I was more inclined to drive myself that direction. That was before the extended motorway tolls came in. I thought that was pretty standard although years ago I used the mafia and they were always yellow/green cabs trying to get a fare back to Bangkok and were cheap but came with arguments many times.

Increased tolls may cause the 1000 baht taxi to and from BKK to disappear but what I was saying is that you shouldn't be paying that much for a ride to UTP.

Increased tolls may cause the 1000 baht taxi to and from BKK to disappear but what I was saying is that you shouldn't be paying that much for a ride to UTP.

9 months or so ago all taxi operators i contacted where saying they were not allowed to take passengers in to UTP, so now we get a mini bus from UTP for 250 Baht per person but have never tried to leave from UTP, YET, so dont know what their story is to go back.

I used my usual taxi provider to and from utapo in January...i think it was 700b each way, 40 minute there (5am) and an hour back (5pm). They did ask that they waited outside , and called me when I had arrived and they came into arrivals and met me in the car park.

Hi,

The world doesn't stand still. I'm sure the roads will be improved if the flights are successful. Transport would be likely to be improved as well.

Hi,

The world doesn't stand still. I'm sure the roads will be improved if the flights are successful. Transport would be likely to be improved as well.

You may be right but as i said earlier in the thread cant think of one single reason in using UTP if you're pattaya bound

You may be right but as i said earlier in the thread cant think of one single reason in using UTP if you're pattaya bound

Although I haven't read anything to confirm this, I am betting a few people who landed in Swampy over the weekend, (Chinese New Year) with the expected high number of arrivals, wished they had landed at UTP instead.

Whats all the blethering about toll increases?

The new gates are now open and functioning

&

as declared, the toll remains as it was @ 60THB Pattaya to Swampy (or back again)

Until April 18th then the price will rise.

• Upvote 1

Is there anyone here that wouldn't pay 1500 baht to not stand behind 300 Chinese in an immigration line when not a single one of them has attempted to fill out there forms before getting in front of the immigration officer? So why would you worry about 100 baht or less of tolls?

(Respects to Martin)

For bites and grins I went to the Qatar Airways site and checked for routing and fares to the U.S. Pacific northwest. Somewhat to my surprise it returned itineraries. The price wasn't bad, but the transit times came in at 48 hours plus. :eyecrazy No thanks.

Is there anyone here that wouldn't pay 1500 baht to not stand behind 300 Chinese in an immigration line when not a single one of them has attempted to fill out there forms before getting in front of the immigration officer? So why would you worry about 100 baht or less of tolls?

(Respects to Martin)

I usually pay substantially more on my UK flights, flying Biz Class. I have also paid somewhat more on a shorter flight to go from Swampy rather than DMG for reasons you suggest above. As to Pattaya Airport (UTP), Air Asia also fly there directly from mainland China, so there is a chance of getting behind a few hundred of them there too. Have to look what arrives about the same time as Qatar do.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually pay substantially more on my UK flights, flying Biz Class. I have also paid somewhat more on a shorter flight to go from Swampy rather than DMG for reasons you suggest above. As to Pattaya Airport (UTP), Air Asia also fly there directly from mainland China, so there is a chance of getting behind a few hundred of them there too. Have to look what arrives about the same time as Qatar do.

I've just booked U-Tapao - Manchester for June, just under 71k baht for business class. All legs on 787 and layovers in Doha around 2 1/2 - 3 hours, just time to get through security and a short time in the lounge.

Looking at the U-Tapao website there are no flights from China scheduled to arrive within a few hours of the Qatar flight so shouldn't be a problem unless there are delays.

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 1

I've just booked U-Tapao - Manchester for June, just under 71k baht for business class. All legs on 787 and layovers in Doha around 2 1/2 - 3 hours, just time to get through security and a short time in the lounge.

Looking at the U-Tapao website there are no flights from China scheduled to arrive within a few hours of the Qatar flight so shouldn't be a problem unless there are delays.

That seems like a very good price... so good I have to ask is it round trip! :D

Emirates via Swampy coming in at over 100,000!

My last year Qatar leg from Manchester on the 787 was fine.

Any special codes for that price?

Edited by jacko

That seems like a very good price... so good I have to ask is it round trip! :D

Emirates via Swampy coming in at over 100,000!

My last year Qatar leg from Manchester on the 787 was fine.

Any special codes for that price?

It's a return price , the sale supposedly ends today, no special codes.

There are only 4 Qatar flights in and out of UTP per week so you may need to play around with the dates to get decent layovers.

I flew the Qatar 787 business on a couple of legs on my UK trip last year and thought they compared well to what Etihad and Emirates offer up, especially if they happen to be significantly cheaper.?

Edited by tallguy

It's a return price , the sale supposedly ends today, no special codes.

There are only 4 Qatar flights in and out of UTP per week so you may need to play around with the dates to get decent layovers.

I flew the Qatar 787 business on a couple of legs on my UK trip last year and thought they compared well to what Etihad and Emirates offer up, especially if they happen to be significantly cheaper.

Well they don't offer the limo but in the mid afternoon in summer the train is fine to Manchester airport.

M60 has its issues.

Well they don't offer the limo but in the mid afternoon in summer the train is fine to Manchester airport.

M60 has its issues.

Yep the M60 has issues, but it's not as bad as the M25!!!