Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi,

If it's a Boeing, I ain't going. :rolleyes:

In my opinion Airbus are the better aircraft, quieter and more comfortable.... but sadly I have suffer Boeing. I always try and find flight options that offer flights on Airbus....

My next trip has 2 flights on Qatar's A340-600 but unfortunately on that same trip I have to suffer 2 flights on a Qatar Boeing Nightmareliner

Edited by TheFiend
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flew on Emirates A380 SYD to BKK last May and really enjoyed the flight. I agree with the comment on the large open business class area upstairs but was lucky enough to take heed of Seat Guru and ende

Just to add to this. Songkran trips; BKK - Heathrow, Thai Air 777 Heathrow - Glasgow - BA A320-232 (I think), business class though (I had miles I could use) Glasgow - Dubai, Emirates 777 Dubai

The engine mounts have nothing to do cabin comfort.   All down to aerodynamics and efficiency.   Having the most powerful engine fitted to a commercial aircraft on the 777-300ER any further outboa

Posted Images

In my opinion Airbus are the better aircraft, quieter and more comfortable.... but sadly I have suffer Boeing. I always try and find flight options that offer flights on Airbus....

My next trip has 2 flights on Qatar's A340-600 but unfortunately on that same trip I have to suffer 2 flights on a Qatar Boeing Nightmareliner

Hi,

At least you are travelling. I liked the old Jumbos but not any other.

Thai Airways have stated that the current shortage of A380 availability is because they are waiting for Rolls Royce to supply a couple of new engines.

Thai Airways have stated that the current shortage of A380 availability is because they are waiting for Rolls Royce to supply a couple of new engines.

Rolls Royce have huge engine problems right now.

The race to the bottom on price is catching up with companies like this.

Ive worked for then in their marine propulsion division in Norway a few times and have seen it from inside out.

Ive worked for then in their marine propulsion division in Norway a few times and have seen it from inside out.

But it's not just RR that having problems with engines.... Both P&W and CFM are having problems with their new generation engines... and even GE have been having problems with the GEnx.

Edited by TheFiend

I would choose the the A380. It is much more quiet, has a bar in the back and lounge in the front. I have flown in business class with Korean air with these two types of aircraft, and the clear winner was the A380.

I would choose the the A380. It is much more quiet, has a bar in the back and lounge in the front. I have flown in business class with Korean air with these two types of aircraft, and the clear winner was the A380.

Hi,

Yeah, nice craft.

Only Airbus jumbo I have flown was with China Air A340 and that was very nice.

Best economy class seat and service was on the upper deck of an Eva Air 747-400.

Worst economy class seat by a large margin was an Eva Air 747 combi. Had better trips sitting on troop seats on military transport aircraft.

Only Airbus jumbo I have flown was with China Air A340 and that was very nice.

Best economy class seat and service was on the upper deck of an Eva Air 747-400.

Worst economy class seat by a large margin was an Eva Air 747 combi. Had better trips sitting on troop seats on military transport aircraft.

I flew AMS-BKK on a KLM 747 and was very disappointed by the so called "Queen of the Skies"

Have flown Air France and Etihad A340 previously and looking forward to my next A340 flight with Qatar...

Rolls-Royce has allowed for a charge of £227 million ($315 million) in its full-year results relating to costs associated with addressing in-service technical issues on Boeing 787 and Airbus A380 engines.

The charges offset an increase in underlying revenues, up 12% to £3.8 billion, as the company delivered 483 large aircraft engines – a rise of 126 on the previous year – and generated a one-third increase in civil aerospace profit to £520 million.

Edited by Brown1950
  • 2 weeks later...

From a comfort perspective, I prefer the 777. In economy(what I use), the 380 has narrower aisles. Plus on the 380 first floor, there is a noticeable space between most window seats and the bulkhead - which makes it next to impossible to lean against it with a pillow. Once you get past those differences they are largely the same. However, comfort is more dependent on the airline that outfitted the plane vs the plane itself.

With one major difference - the A380 carries a lot more passengers(about 500 on CZ vs 320-350 for the 777). That impacts deplaning and immigration. Economy is usually last off the plane for both the 777& the 380, but with more passengers on the 380 there tend to be more in front of you at the arriving airport. This is the biggest difference to me. If you are in the rear of economy in a 380 there are several hundred in front of you. It is easy to say sit in front, but the seats fill up in the front faster, and I prefer an aisle or window in the rear to a middle seat up front.

Given a choice I will take the 777.

Zeus

From a comfort perspective, I prefer the 777. In economy(what I use), the 380 has narrower aisles. Plus on the 380 first floor, there is a noticeable space between most window seats and the bulkhead - which makes it next to impossible to lean against it with a pillow. Once you get past those differences they are largely the same. However, comfort is more dependent on the airline that outfitted the plane vs the plane itself.

With one major difference - the A380 carries a lot more passengers(about 500 on CZ vs 320-350 for the 777). That impacts deplaning and immigration. Economy is usually last off the plane for both the 777& the 380, but with more passengers on the 380 there tend to be more in front of you at the arriving airport. This is the biggest difference to me. If you are in the rear of economy in a 380 there are several hundred in front of you. It is easy to say sit in front, but the seats fill up in the front faster, and I prefer an aisle or window in the rear to a middle seat up front.

Given a choice I will take the 777.

Zeus

You've obviously never experienced an Emirates 2-class 77W with 427 seats crammed into it..... Not a great experience in economy!!!

I've traveled a lot on 777's and A380's.... And nowadays I try to avoid traveling on a 777 if I can help it... too much like a sardine can and too noisy..... More and more 777 operators are opting for 10 abreast as they try to maximize the number of seats they can fit in....

• Upvote 1

Bizarre Evas economy on the Combi was 34" pitch and attracted plaudits from around the world and people saddened when they were laid off

You've obviously never experienced an Emirates 2-class 77W with 427 seats crammed into it..... Not a great experience in economy!!!

I've traveled a lot on 777's and A380's.... And nowadays I try to avoid traveling on a 777 if I can help it... too much like a sardine can and too noisy..... More and more 777 operators are opting for 10 abreast as they try to maximize the number of seats they can fit in....

A 777 and Emirates has to the worst combination of any Western airline. Usually the cabin is crewed by surly and lazy Eastern Europeans.

Bizarre Evas economy on the Combi was 34" pitch and attracted plaudits from around the world and people saddened when they were laid off

It was 10 years ago and I won't claim perfect memory. I don't remember a lot of leg room. I do remember an old fashion low rise seat back which offered no support for my head as the top of the seat was even with the middle of my neck. There were other things as well. Edited by nkped

From a comfort perspective, I prefer the 777. In economy(what I use), the 380 has narrower aisles. Plus on the 380 first floor, there is a noticeable space between most window seats and the bulkhead - which makes it next to impossible to lean against it with a pillow.

If, god forbid, I was stuck in a window seat, I would prefer that. Bulkheads don't give if you need shoulder room.

Hi,

I'm in Dublin for a few days. Saw this in Dublin.

That Etihad A330 doesn't look as good as the A340-600 they did in Abu Dhabi Grand Prix livery..... Sadly that A340 has been retired....

I was looking forward to a Thai A380 for my songkran escape/go see Mum trip to the UK, but they've taken it out of service for maintenance 1-19 April, so it's a 777 now. To be fair, they did offer to re-book to another A380 12 hours earlier, but I've got a connecting flight booked. It'll be 100% full & cramped I expect.

:cry1

I was looking forward to a Thai A380 for my songkran escape/go see Mum trip to the UK, but they've taken it out of service for maintenance 1-19 April, so it's a 777 now. To be fair, they did offer to re-book to another A380 12 hours earlier, but I've got a connecting flight booked. It'll be 100% full & cramped I expect.

:cry1

This is where they are utterly shight. That maintenance session will have been known a year in advance at least yet they were openly selling seats with an A380 rostered on the sector its bang out of order. I will never ever fly them again (did twice) long time ago but would simply not trust somchai and his bike spanners on service issues between flights

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Downvote 1

This is where they are utterly shight. That maintenance session will have been known a year in advance at least yet they were openly selling seats with an A380 rostered on the sector its bang out of order. I will never ever fly them again (did twice) long time ago but would simply not trust somchai and his bike spanners on service issues between flights

Perhaps stick to something you know something about; mini-cab driving or that sort of thing.

Perhaps stick to something you know something about; mini-cab driving or that sort of thing.

Really try reading again. "inbetween flights" and my distrust of somchai and his bike spanners and his mai pen rai attitude

Full and Interim services are undertaken in Frankfurt

Servicing intervals (unless serious defects) are known 12-15 months in advance

Edited by Rawhide2

Not necessarily, perhaps they've looked at advance sales on all the A380 routes for the duration of the period one of their A380s will be out of service and selected the one with the lowest sales.

Thai Airways aren't the only airline on the planet that changes rostered aircraft.... I've had it with both Etihad and Qatar.... with Qatar changing the rostered aircraft 3 times between booking my flights and actually flying!!!

Thai Airways aren't the only airline on the planet that changes rostered aircraft.... I've had it with both Etihad and Qatar.... with Qatar changing the rostered aircraft 3 times between booking my flights and actually flying!!!

totally agree but the other poster claimed it was in for maintenance for 21 days. That was known this time last year. Thai have sold those tickets knowing full well people (in general) prefer the A380. Once the "known" rostered aircraft reached capacity they announce the change.

I worked for trailfinders for 11 years I know exactly how they work

Not necessarily, perhaps they've looked at advance sales on all the A380 routes for the duration of the period one of their A380s will be out of service and selected the one with the lowest sales.

Yes, my "return" flight to the UK on Emirates in September has had 3 schedule changes already. Currently has an 8 hour wait in Dubai. I'm not particularly bothered as I'm planning to change the date to NEXT Songkran; Glasgow - Bangkok return is cheaper than Bangkok - Glasgow, even with paying to change the return date.