Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattayatalk Calendar - start using it!

Hi Guys,

Looking back over the data from years past (as I had to do for the site upgrade test I just completed), I noticed something that I remember from back in '07 but somehow forgot about between then and now.

The Pattayatalk calendar can be edited by anyone. In the past it was standard practice for BMs to create an "event" for the time they will be in LOS, so that the calendar view would show to everyone who was in town at a certain period of time. Usually people plan their holidays months in advance, which allowed Martin to see where there were time periods of greater activity. I would really like things to get back to that point again - it would help a ton in organizing meetings and barcrawls.

So... a simple request. Please start to use the calendar again, if you don't have a particular reason to keep your trip confidential that is. When the time comes to upgrade, the data will go with us, so nothing will be lost.

The calendar also shows birthdays... might come in handy at some point. Assuming people are honest on their profiles. lol.

Here is a link: http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/calendar/

If your curious about what it looked like back when it was being used, click the link above, then click Jump To and select March (or whatever), of 2011 (the longest you can go back for some reason). If it becomes too crowded with data, ill find a way to compress it.

I'd like to add that using it has some pretty good benefits.

When I'd go into Bangkok I used to fill in the date/time on the Bkk Tonite forum & had some real good times meeting up with other board members.

I think that's how I met Big D the first time.

I'd like to add that using it has some pretty good benefits.

I think that's how I met Big D the first time.

Some people would regard that as an oxymoron! :rolleyes:

Actually, one time I arranged a bar crawl around Pattaya.

We started at Beggar's down in Jomtien & hired a song taaw to take us out there & back to town.

I can't remember how many of us there were, but I think around 10. Only a few people helped out paying for the song taaw & Big D was the first.

• Upvote 1

Actually, one time I arranged a bar crawl around Pattaya.

We started at Beggar's down in Jomtien & hired a song taaw to take us out there & back to town.

I can't remember how many of us there were, but I think around 10. Only a few people helped out paying for the song taaw & Big D was the first.

Just like the buffets eh! :D

Never got the chance to meet him but all the feedback on meet-ups belied his board behaviour and many spoke positively.

The last time he was in town I was away and he cancelled a proposed trip.

• Upvote 1

Just a minor point.

I had a quick look at current and past Calendar, and notice it is clogged with Birthdays. These currently come up on the side bar , so is it really necessary to place them in the calendar? With over “20,000 members”, that’s an average of 50+ birthdays per day. (yeah I realise many members leave their birthday blank, or provide an incorrect date)

Perhaps we could have “who is in town AND celebrating their birthday”.

This might keep the calendar cleaner, easier to read, and possibly more utilised.

Just a minor point.

I had a quick look at current and past Calendar, and notice it is clogged with Birthdays. These currently come up on the side bar , so is it really necessary to place them in the calendar? With over “20,000 members”, that’s an average of 50+ birthdays per day. (yeah I realise many members leave their birthday blank, or provide an incorrect date)

Perhaps we could have “who is in town AND celebrating their birthday”.

This might keep the calendar cleaner, easier to read, and possibly more utilised.

Already working on that. :)

Already working on that. :)

I've made a minor change that will show only a single line for birthdays for each day. If there is only 1 birthday that day, the members name will show. If not, it will show something like (4) birthdays and clicking on that will take you to the Day page where all the birthdays will be shown (as well as any other events).

• Upvote 1