Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Suvarnabhumi. Queue for a taxi or go upstairs for drop offs?

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Thank heavens I don't bother with the touts of years ago who used to drive you just out of the airport and try to transfer you to his mate's car that was devoid of fuel! Twats.

?? I got the same a couple of times. Was a bit concerned to have been driven down back alleyways on to waste grounds to do the change overs. Luckily no harm was ever done.

I've always used the Limo Pattaya.  Once or twice, didn't find the driver right away, called the office and got a quick resolution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 11:53 PM, jacko said:

Last time I used a rank taxi I got a ticket from a woman sat at a tin desk, she told me 50 baht plus whatever I arrange with driver if I recall correctly. Also as stated there was a wait as more customers than available taxis. I recall an excited cheer as my driver realized he got a Pattaya ride. But like you I drive myself there, Mrs brings the vehicle back and I now book a ride to return. Never had an issue other than the odd car sounding like it needed a few new springs.Damn sight better than Bali where  I couldn't find the hotel driver in the bedlam and crowds!

Thank heavens I don't bother with the touts of years ago who used to drive you just out of the airport and try to transfer you to his mate's car that was devoid of fuel! Twats.

Ahhh...like me you also fell for the old “nice new Toyota” at the airport which “Had a problem” at the nearest garage, then we had to transfer all our luggage into a crappy old Mazda with useless air con and yaba powered driver. Up and down over the bloody uneven road below the under construction flyover, 2.5 hours into town...

8 hours ago, Butch said:

Ahhh...like me you also fell for the old “nice new Toyota” at the airport which “Had a problem” at the nearest garage, then we had to transfer all our luggage into a crappy old Mazda with useless air con and yaba powered driver. Up and down over the bloody uneven road below the under construction flyover, 2.5 hours into town...

Well it was some years back and I learned my lesson. I have lived here some years now and I am not a member of the 'lovely Thais club'. At the airport, and around Pattaya I would say they are a collection of scrounger and scammers. I guess my opinion is swayed living in the Pattaya area, and by the fact we are their favourite customers! They seem much nicer in the rural areas.