Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Whinge about Thai Visa - again

I am guessing this is a complaint wrt 'Thaivisa'.... would you like me to correct the title?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am guessing this is a complaint wrt 'Thaivisa'.... would you like me to correct the title?

...or just delete it.

• Downvote 1

Phew ... close call ... saved me time shopping on Amazon for that type of vise.

You wouldn't be a moderator there, would you!

No. I'm not..... But looking at your posting history on here you do seem to be very frustrated by their mods.....

I have quite a list of people on ignore on Thai Visa, one of them is a Mod.

But a lot of people there seem to be looking for an argument.... and a lot of Pattaya negativity.

Can be a fair source of information , some of the Visa information is very good.

Far too much advertising, makes the site slow and jumpy for me.

Edited by jacko

There are plenty of adds. They get them by "bumping" their readership figures. Every mod has to post new topics under several different names. Been banned a few times, no probs, just use a different email account, take ipad or iphone to a bar with wifi and join again.Not denying they are a great source of info, its the fairy mods that get my goat. I Guess If I was earning less than an english teacher, I would become bitter and twisted too.

• Upvote 1

I gave up on it when they wanted Ad-blocker turned off.

Far too much advertising, makes the site slow and jumpy for me.

I had been using AdBlock Plus on thaivisa.com (as I do also on this site), and got totally p'd off after I had to switch it off and the ads were loading so slowly that the web pages were jumping about, and almost unreadable. After a fair bit of research I found a way to put a custom filter code in AdBlock plus and for me now the ads aren't loading and I can read the website comfortably. Unfortunately the person who gave me the code swore me to secrecy because he feared both he and I getting banned from thaivisa. (Yes, unclebuck, the mods are a bunch of morons/pussies). Maybe Google searching might unmask the correct code to input on AdBlock.

Edit...Unclebuck, if you call me I can give you the code and tell you how to input it if you like.

Edited by 4niceight

I use Ad Block Plus in Firefox. Thaivisa always tries to persuade me to turn it off by making me wait 8 seconds before i can view the page. I won't give them the satisfaction :)

its the fairy mods that get my goat. I Guess If I was earning less than an english teacher, I would become bitter and twisted too.

The Mods get paid? :o

Frostyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

(Just kidding! :chogdee )

KM

• Upvote 1

Adblock. I tried many suggestions to stop that delay. None worked. Then I started using MS Edge because of a Gmail issue (that later cured itself) and lo & behold, no Adblock issues with ThaiVisa on Edge.

So Edges wins for me, though it can be a resource hog if you've got a lot of tabs open.

Adblock. I tried many suggestions to stop that delay. None worked. Then I started using MS Edge because of a Gmail issue (that later cured itself) and lo & behold, no Adblock issues with ThaiVisa on Edge.

So Edges wins for me, though it can be a resource hog if you've got a lot of tabs open.

Rather than succumbing to using Edge, Google for a decent hosts file that has most of the advertising ip numbers included. Takes a small amount of PC savvy to do it, but it blocks most advertising on most sites for me, especially the Google and Doubleclick crap.

I told one ThaiVisa mod that 'pinged' me that he was just a dopey wanker....he didn't have an answer.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

A coupla mates posted on TV topic about old age pension, they said they did not need the OAP as they had worked and saved enough to do without it, their posts were deleted. The mods must all be bums and , I will bet, collecting the OAP while working at Thai Visa. Im going to get them investigated by centrelink. P.S. The former mod I know says that Rimmer posts topics under 4 different names.

I just got suspended again.... making mental evaluations of other posters is frowned upon. Some right pricks there...!