Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai Airways ex Manchester

Rumour circulating Manchester Airport for the last week is at long last Thai will commence a direct service to Bangkok 4 x weekly using A359 metal.

Expect an announcement shortly for a starting date of 1st Dec 18.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rumour circulating Manchester Airport for the last week is at long last Thai will commence a direct service to Bangkok 4 x weekly using A359 metal. Expect an announcement shortly for a starting date

There is a God !

Yes I booked directly with their website too. There wasn't time to visit the lounges in KUL last time when I travelled. Tight connection outward, and late arrival on return. I once had time but had

Posted Images

Thai have always been 'uncompetitive' in Biz Class....

I recently was looking for a flight to Bali and their direct Biz was twice the price of Malaysian via KLIA

I hope this comes about, more competition and alternatives is good..

Would imagine the bookings would be very heallthy at least in economy

If they price it competitively ...They'll be up against EK,EY and QR

AFAIK they'll have no competition for direct flights

Yes, no competition on direct but their main completion from MAN will be the ME3. To make an impact their prices will have to be competitive against them.

Yes, no competition on direct but their main completion from MAN will be the ME3. To make an impact their prices will have to be competitive against them.

People will always pay a premium for a non stop flight though. At heathrow they have a lot more competition then just the ME3 or 5 if you include Gulf and Oman

Edited by Rawhide2

& to avoid the ME

Maybe but there are plenty of other carriers avoiding the ME in KLM Air France Air china Cathay Malaysian to name just a few. I reckon its a great move on Thais part

People will always pay a premium for a non stop flight though. At heathrow they have a lot more competition then just the ME3 or 5 if you include Gulf and Oman

And at MAN there is also Cathay, Singapore and Oman....

If this is true, its the best news I have had all year. As good as those middle eastern airlines are, the 16 hours going and 17 and half hours coming back are killer (especially the return flight).

Be interesting to see the prices when compared to the equivalent LHR departures.

Never been on the A350, although I just missed out on a connecting flight from HKG to MNL a few months ago, dammit.

A350 looks decent in economy 32 inches pitch with 18 width and decent IFE.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/hilight_destination/life_style/A350-900_highlight.page

Be interesting to see the prices when compared to the equivalent LHR departures.

Never been on the A350, although I just missed out on a connecting flight from HKG to MNL a few months ago, dammit.

A350 looks decent in economy 32 inches pitch with 18 width and decent IFE.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/hilight_destination/life_style/A350-900_highlight.page

I expect the prices to be a bit higher in peak periods (mostly the only time I can fly) but off peak times I guess looking at LHR prices around £550. which is a good price.

I asked Thai Airways UK on Facebook about Manchester but they did not reveal anything, however it does look promising from what i have seen here.

I was lucky enough to fly the A350 a couple of times on it's recent short Heathrow slot, and in Economy I found it preferable to the 380 and 777.

Thai have always been 'uncompetitive' in Biz Class....

I recently was looking for a flight to Bali and their direct Biz was twice the price of Malaysian via KLIA

I hope this comes about, more competition and alternatives is good..

Off topic.I just booked BKK-DPS on Malaysian Business for ~$460 for November.

Finally,someone uses the correct term for a nonstop flight. NONSTOP,not direct! Kudos!

Off topic.I just booked BKK-DPS on Malaysian Business for ~$460 for November.

My flight was 19,825 baht return which is about $630 so you got a good deal.

Not that great a flight though, no drinkies on the BKK hops!

Edited by jacko

My flight was 19,825 baht return which is about $630 so you got a good deal.

Not that great a flight though, no drinkies on the BKK hops!

I didn't follow a link for a sale or special fare. I just went to their site and booked it 4 days ago. You're right,I guess my timing was good. But should be able to use their lounge on conx in KUL.

Edited by 4wheels

I didn't follow a link for a sale or special fare. I just went to their site and booked it 4 days ago. You're right,I guess my timing was good. But should be able to use their lounge on conx in KUL.

Yes I booked directly with their website too.

There wasn't time to visit the lounges in KUL last time when I travelled.

Tight connection outward, and late arrival on return. I once had time but had to hunt out the dicreet area where I could get a beer. Duty free reasonably priced. If one of the legs is an Airbus it is comfortable, but usually they are 737-800 which aren't so good. Crew good,

• Upvote 1

Yes I booked directly with their website too.

There wasn't time to visit the lounges in KUL last time when I travelled.

Tight connection outward, and late arrival on return. I once had time but had to hunt out the dicreet area where I could get a beer. Duty free reasonably priced. If one of the legs is an Airbus it is comfortable, but usually they are 737-800 which aren't so good. Crew good,

I've got 3:20 conx going and 2:00 on return,so lounge probably just on going portion. -800s going but managed A330-200 and -800 on return.

The distance from Auckland to Bangkok is similar to UK to Bangkok. I just paid for my direct flight today and it was the lowest price I have had for years. Approx sterling $500 economy return. The problem with Thai is that they are never consistent with their prices and next week could have been 50 % more which is the standard price. As someone said, people will pay a premium for direct. That happened here and the result was daily flights rather than every other day. I think that the lower price reflects the extra seats that became available. Perhaps there is a moral to this story?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk