Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways ex Manchester

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rumour circulating Manchester Airport for the last week is at long last Thai will commence a direct service to Bangkok 4 x weekly using A359 metal. Expect an announcement shortly for a starting date

There is a God !

Yes I booked directly with their website too. There wasn't time to visit the lounges in KUL last time when I travelled. Tight connection outward, and late arrival on return. I once had time but had

Posted Images

I take it this was a rumour with little or no substance?

Ethiopian And Jet Airways have just announced flights from Manchester starting December... Thai Airways could be getting announced soon....

Where did you find those announcements ?

Just looked at both websites but currently not showing that route into 2019 ..

hope its priced to compete cheers

Came across these posts on airliners.net. There is a thread for "MAN news - 2018"

.@BTVI Exclusive: Sources say #JetAirways board approves expansion of International network. Jet Airways to add four New Flights in Six Months. New routes decided;
Mumbai-London, Mumbai-Manchester,Delhi-London, Mumbai - Sydney
@jetairways

Jet Airways MAN- BOM has now been announced..... 4 flights a week.

http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/news/national/16233854.Jet_Airways_launches_Manchester_to_Mumbai_flights/

Increasing competition for MAN - BKK traffic....

Could be some very competitive fares available with the amount of competition..

Jet Airways MAN- BOM has now been announced..... 4 flights a week.

http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/news/national/16233854.Jet_Airways_launches_Manchester_to_Mumbai_flights/

Increasing competition for MAN - BKK traffic....

Could be some very competitive fares available with the amount of competition..

Good news that, although it won't be getting me onto Jet airways and travelling via Mumbai...

• 2 months later...

Tui Airways will fly MAN-UTP from December 27 to March 22nd.

Ahh, previously Thomson.

Charter company?

Tui Airways will fly MAN-UTP from December 27 to March 22nd.

Their Dreamliners which will operate the route are not configured in sardine fashion as per charters of the past. Spacious

I have tried a dummy booking but it seems like their system for MAN-UTP is not open for bookings just yet.

I tried too, but not open as you said. I also tried a dummy booking for MAN-HKT I think the price was £600 but that was a basic price then you had to add luggage etc. From what I understood from there booking page the basic seat does not come with a video screen. The only good thing about the flight was the departure times.

I tried too, but not open as you said. I also tried a dummy booking for MAN-HKT I think the price was £600 but that was a basic price then you had to add luggage etc. From what I understood from there booking page the basic seat does not come with a video screen. The only good thing about the flight was the departure times.

I might have some concern about the fellow passengers too. If the flight is full of those on package tours, and it is mainly charter bookings, you can bet the house they will have given the airport bar some custom before boarding!

I might have some concern about the fellow passengers too. If the flight is full of those on package tours, and it is mainly charter bookings, you can bet the house they will have given the airport bar some custom before boarding!

I was thinking the same thing, full of loud mouthed idiots and screaming kids.

My understanding is these TUI far east flights are for connecting passengers with their Cruise division.

Well there are plans for cruises to come to Sattahip in the future but not yet, I don't think that many come in at Laem Chabang. So I would wonder why U-Tapao.

Cost maybe. Cheaper to land at U-Tapao.

Also I noticed the same airline is also starting flights to langkawi. So possibly an expansion to South East Asia

• 2 months later...

Hi Waco , I have booked 23rd Nov with Jet air ,

Off the top my head it was 349£, short connections each way - but once paid choice of seats will bump it to emirates /etihad prices so I will just get allocated on arrival

Flown once before with jet , although that was to Goa from Abu Dhabi ...

Still no official announcement from Thai.

Can't see it being forthcoming

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Apparently a delegation from Thai Airways visited MAN in June and left with a very positive view of the airport, so it's looking more likely this will happen....

Still no official announcement from Thai.

Can't see it being forthcoming

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapat

And tenders have been sent to baggage handlers / cargo agents / cleaners etc - So hopefully expect news of a commencement for a direct service starting 2019.