Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

From what I gather with Burnley they aren't making any huge fortune's, but I think in many ways it was a matter of club pride that for many years they were the only team in the Premier league that wasn't running at a loss. 

Going back to my mate Tom. A few summers ago maybe last summer or one before. A few of us stop for a beer at a countryside pub while out on a bike ride. Tom's wearing his rather expensive that seasons clarets top and Danny Ings is sat at the next table. Danny was Burnleys star striker at the time. Tom's getting all excited, he had to explain who Danny fucking Ings was to me. Anyway.. 

It's, my shout for the beers so at the bar I ask if they have a marker pen I can borrow. Sure no problem. So taking the beers back I give Tom the pen and tell him to get his Burnley top signed. Tom's not sure because the guys out with his mates and Tom doesn't want to impose on his privacy....in the end he does..  

Goes over and says hi sorry to bother you and all that but could you sign my top please Danny? No problem says Mr Ings. Tom says hold on.. I've just bought this your staying at Burnley arnt you? Sure says Danny I'm going nowhere. 

He signed my mate top and we fuck off. Tom's happy as fuck untill the cunt moved clubs shortly after lol

4 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

I am very naive about your football on a professional  level. The sport itself is worldwide of course.

Are you aware of what has happened recently at Burnley wrt BLM?

6 hours ago, jacko said:

Are you aware of what has happened recently at Burnley wrt BLM?

With the plane/banner? Yes. The game was televised here. The aftermath, no. At the time the owner threatened to impose a lifetime ban on those responsible.

I recall that players had been alerted to its likelihood in advance. That's all we got here. 

Edited by midlifecrisis
1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

With the plane/banner? Yes. The game was televised here. The aftermath, no. At the time the owner threatened to impose a lifetime ban on those responsible.

I recall that players had been alerted to its likelihood in advance. That's all we got here. 

Well you'll know Burnley got a 5-0 whooping. The skipper or team captain blamed it on the banner upsetting the players. When really they wouldn't have had a chance anyway and they were 5 guys down cos players in the last 6 months of their contract can refuse to play. In case they get injured.. Nobody wants to buy a fucked player. 

The whole blm thing doesn't really fly up north where Burnley are..jacko can explain it better I'm sure.. I'm very limited on football. 

2 hours ago, la8rat said:

Well you'll know Burnley got a 5-0 whooping. The skipper or team captain blamed it on the banner upsetting the players. When really they wouldn't have had a chance anyway and they were 5 guys down cos players in the last 6 months of their contract can refuse to play. In case they get injured.. Nobody wants to buy a fucked player. 

The whole blm thing doesn't really fly up north where Burnley are..jacko can explain it better I'm sure.. I'm very limited on football. 

I saw the whooping. I didn't hear the manager's excuse. I can understand the player's POV. They are middle of the table. They won't be in the top five. They won't be relegated. 

I posted my opinion of BLM in the politics section. They chose a great name but I suspect most don't know much about them apart from the great sounding name.

As I said, I naive on much about the UK beyond general history. We are like that here. You all know far more about us and your continental neighbors than we do about you. I do now a bit about Germany because my mom was from there and I have many cousins still living but still I should know more.

I had the telly on with the match pregame. It is amazing how popular Liverpool is among my countrymen. Tweets from the likes of Samuel L. Jackson. The Boston Red Sox scoreboard lit up with a huge congratulatory message (and they're an Irish town). But the Red Sox know a long draught between titles.

How many records can Liverpool set? A remarkable year!

I wonder if Sir Paul and Sir Ringo are fans.

50 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

I had the telly on with the match pregame. It is amazing how popular Liverpool is among my countrymen. Tweets from the likes of Samuel L. Jackson. The Boston Red Sox scoreboard lit up with a huge congratulatory message (and they're an Irish town). But the Red Sox know a long draught between 

Are you aware that Liverpool are owned by Fenway Sports Group who also own the Red Sox?

Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal all have strong Irish connections.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tallguy said:

Are you aware that Liverpool are owned by Fenway Sports Group who also own the Red Sox?

Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal all have strong Irish connections.

I did not know any of that. Thanks for educating me!