Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Once again my favourite hotel has some good promotions from April to October 2018.

For the night owls, you can now book room-only so you aren't paying for a breakfast you never eat.

If you are an ACE Club member, you pay even less.

They will be closing the outside bar, terrace area and Cafe de Blanc for refurbishment from 1st June, timescale is 4-5 months.

http://arecalodge.com/promotions.html

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...

Once again my favourite hotel has some good promotions from April to October 2018.

For the night owls, you can now book room-only so you aren't paying for a breakfast you never eat.

If you are an ACE Club member, you pay even less.

They will be closing the outside bar, terrace area and Cafe de Blanc for refurbishment from 1st June, timescale is 4-5 months.

http://arecalodge.com/promotions.html

Just seen this post. I'm booked into the Areca from 6th to 15th October - does anyone know if the outside bar, terrace area and Cafe are still closed?

Just seen this post. I'm booked into the Areca from 6th to 15th October - does anyone know if the outside bar, terrace area and Cafe are still closed?

There was still work going on prior to my recent UK trip end of August, I rode past only yesterday and didn't notice... keeping my eye on the road. Will take a look next time.

Pretty sure they were still working on it when I walked past the other day. There was still some boarding up but couldn't tell how close they are to completion.

That is my vague recollection too. I have a definitive picture in my mind about what was in that corner but my brain doesn't compute that now, although I think it was different. Like I said I never went to that outside bar. Strange. I think I have sort of learned to ignore that corner as it was kind of useless space to me before. It did make a nice corner to the circular driveway though. The other side is a driveway into the complex. It goes back, turns right and separates the two buildings on the Soi Diana side.

On my way to that second building at dusk had a bat whiz by my head once. Close the patio door at sunset!

Edited by midlifecrisis

On my way to that second building at dusk had a bat whiz by my head once. Close the patio door at sunset!

Cricket or baseball.

Cricket or baseball.

It was moving too fast!

But since it was foreign turf I would have to think cricket until proven otherwise! Then again, and you would know better than I, are there a lot of ex-pat Americans over there, especially those who may know me?

I still close the sliding galss door at dusk unless I am out on the balcony. Whether human or beastie, one can't be too careful.

As to the question of whether there is work still going on at The Areca , in fact the whole Diana front end is boarded off now. The job seems to have got bigger.

Areca1.jpg

Areca2..jpg