Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

what's going on with the edit function?

I double post, so when trying to delete the text and pics from one of them (the double) it does it to both.

bloody headache!. Check out my "may musings" post where I had all the trouble. also the upload is very slow and times out occasionally.

I deleted your double post, Butch

KM

cheers mate, I deleted the whole lot KM, I basically spent an hour doing a TR only to not be able to edit anything so i said bollocks to it.

What happened was that I posted a double post, tried to edit one of them in order to remove the text and pics, but every time I did it , both posts would "switch" so one of them had just pics, the other just text. It transpired that every edit I made to one of the posts affected the other, even if it were just one line (I tried adding a line saying "ignore this TR - read the other one" at the start of one of them, only to lose all the pics in the other one.

I also couldn't upload photo's using firefox, and the whole TR upload timed out, so I switched to chrome, pasted it all in and then uploaded fairly quick, then discovered the firefox upload was live, thus there were 2 posts.

I'll give it a day or so then will try to write it again using Chrome. Not sure if the browser makes any difference but FF seems to be unstable on this forum for some reason, especially when uploading content.

I'm bloody baffled as to why it has happened.

I was chatting with Frosty the other night as I too see some issues.

I have noticed when I post, it someimes takes ages to come back showing the new post. Then I spot a spelling or typo mistake and try to edit my post, and it comes back as empty after I hit edit! A page redresh usually recovers it.

We are running an old version of Invision or whatever the Forum software is and perhaps we need to upgrade.

I notice more double posts out there than in the past.

Edited by jacko

Can I suggest that anyone doing a trip report or a long post use Word or whatever first. Simply copy and paste. Problems with editing do occur but at least you still have the basic post saved to docs. The other benefits are that you get to use the Spell checking and you can do the mail in chunks as you get the time and inspiration.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

cheers mate, I deleted the whole lot KM, I basically spent an hour doing a TR only to not be able to edit anything so i said bollocks to it.

What happened was that I posted a double post, tried to edit one of them in order to remove the text and pics, but every time I did it , both posts would "switch" so one of them had just pics, the other just text. It transpired that every edit I made to one of the posts affected the other, even if it were just one line (I tried adding a line saying "ignore this TR - read the other one" at the start of one of them, only to lose all the pics in the other one.

I also couldn't upload photo's using firefox, and the whole TR upload timed out, so I switched to chrome, pasted it all in and then uploaded fairly quick, then discovered the firefox upload was live, thus there were 2 posts.

I'll give it a day or so then will try to write it again using Chrome. Not sure if the browser makes any difference but FF seems to be unstable on this forum for some reason, especially when uploading content.

I'm bloody baffled as to why it has happened.

I even gave you a 'green' too!!

KM

ok so I am just going thru this trying to figure out whats going on, and I think I have a partial explanation.

The server this site is running on is a VPS, and the host computer its running on is not even near its useful load, but it does have a very complex storage system known as a RAID. This essentially keeps the data safe in case of a drive failure (or multiple drive failure in this case). One of the downsides to running a RAID is that it sometimes has issues and needs to re-build itself, or in this case do whats called a Consistency Check. These checks take a god-awful amount of time and slow the drive (and thereby the whole system) down to a crawl when running. One of those scans is running now. Worse, its going a lot slower than it should be, and I have no idea why. Its been running now for 2 days and is only at 10%. I could cancel the check, but I dare not as its the second time its run itself - the last time just a few days back I cancelled it for taking too long and slowing down everything. This time I am going to let it run so it can find and fix whatever issue that prompted it to check in the first place. Once completely finished the issue slowing things down whatever it is should be resolved.

In the meantime, I will look in to moving the pattayatalk VPS to one of my other servers. Not sure if that is a viable option or not, but if it is I will get that done today.

• Upvote 1

RAID - is that the Random and inexpensive disc array? old tech isn't it?.

Lol anyway, thanks for the greenie KM, I have asked if the whole topic could be deleted actually, then I can re paste everything from word and insert the pics. they're only around 350kb each so nothing too massive.

RAID - is that the Random and inexpensive disc array? old tech isn't it?.

Lol anyway, thanks for the greenie KM, I have asked if the whole topic could be deleted actually, then I can re paste everything from word and insert the pics. they're only around 350kb each so nothing too massive.

LOL... I can't tell if your being serious or not there.

RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks - essentially its a piece of hardware that combines multiple physical drives (in this case 16), in to a single usable logical drive that the operation system can see. In short it can keep working even if 2 of the physical drives fail, tho it will run slow until the damaged drive(s) are replaced. That is not what is happening here tho - all 16 drives show as online and healthy. Something else is wrong. But it will fix itself.

I have turned off all but 2 of the VPSs running on it to speed things up, so hopefully most of the speed issues will not be noticeable until the scan is complete.

• Upvote 2

Frosty- Just FYI, I got the following error a few minutes ago when I tried to post:

SQL.JPG

The board does seem to be running slow for me.

Also, I cannot use the multiple photo upload function, the advanced uploader. The Choose Files button doesn't show. I have no problem uploading pics one by one.

flash.JPG

I have the latest version of Flash and it's enabled, so this might be a conflict between my browser and the Invision software.

Evil

:devil

Frosty- Just FYI, I got the following error a few minutes ago when I tried to post:

attachicon.gifSQL.JPG

The board does seem to be running slow for me.

Also, I cannot use the multiple photo upload function, the advanced uploader. The Choose Files button doesn't show. I have no problem uploading pics one by one.

attachicon.gifflash.JPG

I have the latest version of Flash and it's enabled, so this might be a conflict between my browser and the Invision software.

Evil

Yup, im working on it. Will update as soon as I am sure a fix is in place.

Site issues should now be resolved.

I did reboot the server, so there was about 5 minutes or so of downtime, but the result should be a good speed again.

Frosty

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and had to play around with browsers until I found one which worked.

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and had to play around with browsers until I found one which worked.

I am going to accelerate the push for the latest version of the software. We may have to go without a skin or with a skin that goes thru a few iterations before its right, but at least we will be on the latest version.

FF, I was joking mate, it's what my brother used to refer to the RAID as.

Thanks for sorting it out, I have posted a review of a hotel and it uploaded and came out pretty quick.

When i'm next in town I'll shout you a few in Le Pub.

Cheers

Butch

At various times, I've had conflicts regarding photo uploads with all the major browsers- Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE and Edge. The one I use least, like almost never, is the one that has proved most consistent regarding photo uploads to P-T- the old Internet Explorer. Usually these conflicts go away on their own.

Evil

As part of the upgrade process I am going to change servers as well.

I am not a linux person. But the version of Linux martin had installed here is very difficult to work with, even for linux (lol). The test server I set up with a basic linux OS is much easier to work with and diagnose issues on, and I will create a new server (more powerful) with the same for our final server. Thats going to happen in the next couple weeks. With any luck that will make these issues go away.