Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

LK Royal Wing - Soi Bukhao review

OK, First off, there are 2 LK group hotels close to each other, The Royal Suites and the Royal Wing. they are separated by a distance of about 100 yards, the Suites face onto Soi Bukhao, whereas the Wing is up a side Soi adjacent to the Suites.

Although the "Wing" is advertised as "serviced apartments", it is no different from any other Pattaya Hotel. Room service comes from the Suites, and if you have ordered breakfast, you wander down to the Suites and eat there in the ground floor open air restaurant.

Here's a short list of "pro's and con's"

Pro's:

Cheaper end of the LK group of Hotels

Large, spacious rooms, clean and uncluttered.

Superior room has a kitchenette, large Bathroom.

Good,controllable A/C.

Rooms have balconies and large windows.

Road does NOT flood out during heavy rain, but that section of Bukhao does.

Quiet.

Con's

Beds made out of granite.

100 yards off Bukhao, when pissed can take a bit of navigation as the road is not well lit.

Not all MC Taxi guys know it (although give them a card from the Hotel they soon realise).

Pool area small and unkempt but the pool is a good size.

Housekeeping are not quiet in their duties (dragging chairs and tables).

Soi dogs.

I paid 1600 baht per night without breakfast. For me it represented excellent value. The room was large, airy but the bed was quite hard, very hard in fact. I had to double over the duvet to give me a soft surface to sleep on.

You do get a couple of Soi dogs here on the street outside. They are slightly inquisitive but unless you face them, they will follow you around. There are a few businesses down the Soi, plus an MC Taxi guy just outside the Hotel who is fairly solid and reliable. Charged me 60 baht to WS which is more than fair.

There is an in room safe and ample wardrobe space, plus a chez lounge which I used to store my stuff on. The bathroom has free soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, razors, shave foam and shower cap along with a shower gel and conditioner in the shower. The shower itself (no tub) is either a rain shower or hand held, water pressure is so-so but the hot water very efficient. 4 Towels, 2 dressing gowns and slippers provided, plus 2 blue towels for the pool area.

4.jpg

The floor is tiled with a rug in the middle, there is a chair and desk, all lighting A/C etc can be controlled from the bedside.

294075_14071616400020298830.jpg

caption.jpg

59e70292_z.jpg

It is guest friendly for one guest, joiner of 500 baht for any additional. Ample car and M/C parking with security.

Desk staff speak very good English, especially the LB who is very helpful. Entry and exit of the room is by key card which you can drop off at reception or keep with you when you go out. Most rooms are non smoking but they do have smoking rooms available. Also there's a lift for the higher floors.

Overall I'd give this place a thumbs up. The pool area was not up to my expectation which is a shame as it was a selling point for me, however I did speak to management about it and they took note (for all the good it will do lol).

For 1600 baht a night I thought it offered decent value. you have the Leng Kee restaurant 200 yards away which offers excellent, cheap food, 24h and I made a right pig of myself there frequently. They occasionally run out of dishes though, so bear that in mind.

There is a money changer at the end of the Soi, but the TT rates which is a few yards away are better. Also a 7/11 - here's a couple of Google map links to help you along.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9350408,100.8881433,3a,75y,112.67h,71.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sM4F6I4AL5rr66O1z4KTTaQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Royal Wing itself:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9345876,100.8892925,3a,75y,183.94h,93.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ss6TLeVCgaxvp4I-uheADmQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Any questions, just ask.

• Upvote 2

Nice review and nice room.

The quality of girls in and around LK Metro has me considering that area on my next trip.

MC Taxi 60b to WS is reasonable as they were charging me 100b from soi 5 to WS.

LK Metro to WS or Soi 5 60b...so I guess anything on Beach Road gets you tourist rates.

I tried to negotiate with one MC Taxi guy from Soi 5 to WS from 100 to 60 he say "Boss is 40b really gonna kill ya!" he's right but next time I snagged the bus.

Hi Tex

I'd give it a go. I usually stay on Soi 1 or Soi 5 (Blue Sky), but for 100 baht more over the Blue Sky, the LK really offers much better value. LK Metro GGB's have some really nice girls in them and i'll offer up a report in due course, but the beer bars (check out my TR in the relevant section) have some great girls with some great attitudes. The additional benefit of having good afternoon drinking venues all around and more opportunity for S/T.

In future I've decided I will stay on Bukhao, as WS is a cheap Taxi fare away should I want to. Also, Soi 7/8 and Central is a short walk from the Wing through the New Plaza, 10 min max - if you don't get distracted :)

Edited by Butch

The rooms look good, especially for the price. I have seen specials for the LK Royal Wing when looking for hotels to stay, BUT the 100 yards of Bukhao , down an unlit dirt path have always put me off.

I did walk down there once, to see what it might be like- my impression was that many of the guests have their own bikes.

Thanks for the review.

The rooms look good, especially for the price. I have seen specials for the LK Royal Wing when looking for hotels to stay, BUT the 100 yards of Bukhao , down an unlit dirt path have always put me off.

I did walk down there once, to see what it might be like- my impression was that many of the guests have their own bikes.

Thanks for the review.

Hi

It's actually not that bad, as there is plenty of ambient light from the guest house half way up and the LKW itself, but there are a couple of "slippery when wet" drain covers. Security wise it is fine, you'll have no issues, I often wandered along there pissed in the small hours, my only company being the occasional cat.