Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi All , I have an out of date thai driving licence(s) , how do I go about renewing said licence(s). I have only a 60 day visa this year will this make a difference?. any help will be appreciated.

You're probably going to need a residency certificate from immigration. Suspect that may be a problem.

I got a Res certificate to renew mine with only a Tourist visa and proof of renting last year. However, unless you are holding a long-term visa licence office will only give you two year renewal.

Thanks guys . I also want to know what forms I need . I think I can get the Residence thing and I will need a medical(?) form as well as a couple of pic . Is there anything else I need. I have my old expired licences as well.

Thanks guys . I also want to know what forms I need . I think I can get the Residence thing and I will need a medical(?) form as well as a couple of pic . Is there anything else I need. I have my old expired licences as well.

For the residence certificate or for the licence?

My list for later this week is...

Residence Certificate....

2 color pics

Original passport

Original proof of address.... rental contract, (I usually bring my phone bill and a copy of it)

Signed copies of:- passport photo page

visa stamped in passport (extension in my case) with last admission stamp.

TM6 card.

Complete form TM 18.

They also wanted a signed copy of the stamp in my passport where the original Non-Imm O was transferred into my new (at the time) passport..

The residence certificate was issues after a short wait as they were not busy.

All this is detailed here, Key Visa, with a source for the form too..

Then for the driving Licence(s):

Passport.

Old licences.

Copies of old licences, front and back.

Residence certificate. Original and copy (2 if applying for 2 licences).

One copy was returned to me.

Passport face page 2 copies signed.

TM 6 Card copies 2 off signed. (Not required, instead 2 signed copies of my most recent retirement extension stamps needed)

Sign all your copies!

I am told no medical cert for my 5 year renewal, you should take one along.

Not required for my 5 year renewal.

Kudos to BM InternationalTraveler for the information he supplied in this post and thread.

Later Edit: I have come back to this post to reflect what I actually ended up needing , it also now differs from what International Traveler posted.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Last two times I didn't need photos. They take their own.

Photos are only mentioned for the residence certificate, are you saying immigration take their own now?

(It is a long long time since I got a residence certificate... even 5 years back when I last did driving licence renewals, didn't need one back then).

Edited by jacko

Last two times I didn't need photos. They take their own.

Photos are only mentioned for the residence certificate, are you saying immigration take their own now?

(It is a long long time since I got a residence certificate... even 5 years back when I last did driving licence renewals, didn't need one back then).

You must have meant for the driving licence, because you sure do need them for the residence certificate.

I was also required to supply a copy of the stamp in my passport where the old, but still active (due to extensions), Non-Imm-O was transferred into the new passport.

The residence certificate was issued afer a short wait, no need to return later or the next day, as some sources claim. Perhaps that varies depending how busy they are.

I told them I was just renewing my car drivng licence, they asked, I felt they were trying to get me to pay for two residence certificates. The one is 300 baht.

In and out about 30 minutes, including 90-day reporting.

Well done Jomtiem immigration.

Driving licences, Thursday.

Edited by jacko