Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

World Cup  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Uruguay finally kick off the championships with an excellent win over the hosts. Cavani gets on the scoresheet. Good day for wac. :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too, from midnight on during a Walking Street crawl!

Hi,   A great day for wac, as Serbia win and Germany are beaten. :clap2Mexico and the Swiss are good teams, make no mistake. Looks like many teams in with a chance. More than usual, anyway.

Posted Images

Hi,

The Argies are still in it but for how long ? They play France next and I feel they will be too strong for the current team of Argentinians. Germany have still to qualify but should make it now. Denmark are still in there after putting us all to sleep yesterday. :D

Have been enjoying the competition and have watched virtually every game at the bar.

I voted for Germany. They are always there or about.

Have all the matches in exclusive 4K resolution on our 75 inch screen in the bar. Come and join me.

Cheers all

But with the loss of Saudi Arabia, Iran and a few others, England are about the only Muslim country left in the draw.... :P

Hi,

Ha, ha. Getting that way. :rolleyes:

Germany out!!

I like watching Germany (unless they are playing England)........there's much to appreciate in their play and I would have bet my house that by hook or crook they'd have made the final........

BUT they did invent a word.............Schadenfreude, which means 'pleasure derived from the misfortune of others. Schaden means ‘harm’ and Freude ‘joy’. It is indeed a sad thing that this word exists.

However, they coined the word.......and it's finally the rest of the footballing world's turn to feel that guilty pleasure.

As one go our greatest heroes...............Nelson put it........

Edited by atlas2

This a tantamount to a national tragedy for Germans, there will be huge recriminations about lazy, overpaid millionaire prima donnas, and Joachim Loew will undoubtedly announce his resignation as national coach. From World Cup champion to elimination in the first round makes his position untenable IMO.

It goes to show that there are no truly bad or easy teams in the World Cup this time, and the giant-killers are improving all the time. Looking forward to the Belgium game tonight, and hoping that England will pull the stops out rather than shifting down a gear to rest major players.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Its amazing how many top players are at the WC who flopped at Man Utd. The young lad who scored for Belgium is another. De Maria for Argentina, etc. etc.... Something wrong at Man Utd if these top players are flopping there. Square pegs, round wholes ???

Firstly momentum.....

Let's look at Portugal winners of the last Euros.......

"Draw with Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Croatia (won in ET), Poland (won on pens), First win in Semi Finals against Wales and a

Draw with France (won in ET) in the final."

They were mostly rubbish.........one win in normal time in 7 games. But they won the whole shebang!!......And get covered in glory all the shit play forgotten.

"Germany in WC 2014 drew with Ghana in their second group game and narrowly beat USA to win the group – playing awful football, no momentum, until they got to the ¼’s – won the tournament."

"Spain a lucky draw with Italy opening game on Euro’s 2012 – won the tournament."

"Spain World Cup 2010 – lost to Switzerland opening group game..............but won the tournament."

Most winners of tournaments play badly, or draw against inferior opposition yet these teams still scrape through to the quarters, the semis or the final. It's rare in recent memory that the winners haven't slipped up somewhere during the tournament.

Conversely many teams play brilliantly....are really fancied and go out through perhaps over optimism or rotten bad luck.....

Momentum?.........Winners just forget the shit and get on with it...........Win the last one is what counts.........Momentum smentom!

Columbia is our most important game in years..........Columbia have progressed further than England in their tournaments and should be ranked by that achievement alone higher than England. I'll be hiding behind the sofa with fingers crossed.

Whatever happens Southgate resting and preserving his best team was the best preparation for this next test.........Now it's squeaky bum time.....

Here's some very interesting stats from The Telegraph today:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/06/29/13-intriguing-stats-world-cup-2018-far/

Edited by atlas2

Germany have a poor record in Russia :D :rolleyes: and I expect them to retreat again.

Hi,

Somedays I love you, wac.

Back in Anchorage, Alaska for the moment. Went to my favorite breakfast place this morning (Saturday) and they had a good crowd watching the France-Argentina game.

Well it`s now the second time we went unprepared into Russia :P.

Hi,

At least you can laugh about it. Two great games, France look good and M'Bappe seems ready to take over the reigns from Ron and Messi. Uruguay lands a pot for wac but Cavani goes off injured. Big loss if he can't make the French game.

I am very disappointed – why can’t I vote at Denmark :wtf :D
Remember 1992!
Even this time Denmark has better chances then England :bhappy
Actually I don’t think this tournament has any clear favorite. I have to wait a few days before I decide what team to vote at.

Hi,

You guys were unlucky. You hammered Ireland in the play offs. On that form you would have beaten England as well.

Hi,

You guys were unlucky. You hammered Ireland in the play offs. On that form you would have beaten England as well.

To be honest Denmark has in this tournament not played the kind of football I like – a WC winner has to have more than a good defense.

Brazil vs Colombia in the final....some hot Chica action to be had in those countries!

Hi,

Not a great fan of Brazilian girls, but they look good. Columbian would suit me better. French guys seem to go for Peruvian ladies, IME. I went to a Nicuragean(?) event one time in A/Dam and didnt find the locals too friendly. Some of them hate "whitey", maybe with good reason.

Edited by wacmedia

Hi,

Belgium show good bottle to come back against Japan. Courtois showed the right attitude when he quickly got them on the attack in the last minute. He could have held on and settled for extra time. Nice one.

Hi,

Not a great fan of Brazilian girls, but they look good. Columbian would suit me better. French guys seem to go for Peruvian ladies, IME. I went to a Nicuragean(?) event one time in A/Dam and didnt find the locals too friendly. Some of them hate "whitey", maybe with good reason.

No good reason to hate based on colour..........

On a brighter note........I read somewhere the lucky portent.....Andy Murray didn't play Wimbledon in '66 and he's not playing it in 2018......Football's coming home!!