Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

World Cup  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

It is a matter of great sadness that 2 of the iconic teams of the World Cup, Italy and Holland, are not in Russia. The caravan rolls on and I will try and improve on my runner up selection last time.

Argentina are again in contention and with Kun on the team they will carry a little of my dosh.

Belgium have a star team but have failed to show it.Wouldn't put anybody off backing them.

Brazil imploded at home and wacs intelligence service say they threw the game v Germany. I can't trust them after that,

England have well coached young players, like Sterling and Dele who are World class and with Kane to score goals I expect them to go close to the final. Southgate has made some good calls and I think he is pretty good.

France have the exceptional Didier Deschamps as manager and he has a young team. He has left some stars at home but I think whoever beats France can win the event.

Germany have a poor record in Russia :D :rolleyes: and I expect them to retreat again.

My Polish cousins fancy their team and any team with Lewandowski in it has a chance.

Portugal will hardly get as lucky as in the Euros.

Spain will suffer from the Catalan tensions. Not for me this time.

Uruguay have won 2 cups which is great for such a small country. They have Godin and Gimenez from the great Athletic defense and 2 World class strikers, Cavani and Suarez, in attack. They are my selection at 30/1.

Enjoy the games and I hope you win some money.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too, from midnight on during a Walking Street crawl!

Hi,   A great day for wac, as Serbia win and Germany are beaten. :clap2Mexico and the Swiss are good teams, make no mistake. Looks like many teams in with a chance. More than usual, anyway.

Posted Images

I am very disappointed – why can’t I vote at Denmark :wtf :D

Remember 1992!

Even this time Denmark has better chances then England :bhappy

Actually I don’t think this tournament has any clear favorite. I have to wait a few days before I decide what team to vote at.

Hi,

Sorry guys. I meant to put more teams in and write a bit more but I'm stuck for time at the moment.

I voted Brazil because I love the women and Pele is the greatest World Cup player of all time.

Like College football my favorite team to root for on Saturday is whoever is playing against Oklahoma....so keeping with that theme my favorite World Cup Team will be whoever is playing against Russia (looks like Saudi Arabia already let me down).

Hi,

Great start for Russia, but the Saudis look a very poor team. Spain v Portugal is the game of the day. I think Spain will win despite their problems. A friend had Russia to win 3 or 4 nil yesterday and they scored a fifth in extra time in extra time. A bummer.

Hi,

Spain are held by Portugal after a rare mistake from De Gea. Great game to watch if you are American and dont watch many games. A classic but Spain gave away 2 soft goals. Ronaldo scores 3 after being fined almost €19 million and getting a 2 year jail sentence earlier in the day.

Hi,

A great day for wac, as Serbia win and Germany are beaten. :clap2Mexico and the Swiss are good teams, make no mistake. Looks like many teams in with a chance. More than usual, anyway.

• Upvote 1

Of course I'm watching last night from behind the settee (it's 'England' after all).......Great nail-biting entertainment.

Bright start......England were very good apart from their finishing and then 'H'.....(That stands for 'Harry' but really he should be known by his nom-de-guerre of,'Johnny on the spot').....'H' tucks a rebound off the keeper away.

I came out from behind the sofa......'Gonna be easy'...... Squandered open goals and posts start to add up and then a penalty awarded to Tunisia. 'Here we go, here we go....again' comes to mind. And as deflated as a 'Brady football' England start to labour, and I'm back to fretting.

In the 92nd min 'H' for once not pinned to the ground by a cynical Tunisian defender puts a winner away. His second goal attempt and second goal.

A win richly deserved.......Looking forward to the next two games.

My main take away whinge........Is why was the VAR system set up not to work in the Tunisian penalty area???????? :banghead

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

A win richly deserved.......Looking forward to the next two games.

My main take away whinge........Is why was the VAR system set up not to work in the Tunisian penalty area???????? :banghead

Hi,

Kane should have been awarded at least one penalty. England looked good IMO.

Hi,

Well Uruguay have made it to the last 16 without looking too impressive. I think the WC really starts at that stage.

Australia have been brilliant......Great TEAM. I'd be proud. Morocco were good too.

Didn't see the Argentina game........Maybe God's Croatian.

Australia have been brilliant......Great TEAM. I'd be proud. Morocco were good too.

Didn't see the Argentina game........Maybe God's Croatian.

Yes I watched Oz and felt the same, good spirit. Didn't see any of the other games as I was in my pit early after our PT crawl the previous night. Other than Russia too many low scoring (1-0) matches, and many games a bit dull. Good on Croatia!

Edited by jacko

Hi,

Germany fail to impress but get a late goal to put their tournament back on track. Serbia make a complaint after 2 players foul their centre forward in the box. I feel they get the rough end of the stick.Politics comes into sport, no matter what anyone says. :cry1

Random fan thoughts.

I prefer to watch important England matches in my room without distractions; allowing me to totally imbibe the drama, tension and excitement. It was useful for me though that my son is over. He's still at Uni' but plays in a semi-pro league in Australia and his commentary on the England game was measured and instructive.

By the time the 3rd goal went in we could both totally relax and enjoy the game, the goals and each other's 'company'

Anything can happen but we've set our sights on England reaching the quarters.

We both agree that Kane isn't England's best player but he's the most important. England play with belief when he's on the pitch.

Trippier is a revelation..........Along with Lingard he's become indispensable. But they all are...... If Rose's head is in the right place and his fitness up I might swop him for Young ........But there's the old adage to consider.

Southgate has done well so far, let's see if he rests and rotates or keeps the engine ticking without tinkering with it.

Belgium look to be the best team and at full strength a useful yardstick for us.

Love the Yorkshire back three. After a tricky season the two goals are good for Stone's confidence.

There's hope......

Hi,

England are on a roll and have a good chance IMO. Two teams who did well in the last WC, Columbia and Croatia are starting to look good. I was happy to see Falcao score as he was the best finisher in the World before his serious injury. Wouldn't mind being amongst the Columbian fans as their women are hot. :banana