Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

watching and listening to world cup games in english

Hi All, I am looking for a site that I can access in Pattaya so I can watch the late games on my TV not in a bar. Any help would be appreciated . I tried downloading a couple of free VPNs but they dont fool the BBc ITV or SKY.

Hi All, I am looking for a site that I can access in Pattaya so I can watch the late games on my TV not in a bar. Any help would be appreciated . I tried downloading a couple of free VPNs but they dont fool the BBc ITV or SKY.

This site accesses a few of the UK channels, also this one with less success.

Sometimes I get improved reception by switching in a VPN with a UK based server. But in reality the international internet seems stressed and strained during World Cup football.

HDPrimeTV is a pay option, but they make paying difficult as you have to buy 'True Money' from The 7-11.

An Android box/IPTV is another option, but I am already confused by 4 remote controls.

Edited by jacko

I use HD Prime........Not difficult to pay-as-you go just tap in the numbers.....

Usually excellent reception, though sometimes a nightmare......For some reason BBC 2 can be iffy......(Makes PMQs problematic)......

Happy that there are 3 Thai channels for quality world-cup back-up plus I have on my Android another dozen or so options.

Barring lightening strikes and power-cuts I'm covered......Back-stop my ipnone is kept fully charged on England match nights.

As a suggestion try some other countries, Astro Supersport is is showing games in English in my hotel, it is a Malaysian cable network. Might not be usable but you might find one that is. Believe it or not the Lao cable which is also showing here is in English.

Don't bother looking for the Aussie feed, it is crashing for the locals causing all sorts of problems for the rights holder.

I use HD Prime........Not difficult to pay-as-you go just tap in the numbers.....

Usually excellent reception, though sometimes a nightmare......For some reason BBC 2 can be iffy......(Makes PMQs problematic)......

Happy that there are 3 Thai channels for quality world-cup back-up plus I have on my Android another dozen or so options.

Barring lightening strikes and power-cuts I'm covered......Back-stop my ipnone is kept fully charged on England match nights.

What numbers..... don't you have to go to the 7-11 and get some prepaid card?

Edited by jacko

What numbers..... don't you have to go to the 7-11 and get some prepaid card?

I'm not sure about that......I like to Pay as I go monthly

The way I do it is: get a True money voucher from 7/11 with 14 numbers. My use costs 550bt which is 30 days of everything.....Movies, series and live TV but you can purchase other cheaper but more limited options. Unhelpfully True money doesn't allow 550 baht amounts so I have to hand over 590bt but the un-used credit builds up and either next time, or later I use it up.

On screen you go into 'Account'.... 'Buy points' (tap in your True money number) and then click on the option you've chosen. It instantly allows the access you wanted.

Last week, mooching around beyond the current Movies, Series and live tv. I watched an episode each of 'Paladin, Have Gun Will Travel' (He's dead).....'Cheyenne' (He's dead)...... 'Dangerman' (He's dead).....and 'The Saint' (Got the real doughnut over his head now).......Lovely rubbish.

I'm not sure about that......I like to Pay as I go monthly

The way I do it is: get a True money voucher from 7/11 with 14 numbers. My use costs 550bt which is 30 days of everything.....Movies, series and live TV but you can purchase other cheaper but more limited options. Unhelpfully True money doesn't allow 550 baht amounts so I have to hand over 590bt but the un-used credit builds up and either next time, or later I use it up.

On screen you go into 'Account'.... 'Buy points' (tap in your True money number) and then click on the option you've chosen. It instantly allows the access you wanted.

Last week, mooching around beyond the current Movies, Series and live tv. I watched an episode each of 'Paladin, Have Gun Will Travel' (He's dead).....'Cheyenne' (He's dead)...... 'Dangerman' (He's dead).....and 'The Saint' (Got the real doughnut over his head now).......Lovely rubbish.

Thanks, that is pretty much as I believed it to be, you could buy coupons or use True Money. Although I just took a look and a new option of Bank Transfer, Paypal and even bitcoin is mentioned! Seems a complicated way to pay, having to get coupons... or go via True money. As daft as those Thai food courts where you have to Q 3 times to get served once!

Edited by jacko

I’ve used HD prime for other sporting events and they are usually ok.

BBC iplayer will not work with most VPN’s.

True ch 668 has all gsmesnin duel commentary as is ch 400 with the game in 4K and Dolby

• Upvote 1