Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

8 Months Total - 2 Entries (Tourist Visa) - Reporting?

Hi,

I'm doing my first long stay (8 months) and I would appreciate some help.

I have done a 3 month trip before and all I did was to get a tourist visa (while in my home country) and then extended it by 30 days via local immigration Thailand. I bounced around in different guest houses and I guess they all did my TM30 properly because I didn't get any fee while extending my visa (2018-March).

Now, however, I'm a bit confused and would love your input.

Lenght of total trip: 8 months

Visa: Tourist Visa 60 day + extension 30 day via local immigration (Pattaya)

Place of stay: Condo Rental (same place for 8 months)

Plan: After 85 of my first days I will leave the country by plane to do a week of vacation in another country. I will return by plane within a week, perhaps two.
TM30: The condo owner has said that she will do the TM30 for me when I land in Thailand on Day 1.

Here are the Q's.....

- When I come back to Thailand after my small trips by plane, do I mail the condo owner to do the reporting "one more time" or how does it work? Can I report my self?

- Since my setup of Tourist Visa (60 day) + Extension (30 day) and leaving on day ~ 85 makes it so I don't stay any consecutive 90day-period - do I have any obligation to do report my stay besides what the condo owner does (tm30)? If I understand it correctly you guys with a long long term visa needs to file a report every 90 days. Can I skip that one?

- Are there any limits to how many times I can enter Thailand by plane? i.e. limits to "border runs"?
- I will probably apply for a tourist visa to Thailand before leaving that country that I'm currently doing my small vacation/"border run" in. Any pros/cons to do this?

- What are some things that you think I've missed that would be good to know?

Your plan sounds fine.

No 90 day reporting requirement as you do not plan to stay for more than 90 consecutive days.

If the condo owner takes care of the TM30 better still, it is actually his responsibility.

I do see a requirement to resubmit the TM30 on your return from the small trip.

Obtaining a 1st time tourist visa in an adjacent country is usually OK, although one hear rumours of problems here and there. For example I hear that Penang was limiting the number it issues on a daily basis and you may get told to come back. Many people use Vientiane

There is another Thai based website that specialize in Visa questions. and they have some very knowledgeable experts. I may not be up to date as I got suspended over there because of my big mouth and now don't use the site. Do a Google for Thai Visa Forum. They will recommend countries and mention any that are problematic.

Did you consider applying for a Multiple Entry tourist Visa? In the UK the extra requirements are:-

Original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print out with official stamp of the bank

A letter from the applicant's employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy)

( If you are self-employed, you self-assessment and a company registration document are required.)

A photocopy of the confirmed air ticket to Thailand

A photocopy of the hotel reservation confirmation in Thailand

Edited by jacko

Hi

Maybe I am not well awake, but how will you stay your last 2 months ? Your 2 tourist visa will give you only a little less than 6 months.

For the TM30, let the condo owner do it as he is willing to do it, but ask for a copy of the receipt. Also better to inform him when you come back. Jomtien may say that the second one is not required because at the same address and a short travel, but don't take the risk of a stupid fine.

Thanks guys,

On my second re-entry (my "last 2 months") will be without visa because I'll initially get 30 while entering the country and I'll get another 30 days via an 30 day extension. At least I hope so.

Again, thanks.

As I understand it, if on day 85 you leave, get a new 60 day tourist visa, and return, the condo owner should re-register your arrival. At least, that is what I was told by the condo juristic people when I did the same in January. However, when I went to extend my 2nd tourist visa, I still had the tm30 receipt from the first extension, and did not have to go through the checks again.

I went to Vientiane for 3 days to get the new visa. Easy, but lots of time in a queue!

• 4 weeks later...

I will just tag onto this topic as it is simply a comment about immigration and not the substance of a new topic.

Re-entry permit yesterday, arrived at immigration before 10am, out about 20 minutes later, if that. Slick and easy.

It was raining so the motorcycle was not an option, and I dreaded the drive in, as it turned out, not bad at all, although I took the circuitous route of going further South than necessary on the railway line bypass, and using Chaiyaphruek and then Jomtiem second Rd. I had hoped to park on the left there but the Thai habit of laying claim to bits of the highway with bins and chairs thwarted me and next thing I know I am at soi 5. My recommendation, use the parking area on soi 5, don't be part of the problem in-front of immigration! It is 40 baht FFS.... a bit muddy when wet!

After, get your 40 bahts worth and go to Simple Simon for something to eat, or maybe visit a MP in the next street.... any guesses where I was?

Return trip, a bit more traffic, some twits digging up Threppasit without any thought of traffic management beyond parking their truck in the middle of the road! Home before midday! Used the tunnel for perhaps only the 3rd or 4th time, and one of those was on my bike and I shouldn't have been there! Whilst it is great to whiz past Klang junction and straight onto the flyover, the lack of traffic under there, compared to how busy Sukhumvit was, makes me wonder if it has reaped any benefit whatsoever.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Re-entry permit yesterday, arrived at immigration before 10am, out about 20 minutes later, if that. Slick and easy. //

Hi. Just a reminder that the Re-Entry immigration service at both Bangkok airports is open 24/7.

That can be a good option if you want to avoid yet another trip to Jomtien Immigration.

Last in June, I arrived with form TM.8 already filled, signed and with photo: 1'000 B and about 5 minutes. B)

Hi. Just a reminder that the Re-Entry immigration service at both Bangkok airports is open 24/7.

That can be a good option if you want to avoid yet another trip to Jomtien Immigration.

Last in June, I arrived with form TM.8 already filled, signed and with photo: 1'000 B and about 5 minutes. B)

Yes I realize that, but just better planning for me to arrive with it already in my passport, I fear delays at the airport nowadays. And my next flight is in the morning when I have experienced delays before.

Yes I realize that, but just better planning for me to arrive with it already in my passport, I fear delays at the airport nowadays. And my next flight is in the morning when I have experienced delays before.

Below the "huge long queues" at Immigration to leave Thailand on June 14 at about 11AM ;)

Photo taken while waiting for my ReEntry stamp...

IMG_4006x.jpg

Edited by Idefix

Below the "huge long queues" at Immigration to leave Thailand on June 14 at about 11AM ;)

Photo taken while waiting for my ReEntry stamp...

Well that doesn't look too bad.... but my issue was the security checks prior to immigration, how was it there?

Here is what I encountered at about 10 am earlier in the year... notice the queue nearly all the way back to the building entrance!

airport2.jpg

airportq.jpg

;)

Same flight a few months prior...

airport3.jpg

Edited by jacko

Hi guys a quick question as some of you seem to know that of which you write, can I still get a 90 day O visa that I got many years ago , as I want to stay for 3 months next year. I think I need that visa to get my driving licences renewed.

Hi guys a quick question as some of you seem to know that of which you write, can I still get a 90 day O visa that I got many years ago , as I want to stay for 3 months next year. I think I need that visa to get my driving licences renewed.

Obviously 3 months is much simpler with a Tourist Visa and a single extension.

Non-Imm O type visas are also an option but not as easy as they used to be,

You must quote a reason from the following examples..

To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

There is also an O-X option.

For applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working, and who are nationals of of (1) Japan (2) Australia (3) Denmark (4) Finland (5) France (6) Germany (7) Italy (8) Netherlands (9) Norway (10) Sweden (11) Switzerland (12) United Kingdom (13) Canada (14) United States of America.

But you have to deposit 3 million in the Thai bank!

It is detailed quite well here.

Seems to be a major divergence between the requirements for a retirement visa and a retirement extension in regards to finances.