Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Rellable Car & Driver Available

My pal ROLAND in another thread wanted to know if I knew a guy who ran a taxi service. Man O man I sure do. My somewhat reliable Alex. For me he always has shown up on time with a clean newish Honda. Some guys have had a different experience with Alex where he hasn't show up. Totally uncool. The day I leave for LOS, I email him and remind him I'm coming. I do the same for my hotel.

Alex is but one way to get to Pattaya and guys have used other services with pretty much the same results. Sometimes the bastard doesn't show :cussing . This is Thailand. Your mileage will vary.

alex_qme@hotmail.com

mobile # 09-82911

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pal ROLAND in another thread wanted to know if I knew a guy who ran a taxi service. Man O man I sure do. My somewhat reliable Alex. For me he always has shown up on time with a clean newish Honda. Some guys have had a different experience with Alex where he hasn't show up. Totally uncool. The day I leave for LOS, I email him and remind him I'm coming. I do the same for my hotel.

Alex is but one way to get to Pattaya and guys have used other services with pretty much the same results. Sometimes the bastard doesn't show :beer . This is Thailand. Your mileage will vary.

alex_qme@hotmail.com     

mobile # 09-82911

BigDUSA.

I have alex Email address as tbsinfo@ksc.th.com

Bigmike.

I'd ask my hotel to recommend a service. You know the approximate cost, just don't get ripped off. I tried Alex's service, but got stood up at my hotel. I emailed when I first arrived in BKK to inform Alex I arrived safely; 3 days later I emailed to confirm my pickup the following afternoon. Got nothing from the guy. Didn't answer the phone after I called when he was 30 minutes past due, either.

This may be the exception to the rule, but do you want it to be you?

Hi

Ive just read all these posts and think Alex's attitude is about average for most services you get Thailand. Hit and miss. My friend uses the same taxi sevice to Pattaya everytime he goes. He is happy even though one time and the only time i went with him the taxi was about 20 minutes late, we were just about to hire another car from the departure lounge at BKK when they broadcast over the speaker in the airport my friends name, his excuse was he was in the toilet. Hmmm!!

We endured a "white knuckle" trip but we got there.

My friend still uses this service and has had them translate immigration paper work for him and his Thai fiancee.

I know i would not use them again if this had happened in Australia, but rember it is Thailand, "goes with the territory".

Cheers Malzy

BTW, Its not Alex's service.

IMHO, if this thread rolls over to 5 pages, we need to ask Pete to put in 'The Archives'.

I guess we would need to ask Hilly, if its ok for his Batam Trip Report to have second billing.

LeoTex

• 2 months later...
I would rather walk to Pattaya than rely on a jabroni like BigD's reccomendation :P

ROLAND,

You should at least be willing to give Alex a try before you slag him. :P

You can also flag down a taxi in Bangkok (look for a new one) and ask him to take you to Pattaya on the meter. Took me only two tries to find one who would go. Meter was around 950, I paid the tolls.

In front of a bigger hotel where there are taxis waiting might be your best bet.

HI

just arrived and had pick up by taxi driver cost me 1500bht with tolls inclued and water and towel service. name of the company is milkyway group

038303060 - 071474638 - mwtron@btinternet.com

and if i want special friend to meet me next time at airport cost is 1850bht.

they were very good and waiting near number 13 (bank ) sign

hope this is of some help

• 3 weeks later...

I can recommend Wonder Tour and Travel. I have used them 3 times now and have been very impressed. The rate as of 1 December, was 1400 bt without tolls. There email address is Wonder Tour and Travel

Another member of this board recommended them to me and I have not been disappointed. The owner is a nice lady named Thanapatra Sarnboonma or Pat and the phone number is (66) 38 428206.

• 1 month later...

Guy in another thread asked about taxi from the airport to Pattaya. I figured I revive this.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Alex still in business? I am asking because the last post about Alex apparently dates from fall 04.

I need transportation on March 9, 05 at around 15:00h. Any alternatives to Alex? Or anyone wants to share a car?

Is Alex still in business? I am asking because the last post about Alex apparently dates from fall 04.

I need transportation on March 9, 05 at around 15:00h. Any alternatives to Alex? Or anyone wants to share a car?

BigD posted recently that Alex is still in business. I get in on the 8th of Mar at 11:30 PM so I'll already be in Pattaya. I use the Pattaya based service khrongfa for my past 5 trips without a hitch. The info on them are posted elsewhere in this thread. I would suggest that you post your own topic about sharing a ride as most people look at the date and time and may not see your post here.

Emil

I used alex 28 jan 05

called him and set it up before i left usa

called when i landed in los

(have thai sim card for phone)

driver was there with my (misspelled) name on sign

great service

thanx for the tip boys

Don't assume it always happens like this. It didn't for me last year. :D

Snobird and myself used another car service in BKK and the guy showed up on time and a newish Toyota. Cost 1100 plus tolls. No problems stopping for a leak and beer. I will use then again.

pra_artd.hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

When you arrange for a driver to pick you up, it's always a good idea to have "plan b" as many of these services are run by one guy and they can be hit or miss. Email the guy on the day you leave to remind him your coming. I do the same with my hotel. I'm not saying double book but you may have to consider taking a taxi with the hassles that may be involved with a driver who tells you he knows Pattaya but you find out later he doesn't.

Most times you won't have a problem but be prepared.

When you arrange for a driver to pick you up, it's always a good idea to have "plan b" as many of these services are run by one guy and they can be hit or miss. Email the guy on the day you leave to remind him your coming. I do the same with my hotel. I'm not saying double book but you may have to consider taking a taxi with the hassles that may be involved with a driver who tells you he knows Pattaya but you find out later he doesn't.

Most times you won't have a problem but be prepared.

Rellable driver ,

Now that can be a cotradiction in terms ,

What you read here is not writen in stone,

And you need a plan B.

What was rellable for me may not work for you ,

I have had hotel pick ups go wrong , (some times down to me )

I would phone the driver the day before I leave .

The screwup might come from us giving the wrong terminal, time or date. On my last trip I provided the following day for my arrival as I land at 11:30 PM. Fortunately after I sent the email something told me to recheck the date and I sent a follow on email with the correct date.

Not trying to knock anyone, but I just don't understand why anyone uses a taxi service/driver at these prices. At BKK, I just walk up to the Arrivals area, find a taxi and driver that I like the looks of, and negotiate a price. The most I have ever paid was 1200 baht, all tolls included, and that was only because it was high season and I just absolutely did not feel like bargaining. Now if you do not know how to get where you are going and don't have a Thai cellphone that you can use to call your hotel, MAYBE it would be worthwhile to pay more for a driver from Pattaya who by the sound of it might or might not show up.

Hippie,

This topic is for the guy who has never been to Pattaya and is looking for a somewhat reliable service that knows their way around Pattaya. For the guy who's been here a few times taxi service works well.

Good point. I could have chosen a better thread to make my comments on. As I said, for a newbie I don't think a hired car is a horrible idea, although if the person is the independent type a cab will stil work just fine, IMHO.

My comments were aimed more at the seasoned Pattaya vets who keep talking about the drivers they use. I just can't figure out what point I am missing, as it seems like a bad idea at the prices I see quoted.

My comments were aimed more at the seasoned Pattaya vets who keep talking about the drivers they use. I just can't figure out what point I am missing, as it seems like a bad idea at the prices I see quoted.

I think i'll try the cabs this time if I dont find someone to share with on the plane

Edited by sinbinjack